Conversation Between emuexport and twilyth

2 Visitor Messages

1. No worries mate I knew you were just making the comment in Jest. I just meant that the collective can enjoy being comfy before I upload 4 days of WUs lol

I'll suss it out eventually. I'm just disappointed that these plugs only lasted three weeks before they died!

I have wireless atm but the router/modem wont let me connect both Mac and windows at the same time.

Oh yeah I know what you mean with cables lol as I have cables going from my study all the way down the house to the HTPC etc nice green and blue ones! Problem is I need to put another cable across the whole house thru a door into the garage and across the garage to my redback rack!

Hopefully I can set up the wireless to the redbacks and then share the link!

Now that you come to say it I might put a question on WCG and see what everyone thinks.

emu
  2. Hi. I didn't mean to be unsympathetic. I just skimmed your post initially. I didn't realize you had a serious hardware issue untill I looked at it again. There are plenty of people who can help you with the router. I've set them up myself a few times so I'll help if I can. I've never used POE but have used some similar things and I'm pretty sure you can't have a surge suppressor between either transceiver and the wall outlet. So you would think they would make them a little more sturdy. But all it takes is one little power spike and it's fried. You'll probably be better off with wireless anyway. When I was in my apartment, I had the same problem and just ran wires along the baseboard and ceiling - a lot of wires. It always freaked people out and it looks like hell but I was never a closet geek.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2