Conversation Between karbonkid and gadjoo

3 Visitor Messages

1. Hi, Thank you for your answers.
    Indeed, I bought the nk124 motherboard on ebay from usa.
    Could you please tell me how can I check the BIOS changelog? and see about Shanghai.

My system is now ready. I have build it with an "Element Q" case from Thermaltake, a power supply was included
    but not enought powerful, so I use an hiper HPU4S350 one. The motherboard doesn't really fit the case (2cm taller).
    I filled the gap with scotch tape. not really very elegant but discrete

Greetings from France,
    Mounir.
  2. Ah, a fellow NK124 owner! I haven't got round to setting mine up yet, really busy with university at the moment. Planning to make a nice case for it when I get some time.
    It should be possible to overclock your B3. You can look at nTune from nVidia which should support the chipset. Also, you can write MSRs with PhenomMSRTweaker, but I don't know how well this works. If you're using Linux, you can use k10ctl to do the same thing. All of these tools can be found with a quick google.
    With regards to Shanghais, according to the BIOS changelog, you can use them, but I haven't tested it. Update to the latest BIOS if its not already installed (I can't remember whether 1.04 is the latest, but my board came with the latest one installed - did you buy it from ebay? If so, probably no need to update).

take care
  3. Hi,
    I've bought an NK124 arima board. Do you have an idea if it is possible to overclock the boards.
    My bios is rev. 1.04 and processors are opteron 2352 b3 stepping. Does the shanghai processors can
    be mount on the board? Thank you.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3