PDA

View Full Version : Abit NF7-S Rev 1.2 IS OUT!

Dissolved
02-17-2003, 03:58 PM
http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?cPath=181_220&products_id=866

Credit: Kato :toast:

$130.00 And Free Shipping.

/me orders

Edit:
This board Currently has been updated to...
-Vcore: 2.3V
-Vdlmn: 2.9V
-AGP: 1.8V
-VDD: 1.7V
-Has HSF Holes
-Orange PCB

c7775
02-17-2003, 04:05 PM
YUPPPIE !!! LETS ALL RUN AROUND NAKED IN THE STREETS AND CELEBRATE.. nah perhaps this would be a bit too much :eek: :slobber: :rolleyes:

muzz
02-17-2003, 04:12 PM
Guess they didn't implement the 3.2vdimm..........:(

Dissolved
02-17-2003, 04:22 PM
Should be a nice board, ive emailed newegg and gonna seel if they'll trade my 1.1 for a 1.2 :)

PCGenious
02-17-2003, 04:30 PM
damn just made a thread for this...sorry guys. :(

theonetheycall
02-17-2003, 05:44 PM
this sucks, I want a new board now :(
Too many NF2's out now :(

Dissolved
02-17-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by theonetheycall
this sucks, I want a new board now :(
Too many NF2's out now :(

yea i know the feeling, i just got my nf7 rev1.1 last week.

theonetheycall
02-17-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Dissolved
yea i know the feeling, i just got my nf7 rev1.1 last week.

Well that sucks..
I might be able to get one :)
My sis wants a new PC and I might pick that one :)

sequoia464
02-17-2003, 06:13 PM
...I'm getting ready to order a new board, was leaning towards a 8RDA+ now that it is official that KT400A sucks.

..I haven't really been following the NF7 story, although the first revision wasn't a great board. What makes this revision preferable to an Epox.. Thanks

gokickrocks
02-17-2003, 06:17 PM
everything seems to be the same except vcore

btw, excaliberpc says it has 1.7 vdd

Dissolved
02-17-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by sequoia464
...I'm getting ready to order a new board, was leaning towards a 8RDA+ now that it is official that KT400A sucks.

..I haven't really been following the NF7 story, although the first revision wasn't a great board. What makes this revision preferable to an Epox.. Thanks

Hm what sucked about the first one? hmm.. id doesnt suck man.

gokickrocks
02-17-2003, 06:29 PM
well...i went ahead and purchased the nf7s v1.2 anyways just to get a better vcore...damn me for having an account on file (newegg as well!)

theonetheycall
02-17-2003, 06:32 PM
Yeah they suck, they make it easier for you to waste money :(

sequoia464
02-17-2003, 06:34 PM
...I didn't say NF7 1st versions suck, that remark was meant for the little improved VIA KT400A chipset.

... According to the initial reviews that I looked at, the NF7 boards were generally liked, but if I remember correctly, other boards performed better. Didn't say NF7 sucked.

...Again, thanks for any info on the improvements in revision 1.2

winguy
02-17-2003, 06:48 PM
so vdd up to 2.0V or 1.7V as stated @ Excalibre?

Kato
02-17-2003, 06:53 PM
I think it stays at 1.7v VDD

* v1.2 Newly Arrived, with shiny Orange color PCB
* Guarantee with x4 CPU Heatsink mounting holes
* Vcore: 2.3V, Vdlmn: 2.9V, Vdd: 1.7V, AGP: 1.8V
* In Stock! Ship out today!

I was hoping for 3.2v Vdimm too:(

winguy
02-17-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Kato

* v1.2 Newly Arrived, with shiny Orange color PCB
* Guarantee with x4 CPU Heatsink mounting holes
* Vcore: 2.3V, Vdlmn: 2.9V, Vdd: 1.7V, AGP: 1.8V
* In Stock! Ship out today!

I was hoping for 3.2v Vdimm too:(

1.7V VDD ~ ???MHz FSB max

?

winguy
02-17-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Kato

Its a pity because EPOX 8RDA+ Rev2.0 can go up to 2V

Kato
02-17-2003, 07:22 PM
Really?:slobber:EPox have confirmed it?

Emericana
02-17-2003, 08:07 PM
they havnt said anythin but there was a thread here about someone with a 8rGa+ and that had 2.0vdd

with 1.7vdd you can do around 220FSB with good cooling on your northbridge. i can do 220fsb with my nf7 and a celeron heatsink epoxied on.

Wolf
02-17-2003, 10:06 PM
1.7vdd and 2.9mem :upset: :brick:

DuraN
02-18-2003, 02:35 AM
For Norwegian people, http://www.amraam.no will have the 1.2 in stock this week, i just made a deal to send in my rev 1.0 and swap it for 1.2 free of charge, and they pay the shipping cost :)

H¥percUbe
02-18-2003, 06:35 AM
Hi boyz,
do you thik this new rev of NF7-S is better than A7N8X-Deluxe with Vcore,Vdimm & VDD mod?

sequoia464
02-18-2003, 11:50 AM
along with an extra serillel adapter and 2-512 HyperX.. Should be a big change from where I am now.

I have ordered from Excaliber a couple of times before, great place from my experience. You can actually talk to someone if you need help.

IamAnoobieCheez
02-18-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by sequoia464
along with an extra serillel adapter and 2-512 HyperX.. Should be a big change from where I am now.

I have ordered from Excaliber a couple of times before, great place from my experience. You can actually talk to someone if you need help.
Do they do overnight shipping and do they ship it on the same day or next?

ntruax
02-18-2003, 01:50 PM
I emailed them at 9AM eastern and just got this reply about stock etc. I just hope I get the 2 I ordered at about 10AM (used a different email addy)

Dear customer,

We are very sorry that all our NF7-S v1.2 have been completed sold out.
As regard to Vdd, we did confirm it by ourselves on CMOS screen to read
it as only up to 1.7V. According to ABIT FAE, this should not really
matter that much than all the other voltages.

We will update our offer on our website once we get new supply coming
in.

Sorry for disappointing you by now.

gokickrocks
02-18-2003, 01:56 PM
good thing i picked 1 up yesterday

spaceboy
02-18-2003, 02:08 PM
V.dimm? :(:(

gokickrocks
02-18-2003, 02:09 PM
vdimm remains at 2.9v

Iolao
02-18-2003, 02:40 PM
maybe latest northbridge rev "a3" scales up better than earlier ones, that's why ***maybe*** only 1.7v

sequoia464
02-18-2003, 02:49 PM
IamaNoobiecheese ... they have all of the normal shipping options...

I got one of the last two that they had. It seems that they have a good relationship with Abit, so hopefully they will have more in soon.

TerroH8er
02-18-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by winguy
Its a pity because EPOX 8RDA+ Rev2.0 can go up to 2V

When will the Rev2.0 be out?

taco
02-18-2003, 09:20 PM
wow what happened? the voltages were suppose to be good, and this happens.. oi, thats all i got to say.

ntruax
02-18-2003, 10:52 PM
Just got another email stating that the boards have shipped :banana:

Even if they're not all that they're still better than these 1.0's.

They're not going to be here until the 25th though :rolleyes:

gokickrocks
02-19-2003, 01:28 AM
mines will arrive on thursday...getting everything prepped for vmodding

mdzcpa
02-19-2003, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by HÂ¥percUbe
Hi boyz,
do you thik this new rev of NF7-S is better than A7N8X-Deluxe with Vcore,Vdimm & VDD mod?

Yes...in my opinion. The Asus has a finicky BIOS and other quirks which make it a poor tweakers board. The Asus is better for just setting it up and leaving it alone.

Originally posted by TerroH8er
When will the Rev2.0 be out?

This rev 1.2 is what everyone has been waiting for. There will be no rev 2 unless Abit decides to change something else.

Originally posted by Iolao
maybe latest northbridge rev "a3" scales up better than earlier ones, that's why ***maybe*** only 1.7v

I have heard the same thing. Rumors seem to circulate around the issue of poor long term reliability with high chipset voltages. This is why Asus and other makers left off the adjustment altogether.

Originally posted by taco
wow what happened? the voltages were suppose to be good, and this happens.. oi, thats all i got to say.

Well the core voltage is just fine. The memory and chipset voltages are improved...but conservative....for a reason. Abit didn't waste time and money tweaking these options just to go half the distance. They went as far as their engineers felt they should go no doubt. If you check the forums, there are a good number of mobos which have died from too high of chipset voltage (modded boards). Although us extreme users understand that is the risk we take when we mod boards, most mobo makers do not want the much larger number of general enthusiasts killing there boards.

I say we wait and see what happens. I'm betting that Abit knows what they are doing here.

antipop
02-19-2003, 05:36 AM
The voltages have also to do with the chip used, the tbred needs far lower voltage than xp's, so the one that doesn't know it can blow up his chip if he doesn't have proper cooling

spaceboy
02-19-2003, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by taco

they did half the work !
vdimm 2.9 sucks arse to me , i only hope the vdimm mod will be the same as KX7

and VDD till 1.9v should be good !

i liked Abit mobos a lot but they aren't doing a good job from KD7 and on...

mdzcpa
02-19-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by spaceboy
i liked Abit mobos a lot but they aren't doing a good job from KD7 and on...

I beg to differ on this point. The KD7 series is by far the best overclocking mobo Abit has produced. HD corruption issues be damned, the ease of multiplier manipulation and voltage choice selection alone make the KD7 series a winner.

If you don't beleive me check out who said what on THIS (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=108721#post108721) thread. Many die hard extreme overclockers appreciate the KD7 series quite a bit.

As far as the new 1.2 NF7...sometimes poeples comments just amaze me. Many of you are judging the board based on it's raw voltage specs alone without having seen one lick actual performance data. Yes....higher voltage choices are nice....but they are not the end all in performance. I beleive having the latest chipset steppings and having the mobo tuned optimally is far more important than sheer voltage numbers. That's the stuff we can do little about. If we want more voltages we can mod the board.

Man....the OC community has gotten so spoiled in the last 2 years it's frightening.

DuraN
02-19-2003, 06:53 AM
Ditto. Voltages are not everything. I have up to 2.3v on this KD7-E, but i dont need more than 1.9v to run this 2100+ at 2400mhz.

spaceboy
02-19-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by mdzcpa

I beg to differ on this point. The KD7 series is by far the best overclocking mobo Abit has produced. HD corruption issues be damned, the ease of multiplier manipulation and voltage choice selection alone make the KD7 series a winner.

If you don't beleive me check out who said what on THIS (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=108721#post108721) thread. Many die hard extreme overclockers appreciate the KD7 series quite a bit.

As far as the new 1.2 NF7...sometimes poeples comments just amaze me. Many of you are judging the board based on it's raw voltage specs alone without having seen one lick actual performance data. Yes....higher voltage choices are nice....but they are not the end all in performance. I beleive having the latest chipset steppings and having the mobo tuned optimally is far more important than sheer voltage numbers. That's the stuff we can do little about. If we want more voltages we can mod the board.

Man....the OC community has gotten so spoiled in the last 2 years it's frightening.

many looked at KD7 for the higher voltage..
but the first rev had a lot of bug...at that time both OPP and MrIcee confirmed this , infact Abit had to reingeneree the mobo!

I tryed 8k9a2 and KD7 and Epox is far better : the same CPU oc better un Epox and i had it to 240 fsb!

Talking 'bout NF7 : OPP demonstrated that 8RDA+ is as fast as NF7 or even faster
NF7 1.2 isn'out yet.. so by now we can only talk about voltages... and i think high vdimm is very useful with a mobo that we manage to run at ver very high fsb (hadn't 3.2 vdimm kd7 btw?)
Another point : the bios for 1.2 is the same for 1.1 or 1.0 so i don's see how could it be faster

KX7 was a great mobo so i modded it to have higher voltages

my.. 3 cent..

;)

spaceboy
02-19-2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by DuraN
Ditto. Voltages are not everything. I have up to 2.3v on this KD7-E, but i dont need more than 1.9v to run this 2100+ at 2400mhz.

2.1v vcore and 3.1v vdimm would be way far better than 2.3 and 2.9 (2.85 real voltage?:rolleyes: )

c'mon guys!

Wolf
02-19-2003, 07:43 AM
If you check the forums, there are a good number of mobos which have died from too high of chipset voltage (modded boards).

Ok this is misleading. The only thing blowing up is the crap voltage regulators on the EPOS not the chipset. Yes, I admit Im spoiled and I expect decent voltage options. 2.9v on the memory is just too low and 1.7v on the chipset is disappointing. Oh well maybe someone else will want my money. I will need a new board for the R350 so I still have a while to wait before I retire my reliable 8k3a+. 2.15v cpu and 3v memory for over a year 200fsb no mods at all. Still under warranty. That is what I expect from any new boards also.

DuraN
02-19-2003, 07:49 AM
My opinion is that if you want voltages, then you mod your board. The mobo makers produce mobos for OEM's too, not enthiusiasts only. And if you view it from a different angle, the mobo makers dont HAVE to implement higher voltages, but they do it anyways to please the enthusiasts, and to be nice :) Thats something to think about, what would the situation be if the mobo makers did just what they had to do, nothing extra?

sequoia464
02-19-2003, 08:08 AM
...we'll all know soon enough if the boys from Abit did their homework, my board will be here tomorrow and quite a few should have them today. This weekend should show some results. Hopefully all the time Abit's engineers spent at MIT and CalTec wasn't just with a beer bong. I have faith in them personally.

...I'm personally not looking to the supreme overclock, for me the voltages look fine ( would maybe have liked a bit more for the chipset, but Abit allready spoke to this and seem to think that 1.7 is sufficient ). The rest might need to break out the soldering irons, it's part of the game.

spaceboy
02-19-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by DuraN
My opinion is that if you want voltages, then you mod your board. The mobo makers produce mobos for OEM's too, not enthiusiasts only. And if you view it from a different angle, the mobo makers dont HAVE to implement higher voltages, but they do it anyways to please the enthusiasts, and to be nice :) Thats something to think about, what would the situation be if the mobo makers did just what they had to do, nothing extra?

it has been 5 month i'm waiting fof NF7 : i trust in Abit don't you think?
Abit has done some superb mobos out there and i love 'em

till KX7 they implement normal voltages and we modded the mobo,but the mod where easy

Now from KD7 they changed the road.. implementing High voltages so no mods at all!
Why make a mobo like NF7 with some high voltages like v.core and not a high vdimm ? :this is what i'm telling

if u do the job , do it 100%

mdzcpa
02-19-2003, 11:42 AM
but the first rev had a lot of bug...at that time both OPP and MrIcee confirmed this , infact Abit had to reingeneree the mobo!

Umm...not sure what you are referring to. The KD7 has not undergone any major re engineering at all. The KD7-RAID mobo I used for my KD7 Motherboard Review at Liquid Ninjas (http://liquidninjas.com/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=24) which I completed last October was not plagued by any "bugs" at all and was an original version.

If you are referring to hard drive corruption issues at high fsb speeds, that indeed was an issue...one that I mentioned in my review. But to call HD corruption resulting from running the FSB far beyond it's specs a "bug" is very inaccurate.

I tryed 8k9a2 and KD7 and Epox is far better : the same CPU oc better un Epox and i had it to 240 fsb!

I suppose eeveryone judges which mobo is better than others in their own way. For me.. ..I go through a lot of equipment...literally dozens of boards evey few months. I do this for hardware review, for my own hobby, and for client builds. Therefore I identify some boards to better than others based on trends that I experience, or read about, based on many boards used. I do not base my opinion soley on a single experience with one board. Although the Epox is a good mobo too (based on sheer overclocking ability), there are a good number of other reasons not to like Epox too...such as quality and reliability issues which are often cited in the forums. In the end, I recommend boards which consistently perform well....not boards which can make great bansi runs but end up being a hit n miss proposition.

i think high vdimm is very useful with a mobo that we manage to run at ver very high fsb

Agreed....to a point. But as memory technology has moved along much faster than chipset support, this has become less of an issue. There is now already good memory out there than can run 217mhz at only 2.65v. Sticking 3.2v to the memory in order to achieve insane speeds (250mhz ?) that the memory controller cannot handle anyway is kinda pointless.

Another point : the bios for 1.2 is the same for 1.1 or 1.0 so i don's see how could it be faster

Who said it would be faster? Perhaps it isn't. However, it is quite possible that it might indeed be faster, or more stable, or more overclockable just due to the simple fact that Abit has spent more time working on the board design.

KX7 was a great mobo

I agree 100%. But based on numerous experiences with the KD7 boards, the KD7 series proved to be even better for me and my clients.

2.1v vcore and 3.1v vdimm would be way far better than 2.3 and 2.9 (2.85 real voltage?:rolleyes: )

This i find a bit confusing. How could a core voltage of 2.1v be better than the 2.3v offered on the NF7 v1.2?

As far as the Vdimm...yes...I would like higher choices. But i'm not going to condemn the board just yet for that fact. Again, there is already plenty of RAM which will run in the 200s just fine at 1.65v. So we'll have to see what happens here.

Now from KD7 they changed the road.. implementing High voltages so no mods at all!
Why make a mobo like NF7 with some high voltages like v.core and not a high vdimm ? :this is what i'm telling

if u do the job , do it 100%

Do you have any idea whatsoever engineering wise what it takes to do this? Do you really beleive that all they have to do to implement higher voltages is to just slap an extra part on and add a BIOS setting? C'mon...get real. If it was that easy they would do it. Let's have some common sense here.

To me it is rather obvious what is happening. The VIA chipset has remained essentially unchanged since the KT266. Sure there have been some southbridge features added, and some tweaks to the northbridge memory controller, but that's about it. By the time the KD7 came around, the chipset was very mature and implementation was well known.

Now comes NF2...a brand new chipset altogether. Applying what we know about voltages (and everything else) blindly to a new chipset is silly. We have no idea what engineering difficulties mobo makers are faced with, nor are we aware of what kind of restrictions Nvidia puts on them when they use the NF2.

Again, if Abit took the time to engineer the board a second time for improved overclockability, I doubt they left a bunch of performance just sitting untapped. They did what they did for a reason. Think about it.

Wow...what a post. I'm exhuasted:) Sorry for the rant. And I certainly mean no disrespect to anyone here. Just stating some opinion.

CCW
02-19-2003, 12:25 PM
http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?cPath=181_220&products_id=866

Credit: Kato :toast:

$130.00 And Free Shipping.

/me orders

Edit:
This board Currently has been updated to...
-Vcore: 2.3V
-Vdlmn: 2.9V
-AGP: 1.8V
-VDD: 1.7V
-Has HSF Holes
-Orange PCB

AND my favourite of the new features? The orange PCB of course! Makes all the difference!

Craig

Hallowed
02-19-2003, 12:35 PM
With improved cooling, those voltages look just fine.

Kinda odd, here we are 6 months ago §§§§§ing and whining to get a nice ocable version of the NF7-S. Abit never knew there would be demand for it, so they take a financial hit, re-engineer the board, and ship it out to us, FOR us.

Now some are whining again. Come on. :rolleyes: I'd hate to think that this board sells so poor that Abit decides not to release OC friendly versions from now on. :mad:

MrLavender
02-19-2003, 12:37 PM
Again, if Abit took the time to engineer the board a second time for improved overclockability, I doubt they left a bunch of performance just sitting untapped. They did what they did for a reason. Think about it.I do hope so, I've been waiting over 2 months for this new revision.

I must confess to being a bit disappointed myself when I first saw the voltage options. I'm sure that as you say there's a reason for it, but 2.3vcore 2.9vdimm looks like a strange balance - on one hand they're encouraging you to quickly kill any tbred cpu (2.3v!!!), on the other the memory voltage seems a bit conservative. Strange.

Still, I'll almost certainly be getting this board, but I think I'll wait to see a couple of reviews first...:)

OPPAINTER
02-19-2003, 12:52 PM
I think I'll get this board and test it stock first, no mods. Then I'll do a VDD mod and test it. Last but not least I'll do a mem mod if necessary , and I'm sure it will be necassary :D

OPP

Iolao
02-19-2003, 01:39 PM

Umm...not sure what you are referring to. The KD7 has not undergone any major re engineering at all. The KD7-RAID mobo I used for my KD7 Motherboard Review at Liquid Ninjas (http://liquidninjas.com/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=24) which I completed last October was not plagued by any "bugs" at all and was an original version.

If you are referring to hard drive corruption issues at high fsb speeds, that indeed was an issue...one that I mentioned in my review. But to call HD corruption resulting from running the FSB far beyond it's specs a "bug" is very inaccurate.

I suppose eeveryone judges which mobo is better than others in their own way. For me.. ..I go through a lot of equipment...literally dozens of boards evey few months. I do this for hardware review, for my own hobby, and for client builds. Therefore I identify some boards to better than others based on trends that I experience, or read about, based on many boards used. I do not base my opinion soley on a single experience with one board. Although the Epox is a good mobo too (based on sheer overclocking ability), there are a good number of other reasons not to like Epox too...such as quality and reliability issues which are often cited in the forums. In the end, I recommend boards which consistently perform well....not boards which can make great bansi runs but end up being a hit n miss proposition.

i think high vdimm is very useful with a mobo that we manage to run at ver very high fsb

Agreed....to a point. But as memory technology has moved along much faster than chipset support, this has become less of an issue. There is now already good memory out there than can run 217mhz at only 2.65v. Sticking 3.2v to the memory in order to achieve insane speeds (250mhz ?) that the memory controller cannot handle anyway is kinda pointless.

Who said it would be faster? Perhaps it isn't. However, it is quite possible that it might indeed be faster, or more stable, or more overclockable just due to the simple fact that Abit has spent more time working on the board design.

KX7 was a great mobo

I agree 100%. But based on numerous experiences with the KD7 boards, the KD7 series proved to be even better for me and my clients.

This i find a bit confusing. How could a core voltage of 2.1v be better than the 2.3v offered on the NF7 v1.2?

As far as the Vdimm...yes...I would like higher choices. But i'm not going to condemn the board just yet for that fact. Again, there is already plenty of RAM which will run in the 200s just fine at 1.65v. So we'll have to see what happens here.

Do you have any idea whatsoever engineering wise what it takes to do this? Do you really beleive that all they have to do to implement higher voltages is to just slap an extra part on and add a BIOS setting? C'mon...get real. If it was that easy they would do it. Let's have some common sense here.

To me it is rather obvious what is happening. The VIA chipset has remained essentially unchanged since the KT266. Sure there have been some southbridge features added, and some tweaks to the northbridge memory controller, but that's about it. By the time the KD7 came around, the chipset was very mature and implementation was well known.

Now comes NF2...a brand new chipset altogether. Applying what we know about voltages (and everything else) blindly to a new chipset is silly. We have no idea what engineering difficulties mobo makers are faced with, nor are we aware of what kind of restrictions Nvidia puts on them when they use the NF2.

Again, if Abit took the time to engineer the board a second time for improved overclockability, I doubt they left a bunch of performance just sitting untapped. They did what they did for a reason. Think about it.

Wow...what a post. I'm exhuasted:) Sorry for the rant. And I certainly mean no disrespect to anyone here. Just stating some opinion.

I can't see your point here. It seems to me including high voltage is not such an issue for a mobo maker, as chaintec has demonstrated. What makes me think is above all the fact that for every chipset out, there are more and more mobo revision from our favourite mobo builders (epox and abit), every time with somithing missing and probably justifying the buying of the next board. Can you remember epox 8k3a --> 8k5a and now 8rda+ and soon 8rda3+? And what about abit KX7 (which was almost perfect for the time) and KD7-E and now with nforce2... It seems to me the matter is not the difficulty to add alle the jingles and bells to the mobo, the point it's they don't want us to be completely happy with their product but quite happy to go on.... just wait for next release...

MrLavender
02-19-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by OPPAINTER
I think I'll get this board and test it stock first, no mods. Then I'll do a VDD mod and test it. Last but not least I'll do a mem mod if necessary , and I'm sure it will be necassary :D

OPP Heh, that's one review I'll definitely be waiting for! A comparision with your original NF7 would be great. :D

WxChaser
02-19-2003, 03:07 PM
Guys - where can I get ahold of one of the 1.2 revision NF7-S boards now? I want to order ASAP, but some of the resellers I've called can't guarantee what revision number they have or will send, therefore I won't buy from them in that regard. Googlegear had no idea what the hell I was talking about.

I've waited since before Comdex 2002 for this damned board...and I want it now. Just ask Harry from Abit how much I've bugged him, he should have just sent me one to shut me up by now. Anyway, if you guys know a reputable vendor or smaller reseller with a good reseller rating I can trust to get one like 2nd day air, would most appreciate it. I'm tired of waiting, my new 510W PSU from PC Power etc. is coming via UPS tomorrow.

I think I'm also going to try to pick up an Abit BH7 in a couple weeks fundage pending.

It's been hard waiting and nursing my KR7A-133R and other boxes along wanting to upgrade. So...now's the time.

Edit - called a few resellers, newegg, mwave & they won't guarantee a revision number on the board. It sucks living where there isn't computer shows or large computer retailers to find something like this. Probably could get the damned board faster in Europe than here in the central U.S.!

All suggestions appreciated...figured Tek Werkz just does mods and not mobos, but Eric is that right?

BrainStorm
02-19-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Iolao
It seems to me the matter is not the difficulty to add alle the jingles and bells to the mobo, the point it's they don't want us to be completely happy with their product but quite happy to go on.... just wait for next release...

Now there is something that rings true. If they made it perfect, nobody would upgrade to the next one that comes out!

BTW, it's just a motherboard we're debating, not world politics. Nice to have some passion about what you're doing folks, but it's not life or death. ;)

Malecky
02-19-2003, 03:25 PM
Just found out my friend has got the NF7 in orange in stock...but from last week!!

I'm not sure which revision it is so I am asking you this...if its orange...is it a Rev 1.2? I think not...

well I can still return the mobo if not satisfied...I take it home...test it and return it if needed...I dont even have to buy the thing...

this is the only great thing here in Slovenia... I know who imports these damn boards:toast:

now the only problem here is it costs 200$ ;)

Iolao
02-19-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by BrainStorm
Now there is something that rings true. If they made it perfect, nobody would upgrade to the next one that comes out!

BTW, it's just a motherboard we're debating, not world politics. Nice to have some passion about what you're doing folks, but it's not life or death. ;)

you're so right I cannot say but I love this stuff like life or death! :D

spaceboy
02-19-2003, 03:32 PM
as usual my friend Iolao said what i was thinking ;) (he understand me better than myself :D )

i think abit is the greatest.. so i wanna a perfect mobo from ABIT ;)

:toast:

Iolao
02-19-2003, 03:35 PM
as usual my friend Iolao said what i was thinking ;) (he understand me better than myself :D )

i think abit is the greatest.. so i wanna a perfect mobo from ABIT ;)

:toast:

I'm your word man! :D

Dissolved
02-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Can you guys PLEASE STOP fighting of pointless Things. Stay on topic. if you wanna talk about a Different Board, dont spam my thread with it. getting 30emailes, and come to read its nothing about the nf2 is sad..

NorthernYankee
02-19-2003, 03:59 PM
Can you guys PLEASE STOP fighting of pointless Things. Stay on topic. if you wanna talk about a Different Board, dont spam my thread with it. getting 30emailes, and come to read its nothing about the nf2 is sad..

Haha now that is funny...all threads drift m8 but its been pretty much on topic. Take a breather.

--NY

taco
02-19-2003, 05:10 PM
anyone get the board yet, or maybe a pic? not that it looks that much different from the 1.1

gokickrocks
02-19-2003, 07:35 PM
mine is coming in tomorrow...but i wont be putting it in till i vmod everything, for now i have the rev.1 board

Malecky
02-20-2003, 12:20 AM
I'm composing a email right now to find out if those orange boards are realy Ver 1.2..If so I might have one today or tomorrow.

Hope someone gets it soon...

DuraN
02-20-2003, 12:28 AM

Well what do you want to hear? That the rev 1.2 has 2.3vcore,2.9vdimm,1.7vdd and 1.8vagp and a shiny orange PCB? I think it is on topic to discuss the changes that Abit have done to the board,if they are sufficient and so on. And its the only thing we can do until people start getting some boards,which i expect they will today :)

And btw, every post that is longer than three lines in this thread has the word nforce2 or NF7 in it

(i have not counted, feel free to do so :D )

Ragnarok
02-20-2003, 12:46 AM
anyway, has anyone used a swiftech/alpha heatsink on it yet? I would like to know if it has any mounting problems - i.e. SMD components being too close to hole..

Prime187
02-20-2003, 12:49 AM
Does anyone know where i can order the Abit NF7-S rev 1.2?? Is this going to be the best Nforce2 board for overclocking?

winguy
02-20-2003, 03:31 AM
can someone post some pics of its box and board?:D

mdzcpa
02-20-2003, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Ragnarok
anyway, has anyone used a swiftech/alpha heatsink on it yet? I would like to know if it has any mounting problems - i.e. SMD components being too close to hole..

Originally posted by winguy
can someone post some pics of its box and board?:D

I'll know today when the board arrives.....as will others it seems. Checking out the mounting capability will be the first thing i look into. I'll post pics if no one else has by then:).

Ragnarok
02-20-2003, 04:43 AM
mega cheers!

Dissolved
02-20-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Prime187
Does anyone know where i can order the Abit NF7-S rev 1.2?? Is this going to be the best Nforce2 board for overclocking?

dude, read the first post. Wait till there back in stock. feb 25th i believe is the day.

emtp563
02-20-2003, 07:51 AM
Sorry guys, as of 2 days ago, ExcaliburPC had them in stock. I just checked and they are now out. Here is the link anyway: NF7-S guaranteed 1.2 revision (http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?cPath=156_222&products_id=866) I ordered mine Tuesday, but slow-ass UPS can't get it here until Monday :-(

mdzcpa
02-20-2003, 12:52 PM
Okay guys....you can see some initial pics of the v1.2 which arrived today HERE (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10074) . I'll have the Swiftech waterblock mounted and the board running shortly.

MrLavender
02-20-2003, 01:10 PM
Nice! :D

I'll be very interested to see how you think it compares to your KD7-E in terms of overclockability.

DuraN
02-20-2003, 01:10 PM
<--- Excited

ntruax
02-20-2003, 01:42 PM
Killer!!! I can't wait to get mine. :cool: