PDA

View Full Version : Water Cooling Rig

gobbo
02-17-2003, 11:36 AM
Hi, i'm new to water cooling so would like your advice on the following. I've picked all the bits out, and i was wondering if this would delivery enough cooling or if i'd be best with another rad.

Ehiem 1048 pump
OCPC Atlantis 3 waterblock
DangerDen Z3 NB block
120mm Black Ice Pro Rad
DangerDen res

This system will be based on 1/2" tubing and it'll be gonig to a 8RDA+ nb at about 1.85vdd and also through a 1700+ JIUHB 0302 @ ???? @ ???v It all depends how high it'll go ;)

So, will the single black ice pro be ok, or could i do with adding another rad as its going through NB too?? Also what would be the best way to connect it all up?

I'm thiknig connection wias to go:
Res-->Pump-->Rad-->CPU-->NB-->Res

Any advice suggests etc would be greatly appreciated!

KnightElite
02-17-2003, 07:13 PM
I would recommend getting a Heatercore, something about the same size as the one that DTek sells. You can get a Chevette Heatercore relatively cheap at most autoparts places, and it will outperform the BIP by a pretty fair margin just because it is bigger. If space is a major concern, then use the Black Ice Xtreme, rather than the Black Ice Pro, since it has twice the surface area because it is twice as thick.

I've never actually heard of the Atlantis block, so I can't give any recommendation on that, other than to say that I am extremely satisfied with my Swiftech stuff. I'd probably connect my setup in more or less the same order you are, so that's cool.

Have fun with watercooling, and don't get your hardware overly wet ;).

Marci
02-19-2003, 07:27 AM
Gobbo... got the ThermoChill units in... they should match performance of the Extreme...

Atlantis is yer usual Copper block with spiral cut into it and lucite top whapped on top.... Gettin hold of the DTek rads etc in the UK isn't easy... I managed to pick one up off a guy at a LAN who actually GAVE me it, but that's been sold on now... I'm usin the TC-HE120.3 at the mo.

Order looks fine to me...

gobbo
02-19-2003, 07:44 AM
Like the look of the 2x120mm TC rad, might have to invest in one to go on the top of my case and mount my Extreme on the back of the case :D

Maybe i could add a GFX cooler aswell with 3x120mm rads :confused:

Marci
02-19-2003, 09:33 AM
Should be able to... I run all 3 with pelt on the CPU on one 3x120 rad...

Failing that, I do have a Transit MkI Heatercore, about 3ft H x 2ft W x 6" D, takes 1x 16" 240v fan, and 1.5" ID Tubing....

gobbo
02-19-2003, 09:45 AM
I think i'll jsut stick with the NB and CPU for the time being. I'll be at the next TFF LAN so you can give me some pointers then :D