PDA

View Full Version : Planning to buy a New Car

IamAnoobieCheez
05-10-2006, 11:53 AM
hi boyz and galz,

I'm planning to buy a new car in about 8 months. Will be saving up about 9 grand for a down payment. I live in the states. My budget is upto $36,000... but I'm having trouble deciding what car to go with. My current vehicle is Infiniti G20 1995 5spd. I want good handling and stiff ride, like my G20 provides. Any IDEAS plizz....

If you take brand new Infiniti G35 6spd, Acura TL(stick), Pontiac GTO(400hp) in the race track that has a lot of curves and hair pins, which one will come to the finish line first?

Input please...

amd4me
05-10-2006, 12:03 PM
The GTO would win.
You should look into a Corvette or an M-Roadster.

Soulburner
05-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Are you looking for "new" or just "new to you"?

If brand new, Corvette is out of your price range. If not look into a 1997-2004 C5. Excellent all around performing car.

Smaller cars, look at the Sky or Solstice. Larger cars GTO, Charger (though between the two I would go with the GTO - plus the interior is awesome).

IamAnoobieCheez
05-10-2006, 01:42 PM
The GTO would win.
You should look into a Corvette or an M-Roadster.
I think the G35 coupe will win. I've seen the review of Pontiac GTO 400hp and it's just powerful but has poor handling and soft suspension.. and the G35 coup 5spd is only 0.1 sec slower in 0-60 and 0.2 sec slower in quarter mile... but in the curves and hair pin errmmm.....

IamAnoobieCheez
05-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Are you looking for "new" or just "new to you"?

If brand new, Corvette is out of your price range. If not look into a 1997-2004 C5. Excellent all around performing car.

Smaller cars, look at the Sky or Solstice. Larger cars GTO, Charger (though between the two I would go with the GTO - plus the interior is awesome).
yea.. Corvette is out of my price range.. When you say Sky, you mean the Nissan Skyline?? I haven't thought about that.. Thanks for reminding :D

I also love the performance of Subaru WRx STi which is in my range but it's ugly as hell... :(

What about Acura NSX??? I love the styling and always wanted to have it.. but wayyyy more expensive. Can this car be had for $35 grand used?

Soulburner
05-10-2006, 03:33 PM
No, this Sky:
http://www.saturn.com/saturn/vehicles/futurevehicles/sky_hi/index.jsp

Very similar to the Pontiac Solstice.

breakfromyou
05-10-2006, 10:27 PM
go with the infinity g35, get a black coupe with leather and the 6speed tranny.

the GTO doesnt handle very well. and of course its american...id be worried about it breaking down on me.

Soulburner
05-11-2006, 12:58 AM
the GTO doesnt handle very well. and of course its american...id be worried about it breaking down on me.
:slap:

Carlz0r
05-11-2006, 05:42 AM
I agree with that. We (our school band) were doing a car wash/bbq at the local GM dealer to raise money and I got to give a GTO a test ride. The interior is amazing and I'd imagine the power is amazing too. It made me sad because I can't afford one :(