PDA

View Full Version : UK or EU car fans!! Do me a favor PLZ!

charlie
05-09-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm wanting these wheels for my Cayenne that are NOT available in the US...

they are Mille Miglia Forged Max F.....

22" pricing?

Can anyone check some sites to see if they're avail over THERE? And maybe I could figure out a way to get them here... hell! If I could get them in the UK, I'd fly to London on SALE and bring 'em back with me, lol.... but I do notice that UK prices for car stuff is REALLY high compared to here.

or how about a oz racing Giotto III or a Palladio S/T???? All unavailable here!!

MaxxxRacer
05-09-2006, 11:10 PM
oh come on man.. dont get 22's.. thats just stupid (hurts 0-60, top speed, braking and handling).. Should have saved the money and got the Turbo.. or atleast the S.

Soulburner
05-10-2006, 12:50 AM
And mileage too...but he obviously wants them for looks.

MaxxxRacer
05-10-2006, 01:12 AM
And mileage too...but he obviously wants them for looks.

ahh forgot that one. 22"... its really a catch 22.. who cares what it looks like so long as it goes fast.

If soemone said I could have an Aston Martin, so long as it had the power puff girls clearly painted on the sides of it, I wouldnt mind... Just as long as it didnt have it on the seats or steering wheel.. lol.

charlie
05-10-2006, 05:01 AM
maxxi... you obviously have a Cayenne confused with an Escalade, lol...

THIS is what a Cayenne looks like with 22's and springs... care to take back that comment?
Oh and pulling in nearly 20mpg with my Peppa V6, I'm quite happy. And I can spend the extra $$ every month on Conroe, lol
Oh and btw, the MM Forged Max F 22" weighs 10 pounds LESS than the factory alloy... my handling and response will be IMPROVED.
What were you thinking I would do? FOOZE ALLOYS or DUBS or some slab of chrome, lol??

JasonDTM
05-10-2006, 05:05 AM
Start calling UK distrubutors for those companies. Could also checkout rennlist.org to see if anyone there knows where to get those wheels.

charlie
05-10-2006, 05:10 AM
ahh forgot that one. 22"... its really a catch 22.. who cares what it looks like so long as it goes fast.

If soemone said I could have an Aston Martin, so long as it had the power puff girls clearly painted on the sides of it, I wouldnt mind... Just as long as it didnt have it on the seats or steering wheel.. lol.

Lol... when I was 18 years old I had a primer black V8-Vega with a small block Chevy that went 12's... a few years before my 10 sec Mustang :slobber: I've had my go-fast cars :D

Rippthrough
05-10-2006, 05:38 AM
I've tried loads of places for you, but as they are so large and uncommon they are special order only, hence they can only give a price per individually ordered set, which can vary from week to week.

charlie
05-10-2006, 05:44 AM
I've tried loads of places for you, but as they are so large and uncommon they are special order only, hence they can only give a price per individually ordered set, which can vary from week to week.

can you give me the name of a dealer who CAN order them? thx! I'll just email or call.
Oh here's a pic of them from a dealer who can't get them, lol!

JasonDTM
05-10-2006, 06:09 AM
^^^ Checkout rennlist. :(

\Karting_freak
05-10-2006, 06:53 AM
charlie
check out sportec parts. they have nearly simillar ones. not chromed tho
google for the company. its swiss

charlie
05-10-2006, 07:10 AM
charlie
check out sportec parts. they have nearly simillar ones. not chromed tho
google for the company. its swiss

hey good call... molodyets!

$1800 each though...

MaxxxRacer
05-10-2006, 08:25 AM
Charlie, those 22" you showed there do look nice I will admit. and considering they are 3 piece wheels they dam well better weigh less than the stock ones.. 22" 3 piecers will run into the nosebleed section on pricing though. I've seen 18" 3 piece wheels in the 2k range (per wheel).

And which ones are you looking for? the ones in the picture u showed or the th ones further down?

Will the OD of the tire still be the same with the 22"s?

In any case, IMHO, 18's would be as big as I would go. I would just slam the Cayenne to the ground (its looks goofy as hell when its not) with some high rate springs and koni's/bilstein/tokiko (take ur pick).

Oh, one last thing, how much do those wheels weigh?

P.S. 67/68 Camaro FTW.

charlie
05-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Maxx,

The factory Cayenne 20" Sport Techno is 31lbs with a 35lb. Michelin Diamari tire.

The 3pc 22" MM Forged Max F wheels weighs in 11kg, 24lbs... and a 295/30-22 is 32 pounds...

So as long as you keep under 66 pounds per wheel, you're better than stock. Now it's agreed that for MAX handling on the Cayenne, the 20" is the way to go... but the 22" looks SOOOOO nice.

However I AM worried about clipping a curb pulling into a driveway or something... it's a thin sidewall.

Rippthrough
05-10-2006, 11:28 AM
Maxx,

The factory Cayenne 20" Sport Techno is 31lbs with a 35lb. Michelin Diamari tire.

The 3pc 22" MM Forged Max F wheels weighs in 11kg, 24lbs... and a 295/30-22 is 32 pounds...

So as long as you keep under 66 pounds per wheel, you're better than stock. Now it's agreed that for MAX handling on the Cayenne, the 20" is the way to go... but the 22" looks SOOOOO nice.

However I AM worried about clipping a curb pulling into a driveway or something... it's a thin sidewall.

To be honest, you don't exactly buy a Cayenne for it's handling anyway.
Of the two shops that said they could probably get them for you (Motosave + ATS), niether say they would be prepared to commit without you being stood at the counter handing over a hefty deposit.

MaxxxRacer
05-10-2006, 01:36 PM
wow... 66lbs... Pretty painful. 24lbs for a 22" is pretty good. One thing you might have to worry bout with the 30 sidewall is potholes.. I had a friend who hit a bump on his G35 with 30 sidewall tires/rims and it totaly trashed his rims.

Maxx,