PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Has your oppinion changed in regards to consoles?

OmegaMerc
05-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Okay, E3 "main" confrences are done (MS,Sony,Nintendo). Has your views for any of the systems/companies changed at all since viewing the E3 footage/information? If so please specify through the POLL -

HiJon89
05-09-2006, 06:21 PM
PS3 priced far too high for me and the Xbox 360 doesn't appeal to me so the only one I might buy is the Wii, but even that's a very small possiblity. Any game I want to play with good graphics I play on the PC, and any game that doesn't work well with mouse/keyboard has already been made for a console I own (Xbox, GameCube, Dreamcast, etc.) so I really don't feel the need to buy one of the new consoles.

zentrad
05-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Still waiting for:
1. Killers app (FF,MGS,DW,RTK)
2. REASONABLE price/price drops
3. Recovery of My savings, after OPTE(MOR)RON, lcd/TFT hype

Before making a purchse

FYI i get my ps, ps2, and GBA roughly 1-2 years after US release, after killer app (ff, MGS 2, and boktai) appears

perkam
05-10-2006, 06:41 AM
Prolly getting a Wii, but not until I have both Never Winter Nights 2 and Dark Messiah on my game rack.

Plus I happen to know that the Wii didn't cost Nintendo more than $149 to product, and $149 has a decent markup on it already.

Perkam

OmegaMerc
05-10-2006, 07:50 AM
Prolly getting a Wii, but not until I have both Never Winter Nights 2 and Dark Messiah on my game rack.

Plus I happen to know that the Wii didn't cost Nintendo more than $149 to product, and $149 has a decent markup on it already.

Perkam

I agree, im also jumping the Wii bandwagon. To produce a console at 150$ is cheap these days, I'd say they probably will bump it between 250-300$, they probably won't lose as much money, its been true and tried when making new consoles that every console you sell is lost revenues.

sabrewolf732
05-10-2006, 08:02 AM
The original gc only cost them around $50 to produce at launch, nintendo actually makes profits with their consoles.

[XC] MarioMaster
05-10-2006, 10:20 AM
i am getting the Wii (but only because my dad promised me the next gen nintendo system as an excuse to not buy the gamecube) although i think i will just call it the revolution

ferrari_freak
05-10-2006, 03:28 PM
I was going to get and Xbox 360, but the pricing and potential of the Wii controller is really making me think this over. PS3 is a no no of course because that price is just aweful :eek:

Usama aka Ferrari Freak

Super strokey
05-14-2006, 05:34 AM
Ive already preordered my Wii about 4 months ago, might a 360 though as the h3 looks pretty like it could be good and might get rid of the bad taste h2 left in my mouth...

NickS
05-14-2006, 07:04 AM
I'm really looking forward to the PlayStation 3. I've also heard that you can connect your PSP to it too, so that'd be cool to since I already have a PSP.

Nick

Lestat
05-14-2006, 02:39 PM
i have the 360 and there has yet to be a game that wow'd me.

Capcom's lost planet is definately a winner but wow factor im not seeing anything next gen..

right now my 360 is nearly up for sale becasue im tired of seeing nothing but videos on it.. and their entire summer blockbuster list what few there were has been moved to November to counter the PS3 release which means they never had anything planned for then to begin with.
there are a few really nice looking games coming in august but the next few months are crap. and the games with the exception of 2 maybe after that are crap..

this entire week of free live has been a joke. we got 3 demo's when we were told we would be flooded with demo's and the only demo that was worth a :banana::banana::banana::banana: was Lost planet. We were not infact flooded with DEMO's we were flooded with demo VIDEO's!! they expect videos to make someone go buy a 360 ? videos of highly incomplete games ?

we were also told Street Fighter II for Xbox Live Arcade was gunna be here and never got it.

MS has done absolutely nothing to impress me and many other gamers with their less than spectacular list of games thus far.
Graw has been the only game to really show anything. Oblivion is a joke with terrible slowdown and studdering issue becasue the game is alwayyyssss loading.

as for the PS3... way too much and these console desiners need to realise that being a console is what they are,, they are not a total entertainment center. they are a game console.
the processing power required to run a game at 1080p is insane and i dare the PS3 to make a game so playable @ 1080p that its not suffering badly.

no matter what console your looking at there are still massive issues which just kill me.. Alaising is STILL a MAJOR issue with both consoles.
you can hide the alaising alot by simply using the bloom effect (the fuzzy blurry look of games like Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 and Graw and several others. but when those games dont utilize that the alaising is there and very noticeable. this is nto acceptable from A N Y quote unquote NextGen console.
the PS3 will be nice thats for sure but until the price point is brought to a reasonable level.. their sales are going to suffer.

the Wii.... this is Nintendo's last chance at making a console i think before they take the road that Sega took.
The gamecube had alot of potential,, alot.. enough to mop the floor with the xbox if nintendo could have gotten off of their we make games for 10 year old kids. idiology.

this whole controller thing with the Wii is neat.. but confusing. and if anyone ever tried playing Virtual On on the dreamcast with both controllers.. you know how utterly wacko it is to use two controllers. and that was only the stick movement,, not counting buttons and other things.

i truly believe this will be nintendo's last console, and after a year im quite sure Nintendo will start rearing back into the mario cave and rethinking its approach to the gaming business.
the Wii is doomed to fail.. and fail in such a way that will make the consumer think Nintendo has become truly mental in its old age.

i love console,, there are just way too many good games to be had and way too many games that were meant for a console.
but nothign has changed... nothing.. the games the gameplay the game style everything is stil the same.. ther eis ZERO innovation in any of the current past or upcoming games or consoles.

the exception being the EyeToy (which was nothing more than a major joke meant for 5 year old kids )
the Wii controller is the only thing i have seen yet,, and for a very very long time that made me think there were still designers in the game business who were thinking of the future.. and finally taking a leap into the world of motion sensative virtual reality. and that type of thing.

im very frustrated at the current state of the console world and frankly i see nothing up and coming which will make me change my mind.

and no matter what the console makers think.. until they start letting mice and keybaords into the games.... the console market is going to suffer.

eBoy0
05-14-2006, 02:41 PM
One game, Metal Gear Solid 4!

OmegaMerc
05-14-2006, 08:26 PM
One game, Metal Gear Solid 4!

1000$ for one game justify's you spending that much money? You must be rich, can you buy me one too?

[XC] MarioMaster
05-15-2006, 10:13 AM
Ive already preordered my Wii about 4 months ago, might a 360 though as the h3 looks pretty like it could be good and might get rid of the bad taste h2 left in my mouth...

how'd you preorder one? i want mine on preorder....

eBoy0
05-15-2006, 10:56 AM
1000$ for one game justify's you spending that much money? You must be rich, can you buy me one too?

Hehehe, if the burn your own game works on the p3, or if you can emulate of its HDD, then i'll buy the ps3.;)

Kobalt
05-15-2006, 11:39 AM
I want a Wii Wii.

[XC] leviathan18
05-15-2006, 05:18 PM
y34h wii wii wii

Magnj
05-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Voted for sticking with Wii, but also going for DS:L.

afireinside
05-16-2006, 10:32 AM
Still no good 360 games, ps3 is way to expensive, and wii looks boring. Not getting any.

ahmad
05-16-2006, 10:51 AM
Still no good 360 games, ps3 is way to expensive, and wii looks boring. Not getting any.

No good games for the 360? Forgot GRAW?

And no, it sucks on the PC because of the no-AA deal.

afireinside
05-16-2006, 10:56 AM
1: I hate GRAW
2: If I could play an FPS with a mouse and keyboard why would I use a controller? Gameplay>graphics
3: no AA doesn't bother me. Kills frame rate anyway.

Richie P
06-04-2006, 06:42 PM
I completely ag-wii :D

Nintendo pulled something special out of the bag at E3, capiltalising on the PS3's extortionately high price and the 360's un-innovation. The name and controller have generated so much talk and interest that now they've announced that they're gonna aim for a sub $250 price on release day - i think everyone's thought, yeah why not?!

If you're looking for more of a media centre then you'll already have bought a 360 and will be buying a HD-DVD drive for it (Stupid idea IMO) or you'll have been waiting for a PS3 for long enough that you've saved nearly twice as much as you needed and will be buying it on launch day.

I for one will probably have a Wii this year and capitalise on the price drops on the PS3 next year...believe me, the price will come thundering down. It's only that high at the mo because of the R&D they had to put into the cell processor and the blu-ray drive. £100 off the PS3 by Easter I say :D

wildcard
06-05-2006, 07:48 AM
Yes, my opinion has changed.. I was thinking of the XBOX360 but the Wii will have support for legacy NES and SNES games! I can say bye bye to those emulators and play them the way they were meant to be played (on a console).

DarkOrigin
06-22-2006, 12:59 AM
Already have the X360 which, honestly, I bought specifically for Dead Rising (yes, I'm an old-school zombie freak)... though there are a couple of other games I'm greatly looking forward to for the console.

There are a few things that made me consider the PS3 as well, but for the price, specifically, there's no way... it's ridiculous.

I'm primarily a PC gamer and just finished a high-end system recently, though I've also been a console gamer since back in the day of the first. Maybe if Sony wasn't so insanely arrogant to charge so much for the PS3, I'd pick it up as well, but as far as consoles go for now, I'll stick with the X360... and my zombies :D

p360stick
06-26-2006, 01:15 AM
undecided, wait and c who is better

Eric1987
07-07-2006, 07:15 AM
I dont see any point to getting a console my computer can do 10x more then any console can...

Metroid
07-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Yes, my opinion has changed.. I was thinking of the XBOX360 but the Wii will have support for legacy NES and SNES games! I can say bye bye to those emulators and play them the way they were meant to be played (on a console).

I agree with you the Wii will be the best console priced and qualities ever created.

I look forward to get that in the launch day :)

adamant415
07-08-2006, 11:48 AM
I will buy a wii and consider buying a ps3 when the price drops to a reasonable level. I don't see much need to get a 360 since most pc and 360 games will be ported back and forth.

Zardokk
07-08-2006, 06:40 PM
MIGHT get a Wii...maybe a PS3 a few years after launch when the price goes down to a reasonable point where I can actually afford it.

SoF
07-09-2006, 02:03 AM
I think whatever they'll bring in the console market - I won't ever get something like ps2, 360 or whatever...
reasons: maybe there are few funny games (e.g. burnout) but it is worth to buy a console for 1-2 good games? anyway not upgradable, not clockable, no need for c² - can't see how I personally could have some fun with it -.- :D

Fr3ak
07-11-2006, 01:09 AM
I didnt read anything yet, but i 'd like to share my poinion anyway.
I am getting a Nintendo Wii. Not because of its next generation graphics (which it doesnt have). The main reason I am buying it is because of the new method to control the games. They become much more interactive with the new Wii controller. That alone is more fun than next generation graphics.
Originally I was gonna buy a PS3. But after they copied a lot of things from Nintendo (for example their motion sensor in the controller) and other companies.
Of course they are not upgradable, which might be bad, but its also good on the other hand. That way you can be sure to buy a game, insert it and play it without fps issues or other problems.
Furthermore it is quite funny to play with 3 of your mates and have a beer or two sitting on the couch instead of sitting on a chair and playing PC games.
I pretty much bought a Nintendo DS for the same reasons. Games are cheap for it compared to PSP games. Graphics are a lot worse, but playing them together with a few mates using only one cardrigde and Wifi is priceless. There are some funny games that need the inbuild mic and touchscreen.