PDA

View Full Version : Did my Radeon 8500le Die? :(

ak_47_boy
05-08-2006, 03:52 PM
I booted up today and it was fine untill the xp welcome screen then my computer restarted. When it started back up the screen had lines running down it and everthing was all destorted ect. I had it pencil moded from 230/230 to 308/304. Did it die??? Would flashing the bios help fix maby? Where can i find a bios(alredy looked).
thanks

alexio
05-08-2006, 03:54 PM
http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/

It's probably dead, but you could try to remove the pencil mod and flash the stock bios at it.

If it's dead, I'm sorry about this great loss :rolleyes:

ak_47_boy
05-08-2006, 04:29 PM
i can barly read the screen when i tryed to flash my bios, i downloaded atiflash and it says "adapter not found"... what should i do? i have a pci (not express) card but the agp defaults so i cant have both in at the same time... everthing is in japanese,, literaly

alexio
05-08-2006, 04:36 PM
i can barly read the screen when i tryed to flash my bios, i downloaded atiflash and it says "adapter not found"... what should i do? i have a pci (not express) card but the agp defaults so i cant have both in at the same time... everthing is in japanese,, literaly

There are guides at the internet to boot from a floppy. If you don't have a floppy I'll make a small guide for you to boot from an USB-stick. And btw booting with a pci-card is something you can do, but you can only flash the agp-card in dos when you do this.

There should be an option in your bios to set PCI as default, but flashing blind or with major artifacts isn't too hard either. I can imagine the artifacts the card gives are already a lot less in dos, because there or fewer visuals and the clocks are really low when the card is running without a driver.

ak_47_boy
05-08-2006, 04:51 PM
which program should i run off the floppy, atiflash?

alexio
05-08-2006, 05:12 PM
which program should i run off the floppy, atiflash?

Yes, google 'atiflash' for a guide. It's really easy to make a bootable floppy for flashing the card.