PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys bargain down prices?

johnanderson
05-03-2006, 09:58 PM
just wondering since i might be getting a new car at the end of summer and i dont want to be taken in. is the best method to research and use your knowledge or to fake you dont know anything about cars? this is probably going to be a used car btw.

Rippthrough
05-04-2006, 06:27 AM
Have a look around to get the going rate for the car, and haggle it down to that. ("Well I've seen a couple of others around here for £XXXXX :slap: )
Then I find as many little faults with it as possible (Owners clubs are great for this) and mentions the cost of labour to put them all right etc....:stick:

Then make sure you get a full tank of fuel and some free accesories :D

hixie
05-04-2006, 06:33 AM
Just point to a place where the colour is different and/or loads of micro scratches. Then say, that not acceptable and will cost me X amount of money to respray the whole car. Thats how i managed to bargain a fair amount off, for quite alot of my friends. :D

Tip: Panel gaps are quite good places to spot different shades in colour. Sometimes people crash the front bumper and only have that resprayed. The shade of colour will be different from the rest of the car.
You could even say that cause the colour is different it's very likey that the car has been crashed and you have no idea if the cassis/engine/drivetrain/whatever is in good condition.

What car is it BTW?

Celeron Gamer
05-04-2006, 01:20 PM
just wondering since i might be getting a new car at the end of summer and i dont want to be taken in. is the best method to research and use your knowledge or to fake you dont know anything about cars? this is probably going to be a used car btw.

Is it new or old then? If it's new you need to prepare to take a lot of crap, and leave the dealership undecided often.

If it's a old car, then just critize the crap out of the car

amd4me
05-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Pull out your .45 and lay it on the counter.
Serious though.
There are bargaining techniques and guides that can be found online.

automagic
05-26-2006, 02:07 PM
You might be able to make an issue on how many miles are on the vehicle