PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had any experience in a Yugo?

Celeron Gamer
05-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Talking to someone, that question popped into my mind. Is a Yugo capable of American roads?

Not that I would want to, but I heard some people plan to import foreign Yugos for some odd reason.:confused:

Like this:

http://www.inet.hr/~bpauric/eindex.htm

Absolute_0
05-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Lights, license plate, left and right blinker, capable of going 60+ Mph are what loosely seem to qualify a vehicle for american roads in my mind.

reg_pfj
05-05-2006, 12:12 PM
You ever see the old 1987 movie Dragnet with Dan Akroyd and Tom Hanks? They drove around in a Yugo in that. So, they've been here before.

fatfreepork
05-05-2006, 04:37 PM
the Yugo's handling is best described as "theoretical"

[ZIZI]
05-10-2006, 07:20 AM
lol i have experience with a yugo...here in slovenia though :D (former yugoslavija)

When i was younger (14-16) we would buy them to drive them in the woods, the usual price was around 15-40k tollars which equals roughly 75-200 dollars (dont hold me on it, i just got home from the university so no math for me). Really fun when your a kid, however...its like driving a tin can with toothpicks for tie-rods and a suspension thats like driving on 4 clicker-pens...

Pretty fun little cars though...

[ZIZI]

Rukee
05-22-2006, 03:12 AM
You know why the new Yugo has rear window defrost don`t you??

To keep your hands warm as you push it home. :slap: :p:

jaguarking11
05-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Ive been in a yougo before. 60mph is overshooting it. The one I rode toped out at 80km/h.

And the 4 clicker pens statement is true. The suspension squeeks and the engine weezes.

Those cars are not fit to be gocarts.

wdrzal
05-24-2006, 12:08 AM
there where importanted in the 70's or early 80'sIIRC ,my neighbor had one, at least he lived 4 houses away so i didn't have to look at it every day. basicly a tin can ,4 wheels and a motor, I think seats are a upgrade from milk crates.

Edison Starfire
05-24-2006, 05:56 AM
New 4 door Yugo is called a Wego...... ;)

amd4me
05-24-2006, 12:01 PM
lol.
I have actually driven a Yugo.
And they arent that bad.
They handle very much like a Toyota Echo.
And my friend has never had problems with his.

charlie
05-25-2006, 09:03 AM
never had any XPERIENCES in a YUGO... but there was this blonde in an AMC Gremlin when I was 18.

:bananal:

zakelwe
05-25-2006, 10:31 AM
never had any XPERIENCES in a YUGO... but there was this blonde in an AMC Gremlin when I was 18.

:bananal:

When 18 I once got all the windows steamy in a Mini Metro 1.1L in Watford NCP multistorey car park with a 20 year old girl. She was so experienced she made me XXXXXXXXX and I was so ashamed we drove back soon afterwards with her totally unsatisfied.

She is now my wife of 16 years and I have learnt a bit of self control.

True story.

Regards

Andy

[ZIZI]
05-25-2006, 11:31 AM
When 18 I once got all the windows steamy in a Mini Metro 1.1L in Watford NCP multistorey car park with a 20 year old girl. She was so experienced she made me XXXXXXXXX and I was so ashamed we drove back soon afterwards with her totally unsatisfied.

She is now my wife of 16 years and I have learnt a bit of self control.

True story.

Regards

Andy

Funny what a response a Yugo thread got out of you ;) :D

Psychologists would love reading these forums:p:

However the yugo in itself in as unreliable as people have made it, apart from it being a tin can/ with a pretty theoratical stance on the road, it can be loads of fun for kids here in the balkans...they can be bought for insanely low prices and work really well as a make shift rally car for over energetic teens...we crashed quite a few...(we wore helmets of course)...great fun will always have memories of em...

[ZIZI]