PDA

View Full Version : Interesting read...

Crazymofo
02-14-2003, 10:12 PM
It may be from THG but this guy really makes a good point!!
http://www.tomshardware.com/column/20030214/index.html

I really like (or hate) what he says about the gaming industry... the future of the PC is very bleak and that really sucks!

STEvil
02-14-2003, 10:56 PM
Personally, I think the guys a tard.

Hes got his point, but he doesnt realize we are all still out here.. just in more defined groups. The [H] got hit with that pretty hard..

The problem I find is that all the newbs go to the first and easiest place they find. Anyone with some experience or time finds themselves at Xtreme, or other places the newbs dont know about. While this isnt all bad, the people with knowledge dont teach the newbs anything..

I myself only found the X a while ago..

Probably shouldnt say much more.. im gonna get into rant mode 8-/

I'll just go hang out on a furry IRC channel some more.. lol 8-)

EDIT

Ok.. thats boring.. though there was some decent art...

The guy is just trying to stir up some debate is what it seems to me..

The first rule about press releases, road maps, and stuff comming from the mouths of people like Brian Burke or anyone who claims to be in the know is to not believe them.

The second rule is to sit and wait for reality.

antipop
03-07-2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by STEvil
Personally, I think the guys a tard.

While this isnt all bad, the people with knowledge dont teach the newbs anything..
I agree on the fact that he's a tard, nut people with knowledge always teach something to the newb, we all started as a newb!
That guy thinks he's smart but we already know all that he said (we know that the budget and mid segment market is the more important, it's were you win the money) and his explanations are §§§§ty

CCW
03-10-2003, 09:44 AM
who? Tom? is that his real name?

Craig

antipop
03-10-2003, 10:25 AM
The guy who wrote the article, his name is Omid Rahmat

CCW
03-10-2003, 10:04 PM
Thanks,

Craig

CCW
03-10-2003, 11:41 PM
"Valentine's Day Special: Love Hurts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Created:
February 14, 2003
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By:
Omid Rahmat
Category:
Columns

Summary:
Freaks, geeks, and fanboys need love, too. Yet, they're having their hearts broken by the very ones they most adore. Why does love have to be so cruel, AMD? Why does it hurt so much, NVIDIA? Even your more respected enthusiast sites are burying their heads in the sand, and pining for days of yore. Does anyone realize that it's 2003?! Shouldn't enthusiasts adapt to the changing times, too? "

LOL, this guy must be really really sad, lets send him that singles banner add!

Craig

antipop
03-11-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by CCW
LOL, this guy must be really really sad, lets send him that singles banner add!

LOL :D , he should turn off his comp and get out a bit more often, or maybe the only girl he had just dumped him