PDA

View Full Version : Please Welcome our new Team Captain

OPPAINTER
06-11-2002, 10:46 AM
I would like everyone to welcome our new 3D team Captain.
By far one of the Best Overclockers and 3Dmark racers in the World.
The one and only MrIcee

Welcome to Xtreme my friend and heres to a great season of Overclocking:D

Your friend,
OPP

JBELL
06-11-2002, 10:48 AM
Welcome aboard!

JBELL

N8
06-11-2002, 10:50 AM
Welcome, MrIcee. I'm sure you'll do great for the team.

Thx for the help that you've given me so far...I may have some time to actually do some benching tonight so I will be getting back to you on my status. :)

macktheknife
06-11-2002, 11:00 AM
good to see a couple of the giants of overclocking hanging out here. sorry about all that crap over at icrontic OPP. you deserve better.

JBELL
06-11-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by macktheknife
good to see a couple of the giants of overclocking hanging out here. sorry about all that crap over at icrontic OPP. you deserve better.

that is what he will get here....

we love the new family

thanks guys!

AndrOvr
06-11-2002, 11:03 AM
LoL.. and what happends too Icrontic 3Dmark team? LoL... hehe..

JAWS
06-11-2002, 11:06 AM
MrIcee, seems you have a great reputation! Welcome and Enjoy the XtremeSystems Forums!

JCviggen
06-11-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by AndrOvr

hah, here's the guy who's getting a free pelt too ;)

And congrats Icee :)

JBELL
06-11-2002, 11:12 AM

they have one? heheh

AndrOvr
06-11-2002, 11:42 AM
Now... I dont know LoL..
Everybody is getting out of the icronticforum, Dr.H, OPP, MrIcce, Raptor even DDTung (i think :P )

majormav
06-11-2002, 12:28 PM
check my link
http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=3610688
you coming here mricee was the final straw ... after all the kind advise from your goodself ddtung and OPP how can i stay at icrontic ................ congrats on captain btw awaiting guidance

Hardass
06-11-2002, 02:10 PM
Glad to have you at Xtreme.

majormav
06-11-2002, 02:34 PM
BTW mricee is the guide that you spoke of still going to get e-mailed i was so looking forward to working through it as im sure there would be a good load of points to be gained .... cheers

DDTUNG
06-11-2002, 02:54 PM
Your Team Caddy reporting for duty, sir!

Congrats again, Randi.

DDTUNG:cool:

OPPAINTER
06-11-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by majormav
check my link
you coming here mricee was the final straw ... after all the kind advise from your goodself ddtung and OPP how can i stay at icrontic ................ congrats on captain btw awaiting guidance

Welcome to the team majormav, looking good.

OPP

majormav
06-11-2002, 03:08 PM
thanks OPP should get a higher score as well when i rig up the kx7 she arrives tomorrow

Raptor
06-11-2002, 03:30 PM
Now... I dont know LoL..
Everybody is getting out of the icronticforum, Dr.H, OPP, MrIcce, Raptor even DDTung (i think :P )

Yep, but me and Doc belong know to VR-Zone... THE BEST TEAM IN THE ORB!!! :P

it's kind of sad to see what was once the best team on the orb to fall apart... kind of like my old team (Unreal 3Dmark Team), where i was the captain, since i came out, it felt appart!!!

MajorMav, i can see your' increasing day by day!!! keep up the good work...

Raptor
06-11-2002, 03:33 PM
thanks OPP should get a higher score as well when i rig up the kx7 she arrives tomorrow

hmm... it seems you're getting to close to my TI4400 score!!! :D

Prometeia, come on, i can hardly wait...

macktheknife
06-11-2002, 03:41 PM
well i bought ddtung's volt modded kx7-333 and i should get it tomorrow :) I am so excited to get at it! I will be asking for help, and once I get my rig set up I think I will do my 3dmarking here instead of at icrontic.

OPPAINTER
06-11-2002, 03:43 PM
well i bought ddtung's volt modded kx7-333 and i should get it tomorrow :) I am so excited to get at it! I will be asking for help, and once I get my rig set up I think I will do my 3dmarking here instead of at icrontic.

BTW, it should be there by 3:00 tomorrow, I waived the Sig rights so they'll leave it there should no one be Home.

OPP

JAWS
06-11-2002, 03:44 PM
I will do my 3dmarking here instead of at icrontic.

Much appreciated! I've only heard great things about the KX7!

Oh, Welcome to the Forums! :)

macktheknife
06-11-2002, 03:57 PM
thanks to all :) and i will be here to wait for the board, but i appreciate you waiving the sig thing.

MrIcee
06-11-2002, 05:02 PM
Thank you, thank you and thank you:)

You guys are all just the best.

OPP and DDTUNG.....my best friends and allies....2 of the most generous and helpful gentleman I've ever come to know in this hobby....my loyalty lay with you gents no matter where you go.

My education started last September with you 2....and its the best school I've ever attended:D

OPP...what can I say....but a major thank you to you and Extreme for allowing me the privilage to serve the membership, the team and all those who come here, and will come here to absorb the experiences and knowledge of some very fine overclockers, technicians and 3DMark benchers.

On the lighter side....may I tell you all that in my system currently resides the KX7 from OPP's review that started all the hoolpa this past week, OPP..when I retire it I will have it bronzed with your pic on it....LOL :D It will surely be a conservation piece to hang memories on over a few brews:)

I also have some unfinished business yet to attend to at the other forum....and a letter to write my teamates extending my hand to them to come join us here. i see some of you have already ventured over..so please disregard the letter I'm writing...its a blanket letter to the team email list.

Again...Thank all of you sincerely for this wonderful privilage..I'll do my best as always:)

Randi :D

DDTUNG
06-11-2002, 05:51 PM
Randi,

I am sure you read about the comments that Mortin, Celcho, and Tex had posted in the staff forum over at Icrontic regarding 3DMark benching. I wish all the members there could have read it.
I would be surprised if too many of them would want to stay.

macktheknife
06-11-2002, 06:15 PM
hey guys i didn't get to read that since i am not a mod but would you mind shedding some light on the subject for me. i am not interested to tell anyone else im just curious. if you don't want to talk about it its cool though.

MrIcee
06-11-2002, 06:17 PM
DDTUNG:)

I read those remarks a bit earlier ...I didn't bother to respond...but you're right..and I alluded to those remarks in my just sent letter to all the Teamates there. I understand after reading them why you decided to go....and quite honestly....was very glad to have recieved OPP's offer here, as I was disheartened by the attitude. They must think I'm well off when I talked of my hardware casulaties..but as you guys know..thats not the case..just a bit of ingenuity to keep going(fry and cry)...and whole lotta help from my dear friends:)

You are right...if they read it they would not hesitate to join with us here pronto:)

Charles Wirth
06-11-2002, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the heads up Mr Icee, I wish to stay with the team.

OPPAINTER
06-11-2002, 08:09 PM
FUGGER,

Welcome to Xtreme forums my friend. Glad you could make it:)

OPP

Leo
06-11-2002, 09:51 PM
Hi Icee :D

majormav
06-11-2002, 11:14 PM
theres one hell of a team coming together here..... proud to be part of it ......... on a slightly lighter note what slogan are we going to use ... as at the other one we used onwards and upwards ...... any ideas

JBELL
06-11-2002, 11:22 PM
theres one hell of a team coming together here..... proud to be part of it ......... on a slightly lighter note what slogan are we going to use ... as at the other one we used onwards and upwards ...... any ideas

we are just ... xtreme

one word says it all!

mbrock
06-12-2002, 01:57 AM
I only know what I read in the Icrontic forum that Mortin has since edited. That was enough for me. It realy does not matter I would have followed my Caddy and Captain any way.:) Lets show the world what Xtreme is made of.

JBELL
06-12-2002, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by mbrock
I only know what I read in the Icrontic forum that Mortin has since edited. That was enough for me. It realy does not matter I would have followed my Caddy and Captain any way.:) Lets show the world what Xtreme is made of.

ohh now that attitude ... I totally dig that!

welcome aboard!

mbrock
06-12-2002, 02:16 AM
Thanks Jbell.

mackanz
06-12-2002, 02:22 AM
Welcome Randi!

Well, since it is my first post i shouldn´t say that but....
Reporting for duty sir!

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=3542205

Cheers all!!

Mac

Eli
06-12-2002, 02:59 AM
Welcome Randi :)
For those of you who dont know Icee, he's one the nicest guys on the planet... and a damn good overclocker:D

DDTUNG
06-12-2002, 03:21 AM
I second Eli.

:)

mbrock
06-12-2002, 03:45 AM
I have to put a BIG 3rd on that.

saintmichael
06-12-2002, 05:44 AM
Not to sound corny, but I forth that :)
...great to see you here Randi...btw , thanks for the e-mail last night.

Another thing...great to see all my "Old" team mates here as well...:)

JAWS
06-12-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by mbrock

Now that statement put a big smile on my face! :D Nice to have you on the XTS Team.

MrIcee
06-12-2002, 08:58 AM
Once again my great friends....

Marty, Greg, Eli ,Fugger, mick, mac, Saintmichael, Leo, and any of my good friends I may have left out of this post....Thank you and welcome to the the new Team. I'm so happy all of you fine gentleman have decided to keep our most excellent team intact.

I have been out straight at work prepping school busses for a NYState DOT inspection...so until tomorrow is over I won't have alot of time to devote here..so right now I'm playing catch-up on the threads....if I inadvertantly miss something please forgive me.

I will be creating a Sticky team thread in the next couple days with a team list. I will attempt to get it right the first time by compiling my info from emails, pm's and those of you who have said Ay here in threads. IF I leave anyone out, please respond to THAT thread and I will promptly adjust things.

I have much to do..this evening I will officially resign my Icrontic modship.....and try to get loose ends tied. Please be patient in the next few days..I'll finally get my act together and get everything organized. Again...thank you all my Dear friends... and DDTUNG..thank you for your kind words as always....you gentleman are the best group of guys I've ever been associated with...I'm so glad you all came over to the XTreme Team...good luck..and as always..onwards and upwards !!

Malecky
06-12-2002, 09:18 AM
welcome Mricee....

just spamin coes I need 10 posts:D

Will the forum styles be available in different colours? coes I dont know why I dont like these:)

PiLsY
06-12-2002, 10:59 AM
Just caught up with all this - Im a few hours behind you all being over the pond so to speak.

Thought id make my presence and support felt.

Same old routine? Xtreme 3D team on the title?

PiLsY.

JCviggen
06-12-2002, 11:00 AM
Pilsy :)

Welcome m8!

And i'm only 1 hr ahead of you btw ;)

OPPAINTER
06-12-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by PiLsY
Just caught up with all this - Im a few hours behind you all being over the pond so to speak.

Thought id make my presence and support felt.

Same old routine? Xtreme 3D team on the title?

PiLsY.

Same old routine, Xtreme 3D team on the title :D

Glad you could make it PiLsY,
Welcome to Xtreme:)

OPP

PiLsY
06-12-2002, 11:07 AM
Lo JC and Opp :).

Is the whole crew here ? Hope so, would be a shame ot lose anyone by the wayside.

BTW - how do you change your title here? I want my Technician back :p. Took me hours of spam to get that (especially after DDs faux pas with the original 3d team thread on the oc forum :p).

Been a bit lax on the 3d front - working 6 1/2 days a week atm. Leaves very little time for home and family, let alone hobbys. Hopefully things should all calm down by next week. Management sucks ;). Cant deny the perks tho.....

Doing my best in the MX440 catagory - im utterly underpowered (and totally unmodded too for the first time ever), so its damned hard work. Lacking in rdram, clock speed and gfx speed. hopefully a det change will see me get 3rd tho - realistically all I can hope for at the moment. Still, the wallets getting healthier so hopefully i'll be up at the front page again before to long. Latest goal to be met was 9k (640) with an unmodded system running totally on air using the mx440. Quite an achievement I thought :).

Am off to update all my project titles.

PiLsY.

JBELL
06-12-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Malecky
welcome Mricee....

just spamin coes I need 10 posts:D

Will the forum styles be available in different colours? coes I dont know why I dont like these:)

*shakes head*

no spammin...... that might reset your post count hehehe

JBELL

OPPAINTER
06-12-2002, 11:18 AM
PiLsY,

For a man of your Stature, I think Jbell could help you with the title of Technician.
Well deserved I might add.

How about it Jbell ?? :)

Thanks,
OPP

PiLsY
06-12-2002, 11:31 AM
Ah ya cant change it on your user CP? Dont worry about it - not important :).

Any ideas for a GF4 MX440 volt mod? Must admit ive not had chance to look into it yet. New card for 5 days unmodded - still retail heatsink with no ramsinks. A definite record. Think Ive run out of P3 heatsinks to hack up tho. Gonna buy a swiffy 462 - should keep me in ramsinks for at least my next 4 cards ;). Cant beat the extravagance factor either. "Holy :banana::banana::banana::banana: is that a swiftech on your ram?".

PiLsY.

JBELL
06-12-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by OPPAINTER

How about it Jbell ?? :)

Thanks,
OPP

done, can i get back to playing with my hacks hehehehe

OPPAINTER
06-12-2002, 11:38 AM
Thanks JBell, by all means get back to hacking:D

PiLsY,
No clue about your v-mods.
That swifty must a bear to cut up, how are you cutting it, Jig Saw??

OPP

PiLsY
06-12-2002, 12:14 PM
Thanks JBell - not necessary, but appreciated none-the-less :).

Opp - my dad has a petrol powered metal saw - 2 handed thing. Cuts thru 2" iron bars - the swiffy is no problem at all ;). Its quite a balancing act actually doing it all tho. I have to brace it over my shoulder and balance it with one hand whilst steering the blade with the other. It tends to take chuncks out of the vice if I get too enthusiastic. I tell you tho that thick copper base certainly does the trick for ram cooling. gets me a good 10mhz extra over the TT ramsinks. Not too much more money wise either when you consider I'll be able to do easily 4, possibly 5 gfx cards with the one heatsink. Works out roughly the same as 10 tt ramsinks :).

PiLsY.

MrIcee
06-12-2002, 01:25 PM
Pilsy:)

I just got your return email..thanks m8:) I'm so very glad you came on over my friend...your expertise and affinity for intricate hardware testing and flogging will be a great asset here.
Welcome to the New Team:)

OPP...I must say now that Pilsy has come over...we have our original team just about intact:D I believe all original founding members are here..and many of the additional members have jumped aboard. I would say my dear friend...Mission accomplished:)

Malecky
06-12-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by JBELL

*shakes head*

no spammin...... that might reset your post count hehehe

JBELL

I will not do it again.....oops just did:)

Heh wanted to get a custom avatar now its too damn big isnt it? Will resize dont you worry:)

NightShade737
06-12-2002, 02:24 PM
Could someone PM me, or e-mail me some info about what happened at Icrontic? As I didnt notice anything (have a habbit of doing that) going on, that is if anyone has the time.

Anyway, Would I be allowed to join the team? or is it by invite only? Though I would only be able to try and top the "legacy" charts as my hardware is starting to age a little :( :rolleyes: .

NS

DDTUNG
06-12-2002, 02:41 PM
PiLsY - Welcome on board. Looks like OPP and JBELL are taking good care of you already.:)

NS - Of course you can join. Glad to have you.:)

Silver
06-12-2002, 03:11 PM
Well, well, glad to have found you guys. Was looking around at Icrontic to see if I could find where you all went and found the link. Opp, DD, have followed you guys for a long time. Always an interesting read. Sorry to hear of the problems at Icrontic but am glad to see that you have found a new home. I usually just read your forums but thought seeing as how you where starting up here I would go ahead and become a member in the forums. Well, gotta go. Just wanted to say I'm glad you guys have found a new home and am even happier to know where it is. Take Care.:)

majormav
06-12-2002, 03:12 PM
OPP...I must say now that Pilsy has come over...we have our original team just about intact:D I believe all original founding members are here..and many of the additional members have jumped aboard. I would say my dear friend...Mission accomplished:)

Randi :D [/B][/QUOTEthe team is a great one and i am proud to be a part of it

NightShade737
06-12-2002, 03:55 PM
Damn, I had the best score for a Voodoo 3 on a machine under 500mhz.......... and its gone.....

my entire account.

Do they delete after a certain ammount of inactivity at MOGHQ?

:mad: :confused: :(

Anyway, cancel that request for info about what went down at Icrontic, I found most of the info anyway..

NS

RichBa5tard
06-12-2002, 05:49 PM
Damn, every overclocking guru seems to resident here: OPP, Mr.Icee (welcome!), DDTung, Dr. Goodenhigh, JCviggen, Pilsy,...

Pilsy, you broke my MX440 score, damn you! Hehe... :)
I used to be #1 once, now I'm 2 places behind you. You still have to break Calantak's score though (a fellow friend at my home forum @ madshrimps). You may count yourself lucky that I don't owe that GF4 MX440 any more (actually, i never did, it was a friends...). :D

PiLsY
06-13-2002, 12:39 PM
lol at least im making some sort of impact in the mx440 catagory. Only made 2 runs at each res so far ;). Im hoping for more tomorrow. So far ive only used one det (29.40) which I doubt (hope) is(nt) the fastest. Still no vmods, retail heatsink (barely existant) and no ramsinks.

No offense to the guys running the lower cards, but I cant wait to get back up with the top flyte guys on page 1. Theres a lot less intense competition and less movement down here. I will say tho that the 8k target with an MX440 is going to be one hell of a target. I need to gain some 800 points without increasing clock speed or memory speed / timings (maxed my board out). May take a vmod and a lot of extra gfx cooling plus god knows how many det changes. It may not even be possible, limited how I am atm. Want a new board anyway - end of th emonth cant come quick enough :). Also dont forget the new ATIs are out in 2 - 3 months. If they do as well as they did with the R8500 I can quite easily see ATI reclaming top spot on the ORB.

Anyway, enough waffle, im just glad to see weve all got some motion going on. I had noticed that Icrontic had stagnated this last month or so, tho I didnt know why. Great to see you all alive, well and back together, and most of all glad to be a part of it again.

PiLsY.

AndrOvr
06-13-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Silver
Well, well, glad to have found you guys. Was looking around at Icrontic to see if I could find where you all went and found the link. Opp, DD, have followed you guys for a long time. Always an interesting read. Sorry to hear of the problems at Icrontic but am glad to see that you have found a new home. I usually just read your forums but thought seeing as how you where starting up here I would go ahead and become a member in the forums. Well, gotta go. Just wanted to say I'm glad you guys have found a new home and am even happier to know where it is. Take Care.:)

Hey Silver!
Long time no see ya...
Dracula here ;)
Need to talk to ya :D

Jupiler
06-13-2002, 01:59 PM
Mind if I join the team?;)

Silver
06-13-2002, 02:49 PM

Hey Silver!
Long time no see ya...
Dracula here ;)
Need to talk to ya :D

Gotta eat right now, wife is shaking my leash. Will install yahoo chat right after din. Hasta luego amigo.;)

MrIcee
06-14-2002, 12:36 PM
Jupiler:)

Welcome to the team my friend...nice to have you aboard:) I apologize for my tardiness answering you here...as I've been quite busy these last few days. I'm just getting thru all the threads here and catching up. Take care and good luck in your future benching !

Jupiler
06-14-2002, 12:44 PM
Thanks a lot Randi, I really appreciate it.
It's nice being here with the worlds best overclockers (no a$$ kissing, I mean it ;) Hope to learn a lot from guys which I will certainly do, no doubt.
I'll try to do my best and post some nice benchmarks, even if running a 4400. Waiting for some better RDRAM to come, I already have a nice cpu, hehe.

fredperry
06-14-2002, 12:46 PM
are you using my bong to keep your P4 cool? Or still the AMD?
And still like it?

Jupiler
06-14-2002, 01:14 PM
Thx FP.
Yeah, still using it, with the Maze 3 for P4. Still liking it but my RDRAM is crap, maxes out at 162-163 Mhz, cpu can go much higher though.

mbrock
06-14-2002, 03:27 PM
Nice sig you have there.

DDTUNG
06-14-2002, 04:22 PM
Yeah Randi, nice sig. hint,hint.

MrIcee
06-14-2002, 04:52 PM
DDTUNG and Marty:)

Hint..hint....um....ahhh....you see..maybe some of that info to be submitted for the team database has other useful purposes;)
Be sure to read my thread and get your info in:D