PDA

View Full Version : Good Capacitors Promotions Plan

Big Pope
04-29-2006, 01:07 AM
I want to show off my capacitors "SAMXON GD & GC" to the world. If you anyone want to get some samples to test, please let me know. It is free of charge, included shipping cost. However, i just request the members to show their comments and test reports here or in this forum ---> http://www.badcaps.net/forum/index.php?

My aim just want to show anyone in the world knows, NOT Japanese brands capacitors are good in the world only.

I enclosed my SAMXON capacitors data here, please download for reference. More details here http://www.samxon.com

Samxon is a Hong Kong brand name, office in HK, factories set up in China, capacitors are used with Japanese formula (seems like Panasonic OEM). This company is listed company in Hong Kong(Stock No. 0894). Anyone can go there for details --> http://www.samxon.com. I want to clarify a little more. Samxon GD is same grade as Rubycon MBZ, and GC is same grade as MCZ.

Actaully, I have the the stock of following. I really need helps by the members here. Thanks a lot.

SAMXON GC
P.S.: (D=Diameter)
1000uF 6.3v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D8x14mm
1000uF 10v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D8x20mm
1000uF 16v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D8x20mm
1500uF 6.3v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D8x20mm
1500uF 6.3v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D10x16mm
1500uF 16v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D10x20mm
2200uF 6.3v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D10x20mm
2200uF 10v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D10x25mm
2700uF 6.3v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D10x20mm
3300uF 6.3v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D10x25mm

SAMXON GD
P.S. (D=Diameter)
330uF 16v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D8x12mm
470uF 16v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D8x12mm
560uF 6.3v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D8x12mm
680uF 10v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D8x12mm
680uF 16v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D10x12.5mm
820uF 6.3v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D8x12mm
820uF 10v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D10x12.5mm
1000uF 6.3v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D8x15mm
1000uF 16v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D10x16mm
1200uF 6.3v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D10x12.5mm
1200uF 10v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D10x16mm
1500uF 6.3v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D10x16mm
1500uF 10v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D10x16mm
2200uF 6.3v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D10x20mm
2200uF 16v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D10x25mm
3300uF 10v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D12.5x25mm
3900uF 10v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D12.5x25mm
4700uF 10v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D12.5x25mm

SAMXON GK
P.S.: (D=Diameter)
220uF 16v 105'C Lowest Impedance D8x12mm

Xassius
04-29-2006, 01:49 AM
Nice. I'll be looking out for these.

Xassius
04-29-2006, 08:41 PM
So what do I have to do to get these free caps?

metro.cl
04-29-2006, 08:59 PM
So what do I have to do to get these free caps?

pm him or email him

and later post results in that forum

p.d. i dont know how to test capacitors in a mobo... replacing them? but the measure through software isnt acurate...

Xassius
04-29-2006, 10:00 PM
p.d. i dont know how to test capacitors in a mobo... replacing them? but the measure through software isnt acurate...

You can't really measure through software. Unless you get like 100mhz more overclock on your CPU. :D

I was planning to use some of these on my custom switching power supply. :D (not for pc use though :<)

Big Pope
04-29-2006, 10:17 PM
pm him or email him

and later post results in that forum

You can check the overclock ability of motherboard after replaced my capacitors. Here's member "trodas' have been done this matter in previous period.

Big Pope
04-29-2006, 10:20 PM
You can't really measure through software. Unless you get like 100mhz more overclock on your CPU. :D

I was planning to use some of these on my custom switching power supply. :D (not for pc use though :<)

Yes, you can get it to improve your motherboard's overclock ability.

Switching Power also can use, but no big effect for this matter.

hixie
04-29-2006, 10:32 PM
Big pope, YGPM

celemine1Gig
05-01-2006, 11:55 AM
If I hadn't already ordered some new Panasonic FM-Sereies caps, to replace some cheap OST and G-Luxon caps on a ECS board, I would've contacted you.

Good luck though! ;) Those GC caps look great. :)

sson74
05-01-2006, 04:37 PM
I've got some DFI NF4 boards (1 Ultra & 1 Expert) they don't boot (3 led diseases) I've been meaning to change all the caps on them, but haven't been able to find any quailty caps. PM let me know what you charge.

metro.cl
05-01-2006, 04:58 PM
I've got some DFI NF4 boards (1 Ultra & 1 Expert) they don't boot (3 led diseases) I've been meaning to change all the caps on them, but haven't been able to find any quailty caps. PM let me know what you charge.

can you tell me how many and which type do i need i also have a lanparty ultra-d and want to change its capacitors

crodan85
05-01-2006, 05:05 PM

I thought the 3led problem was a corrupt bios or have seen board with problems with loose cpu sockets and chipped chipsets. Have you got any info about caps being the cause of the problem

WeStSiDePLaYa
05-01-2006, 06:06 PM
these caps are very high quality. i have recieved samples of them and will be looking to buy some for future projects. i should be posting pictures of my work soon once its done.

hixie
05-01-2006, 09:31 PM
these caps are very high quality. i have recieved samples of them and will be looking to buy some for future projects. i should be posting pictures of my work soon once its done.

Good to hear that, i'm meeting up with him today to get mine. If they go well i will definatly order more and replace every cap i see :D

The guys are badcaps do seem a bit biased don't they? One bad Samxon and they say it rubbish, yet loads of bad Rubycon and they still love it.

I'll post pics after i'll done aswell.

WeStSiDePLaYa
05-02-2006, 09:08 AM
Good to hear that, i'm meeting up with him today to get mine. If they go well i will definatly order more and replace every cap i see :D

The guys are badcaps do seem a bit biased don't they? One bad Samxon and they say it rubbish, yet loads of bad Rubycon and they still love it.

I'll post pics after i'll done aswell.

yeah, they are.

i made sure to point that out over there.

also told them i had nothing but good interactions with big pope.

Big Pope
05-02-2006, 06:16 PM
yeah, they are.

i made sure to point that out over there.

also told them i had nothing but good interactions with big pope.

Thank you for your supporting.

Actaully, I don't have open to sell the capactiors there. I just sent the samples to members free of charge for testing. After that, some of members contacted me again by private messages and request more capacitors. However, the Administrator always check my private messages with other members. I think he want to check i am selling capactiors there or not. He is crazy, it is meanningless for private messages there.:eek:

Why i know this? It is because i have entried their Moderator Area once in previous period when i am still a member there. I don't know why i can entry there, i just a normal member only there, but i don't care why, because that's not my problem. I saw and studied all their conversations in the Moderator area......By this reason, i know 2 points is very importance as following.
1. The administrator always check members' private messages there.
2. This is explain why one of their super moderlator NOT tell any comments there after he received and tested my capactiors for a long time.

I have already backup all the conversations in administration area there. If anyone want to know more turly details about why i have banned there, just contact me.

I want to tell every members careful there if you really want to receive personally messages in there.

jsnkok
05-03-2006, 03:30 AM
just wanna ask, i found a branch of your company samxon over at my place (m'sia), whats the min order quantity? as for replacing caps, i might look for u for some samples soon once i get my summer break ^^

nn_step
05-03-2006, 03:38 AM
I would be more than happy to put the Caps through a set of serious tests.

hixie
05-12-2006, 04:10 AM
OK, i got my caps and have placed them in 3 different boards. They are;
ASUS P4C800 Deluxe
ASUS P4C800E Deluxe
DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert

On the expert i replaced all the 16V 1500uF and all the 6.3V ones around the CPU, RAM and MOSFETs.
On paper the voltage fluctuation of Vcore and Vdimm was improved by 0.1. I was running a Opteron 144 which did not overclock anymore than it previously did:( . However, RAM did perform better. At 333mhz (DDR666) the RAM would give 3-5 errors in memtest's test number 5. After the caps were replaced the RAM was able to past memtest's test number 5 with no errors.
Just incase you're wondering RAM was G.Skill's F1 Series TCCD DDR600 at CAS2.5.

In the P4C800E Deluxe i had a 3.0E which tops out at FSB275. After the 16V and 6.3V caps have been replaced the pressy now tops out at FSB280. Which means the 3.0E is running 4.2Ghz on aircooling :banana:

The P4C800 Deluxe with the same chip previously tops out at FSB 260, now FSB 265 with no problem.

Both P4C800E Deluxe and P4C800 Deluxe had no othermods other than Vdroop.

Conclusion...
All caps replaced were the same value as the original ones, except in the P4C800 series the 16V 1200uF were replaced with 16V 1500uF.
The caps made quite a nice difference in both P4C800 series. Allowing for a few more precious clocks.

In the expert board it didn't really make any difference, other than the RAM gaining a bit more stability while running DDR666.

Hopefully, i will be able to get myself a scope soon, so i can see why exactly these caps didn't make a big difference in the expert board.

Big Pope
05-12-2006, 07:04 AM
OK, i got my caps and have placed them in 3 different boards. They are;
ASUS P4C800 Deluxe
ASUS P4C800E Deluxe
DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert

On the expert i replaced all the 16V 1500uF and all the 6.3V ones around the CPU, RAM and MOSFETs.
On paper the voltage fluctuation of Vcore and Vdimm was improved by 0.1. I was running a Opteron 144 which did not overclock anymore than it previously did:( . However, RAM did perform better. At 333mhz (DDR666) the RAM would give 3-5 errors in memtest's test number 5. After the caps were replaced the RAM was able to past memtest's test number 5 with no errors.
Just incase you're wondering RAM was G.Skill's F1 Series TCCD DDR600 at CAS2.5.

In the P4C800E Deluxe i had a 3.0E which tops out at FSB275. After the 16V and 6.3V caps have been replaced the pressy now tops out at FSB280. Which means the 3.0E is running 4.2Ghz on aircooling :banana:

The P4C800 Deluxe with the same chip previously tops out at FSB 260, now FSB 265 with no problem.

Both P4C800E Deluxe and P4C800 Deluxe had no othermods other than Vdroop.

Conclusion...
All caps replaced were the same value as the original ones, except in the P4C800 series the 16V 1200uF were replaced with 16V 1500uF.
The caps made quite a nice difference in both P4C800 series. Allowing for a few more precious clocks.

In the expert board it didn't really make any difference, other than the RAM gaining a bit more stability while running DDR666.

Hopefully, i will be able to get myself a scope soon, so i can see why exactly these caps didn't make a big difference in the expert board.

Nice to hear about that. Thanks.

Do you have any photos or CPU-Z details show here?

hixie
05-12-2006, 08:38 AM
Will add soon, busy setting up dedicated dimes machines and VMs ATM.

Firechicken
05-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Hi big pope, was wondering if you still had some samples to pass out, I do alot of work here at home and go through a ton of capacitors every day. I am curently building two hifi audio amplifiers for my computer set up. I'm not sure if you only were offering them for motherboards or video cards type projects but there's a good chance I will be able to hear the results a bit aswell as showing up on the scope.

Big Pope
05-13-2006, 08:09 AM
Hi big pope, was wondering if you still had some samples to pass out, I do alot of work here at home and go through a ton of capacitors every day. I am curently building two hifi audio amplifiers for my computer set up. I'm not sure if you only were offering them for motherboards or video cards type projects but there's a good chance I will be able to hear the results a bit aswell as showing up on the scope.

Yes, i am supply the capacitors for motherboards or video card only. I don't have any audio type capacitors. I am not perfer to use these capacitors in your project. However, i am willing to supply your some samples if you really want to test the performance of my capacitors in your project.:)

Firechicken
05-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Yeah thats what I had thought, I only want to be of help testing in the areas you need support in. I do have two older vid cards one ATI 9600-XT and ATI 9250 that I would run a whole bunch of before and after tests benchmarks screen shots install pics ect.. and if it goes well hell i'll start pulling caps on my ATi X-800-XT and Asus k8n motherboard too and support your brand anyway you like and i can be of help. M.D.

Big Pope
05-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Yeah thats what I had thought, I only want to be of help testing in the areas you need support in. I do have two older vid cards one ATI 9600-XT and ATI 9250 that I would run a whole bunch of before and after tests benchmarks screen shots install pics ect.. and if it goes well hell i'll start pulling caps on my ATi X-800-XT and Asus k8n motherboard too and support your brand anyway you like and i can be of help. M.D.

Just PM me what's you need. Thanks.

SikaRippa
05-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Hi,

I have been investigated methods to measure a very low ESR values of electrolytic capacitors. I have characterized e.g. Panasonic, Sanyo and Chemi-con capacitors having lowest ESR available (?) ~ 5-10 mohm. I was able to get milliohm resolution when COMPARING different capacitors and added know series resistance. The absolute value is extremely hard to obtain due to contact and lead resistances and temperature variations.

I would like to measure/charaterize those capacitors, and post the results here. I emphazise that I am not able give absolute values, but results like 'ESR is ~20 mohm lower/greater that a know good capacitor e.g Panasonic FK'.

Would you like to sent me some capacitors having different ratings (capacitance/voltage/ESR) ?

Big Pope
05-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Hi,

I have been investigated methods to measure a very low ESR values of electrolytic capacitors. I have characterized e.g. Panasonic, Sanyo and Chemi-con capacitors having lowest ESR available (?) ~ 5-10 mohm. I was able to get milliohm resolution when COMPARING different capacitors and added know series resistance. The absolute value is extremely hard to obtain due to contact and lead resistances and temperature variations.

I would like to measure/charaterize those capacitors, and post the results here. I emphazise that I am not able give absolute values, but results like 'ESR is ~20 mohm lower/greater that a know good capacitor e.g Panasonic FK'.

Would you like to sent me some capacitors having different ratings (capacitance/voltage/ESR) ?

Sure, please contact me by PM and then tell me the details. Thanks.

Yanz
05-20-2006, 01:43 AM
Hi, Big Pope. I've received your email completely, thanks for pointing me to this forum.

About you banned from badcaps forum, I really feel sorry about that. I think Topcat shouldn't do that far. You've gave a lot of info about samxon caps in the forums and that's a nice contribution.

But you also have to understand that it's not easy for us to recommend samxon caps yet we still examine/monitoring its reliability/endurance, I agree with Topcat on this: it's not wise to let the forum reader to think that samxon caps are as good as Rubycon, Sanyo, Panasonic, Chemicon, or Nichicon. It could be that yours are as good as them, but it could be not (I believe that some member have the same thought as I am).

Some of our members have been using your caps (for trial) and the result is so far so good. You have sent samples to some of badcaps member, and that's smart. I would expect that we'll realize what quality of samxon caps in the future of 1-2 years from now... and I’m sure we will not hesitate to recommend samxon caps if it’s past the trial by then.

So I would have to disagree with you that Topcat banned you merely because of his own private commercial reason. OTOH I also very disagree that Topcat banned you from the forum. Anyway we have a very strong reason to only recommend Japanese LESR caps (although some of us very desperate to seek the alternative, you know... ;) )

I also want to say this; I was really impressed by samxon caps spec. If only I have samples to try myself. I have a net cafe and I could use your samxon caps if you are willing to send me some samples, those aren't high end systems but what interested me most isn't the ability of your caps to pump the overclockability, but its endurance/reliability. I will let some of my system use your caps although they already have good known Sanyo WG caps. I have enough Sanyo WG if things aren't going right with your caps anyway.

The details of what I need are listed in the email I sent to you.

I guest if Samxon caps proved to be good and reliable caps it would be very good news for all of us, including the badcaps forums and Topcat himself.

I can't think any better way for you to fight Topcat than to be patient and let the time tell, at least you'll be backed up by a lot of people.

Unless you can force the Samxon corporation to make an official statement about its relationship with Panasonic/Nichicon, but that seems impossible IMO :D.

BTW this is weekend; sure I’ll have time to add your samxon caps spec to the tables i made. I guess I’ll send it to you via email later... or I’ll attach them to the thread you made on badcaps forum.

Regards,
Yanz

hixie
05-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Just wanted to do a little update.
I had my caps replaced with samxon caps on my DIMES server which is a socket 478 3.0E running at 4.2Ghz. Left the DIMES server on non-stop for about 3 weeks already and these caps still have not shown any signs of wear, buldging, leaks or cracks.

Jetmech
07-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Hi,Big Pope

Thank You, I receved the 3300uF 6.3v 105'C Ultra Low ESR D10x25mm

capacitors you sent me to replace the cap`s on my biostar M7TDB, it had a

bad power supply and all the caps in the power system started to leak. I

replaced the power supply and I replaced all the cap`s on the motherboard.

Now all is working normal...Will update with reliability.