PDA

View Full Version : Ps3 Hdd

The_End
04-28-2006, 07:44 PM
I heard that the PS3 is going to have a online service where you can download the games directly onto your Hdd, if its true thats going to be awsome, any one else heard about this?

thanks

OmegaMerc
04-28-2006, 08:11 PM
That sounds bogus, and stupid.

What happens when you run out of space? delete it off your HDD and then spend countless days downloading 8GB+ worth of info?

What happens when the HDD is full and you need to save a game?

How will stores compete to get in-store sales vs cheaper online sales?

What happens when that golden game that everyone wants comes out, causing massive "DDOS" attacks shuttin down servers.

eBoy0
04-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Well you can somewhat do that with a PS2, w/ a HD loader and a HDD, can't do the online thing but you can emulate off the HDD.

The_End
04-28-2006, 08:39 PM
My ps2 is got toxic os (same as hdloader) and it works fine, and if your saying you are going to run out of space, well you would need to upgrade the hdd, its not that hard. You would need a pretty good net conection to, but with the gigabit network, i think sony thinks its a standard.

What i orginaly ment is that i saw a thread on sony having a new service, that allows you to download the game instead of going and getting it from the store. Its a new Online gaming thing there going towards.

The_End
04-30-2006, 09:34 PM
Ok i found the original link:

http://www.ps3land.com/faq.php#7

Will PS3 games be playable online?
PS3 games will be playable online, and the "basic" service will be free. This may be a similar system to Xbox 360's Silver and Gold services, but Kutaragi did suggest the basic service would allow games to be played online. Extra online services will include the ability to download games to the 60GB hard drive

As sony stated, this may still happen.

So get off the dialup, lol :)