PDA

View Full Version : amd processor

Attitudx
06-11-2002, 10:31 AM
OK so i need yous guys to tell me how hard i took one. I bought an amd 950 duron for 51 bucks shipped. New in the wrapper. Now did i just bone myself or did i not do to bad?? Really would like some impoot Thanks
:) :( :mad: :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

JAWS
06-11-2002, 10:41 AM
Depends....

If you don't have a mobo that supports XP processors, then it's not bad! Here are some current prices:

http://www.pricewatch.com/

Attitudx
06-11-2002, 10:59 AM
thanks for that i didnt even think of that sight awwww, my mobo only supports up to 950 i picked it and the case up for 70.00. Not a healthy mobo but enough for what I want, I am not quite exp on doing folding, and all that stuff i just want something faster than my 450 pIII

JAWS
06-11-2002, 11:28 AM
Cool! You will definitely see an overall performance gain with the 950!

Attitudx
06-11-2002, 11:45 AM
Coolness, my pentium isnt bad but I have seen so much talk of amd and I have seen smizacks comp and it is pretty cool. So i am an amd man, just have to figure out how to overclock the thing. to bad i cant go xp processor that would be cool :D

Smizack
06-11-2002, 07:58 PM
You didn't do to bad brotha. A bit high probably, but in a few months they'll be giving those away anyhow.

Teh new C Chamber CD is badass BTW. And Fay will have it to you in the morning.;)

Attitudx
06-12-2002, 04:14 AM
I figured it was a bit high but i would rather have a new one than one someone has used so the chances of being doa are not as great. But sometimes your eyes are bigger than your mind and you just want that faster AMD processor cuz the pentium MOBO puts the agp slot across the board and a better video card wont fit and then you throw it out the wind, oops rambling hehe

COOl i cannot wait to hear it i figured it would be awesome

Smizack
06-13-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by chylde
I figured it was a bit high but i would rather have a new one than one someone has used so the chances of being doa are not as great. But sometimes your eyes are bigger than your mind and you just want that faster AMD processor cuz the pentium MOBO puts the agp slot across the board and a better video card wont fit and then you throw it out the wind, oops rambling hehe

COOl i cannot wait to hear it i figured it would be awesome

LOL! And just for Silversink's record...

You're going from Intel to AMD.

Strike another one up for the good guys!!!:D

Attitudx
06-14-2002, 06:53 AM
I know when to go with a good thing LOL, hey i bet that coal chamber alblum is awesome huh???? NO hurry i know we been spanked by mother nature and her computer destroying lightening. SO umm just when you get a chance hehe

Smizack
06-14-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by chylde
I know when to go with a good thing LOL, hey i bet that coal chamber alblum is awesome huh???? NO hurry i know we been spanked by mother nature and her computer destroying lightening. SO umm just when you get a chance hehe

Yup yup. We lost a lotta crap during that stupid lightening storm. But it's all good, I had to go over everything in ubr so I checked my own modem settings, and they had me turned down... So I got a little bumpty bump on meh speedz tonight!

I still dont' come close to JBELL though... GRRR!

*Shakes fist!*
:D

JBELL
06-14-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Smizack

Yup yup. We lost a lotta crap during that stupid lightening storm. But it's all good, I had to go over everything in ubr so I checked my own modem settings, and they had me turned down... So I got a little bumpty bump on meh speedz tonight!

I still dont' come close to JBELL though... GRRR!

*Shakes fist!*
:D

I will always be the UBER-DOWNLOADER!

Smizack
06-17-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by JBELL

I will always be the UBER-DOWNLOADER!

That's an understatement. ;)

What's your Mp3 size up to now??

scrllock
07-14-2002, 10:55 AM

Strike another one up for the good guys!!!:D

Hmm... Evil-Doers Beware!!!

JBELL
07-14-2002, 12:54 PM

That's an understatement. ;)

What's your Mp3 size up to now??

LMAO give it up - you can't count that high hahahahaha

Smizack
07-14-2002, 05:41 PM

LMAO give it up - you can't count that high hahahahaha

*takes off shoes*

:D :D

JBELL
07-14-2002, 05:58 PM

*takes off shoes*

:D :D

that better be for number of hard drives i have full now hehehehe

Smizack
07-14-2002, 08:28 PM

that better be for number of hard drives i have full now hehehehe

Grrr!!

Well... I bet i've got teh ub3r pr0n collection. hehe.:D :D

JBELL
07-15-2002, 02:13 AM
two friends ofmine work for :banana::banana::banana::banana: shop what i cant download i can get at great price muahahahahaaaa

Smizack
07-15-2002, 04:09 PM
two friends ofmine work for :banana::banana::banana::banana: shop what i cant download i can get at great price muahahahahaaaa

*I hate you.....*