PDA

View Full Version : I need network help!! Please!?!

Crazymofo
02-13-2003, 06:21 PM
Ok I really need to be able to monitor the 4 systems I have folding but I cannot seem to get my main rig to see the network..

A little breakdown of what I have first....

Main Rig is running XP.... this is the one I have probs with...
Laptop and two folding machines run 98se
I have a Linksys router connected to my cable modem...
My laptop is connect directly to the router
I have a 4 port netgear hub in my office which connects the othe machines to the router....
All are on the same WORKGROUP

Now my laptop and folding rigs can all see each other no prob.... And they can see my main rig but cannot access it... My XP machine is blind as a bat it cannot see a dang thing...except the inet...

I can run the network wizard successfully but it does nothing..
I had this thing working before a format and reinstall of XP and all was great I could monitor folding with EM3 and I had my printer shared with my laptop

The only thing I can see that is different is the network type... the 98 machines all use MS Family login.... and the on the XP machine I cannot add the family client as it is not listed??? I tried switching all the 98 machines to CLient for MS network.. but then none of the machine could see each other....

I've tried to provide as much info as possible if you need more I will try my best to provide it.....

Crazymofo
02-14-2003, 06:18 PM
Well I some how got it to work but I had to clean XP for an upgrade I made so I think that may have had something to do with it... also overclockers.com had a few posts with peeps having the same prob and some great tips that may have helped also.... Oh well I'm just happy I can view my rigs with EM3 now!!

:banana: