PDA

View Full Version : plz post pics for nf7-s v core mod plz!!

str8_blunted
02-13-2003, 06:59 AM
i see the way its done on the other abit boards but the nf7-s dosent seem to be laid out the same way, i would hate to solder the wrong chip, can someone plz post a pic of the chip and its location on my mobo, i know its been asked before but noone seems to have responded, hoppfully ill have better luck, im new to these forum, this is my first post!! but i have been a loyal onion for quite sometime now, i hope there isint any wars between u guys at this forum and fm forums, but thanx for ur help

eclypse
02-13-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by gokickrocks
for the hip6301cb on the nf7s, it goes like this...
_
______
11 10
12 9
13 8
14 7
15 6
16 5
17 4
18 3
19 2
20 1
----^---- <---indentation

Thats about as good as i've seen.. easy to figure out though it ya follow the indentation mark. You'll see the chip labled hip something to the left of the CPU socket lookin straight at the board with the CPU socket at the top.

you can connect from pin 7 to resistor then to either pin 9 "Ground" or to a ground on a fan header on the board.

vince999
02-20-2003, 04:27 AM
so if the hip chip is to the left of the cpu socket, the pins nearest the cpu socket are the lower numbers right?

gokickrocks
02-20-2003, 09:32 AM
yep

vince999
02-20-2003, 11:07 AM
ok, i tried the mod, used a grabber, to connect to pin 7, and a v/reducer, think thats what its called, and earthed it to the case, turned the pc on, ok, worked, went into bios, set the core v's at 1.6, for the xp t'bred. went into the pc health screen, started to raise the v's up, it will go to 1.75v then cut out. screen will go. a reboot sorts this back out, but thats all it will do.
now i know this grabber is ok as i used it on my old kx7-333 and had that to 2.1v.
so my question is, as the t'bred runs at a lower voltage, do i need to set it up as say 1.7v in the soft menu then increase the health screen one with the mod. or will it still cut out. i'd like to get it to 2v or so just to see what this cpu will do.