PDA

View Full Version : new hard drive issue

LIQUIDHERION
04-22-2006, 12:18 AM
My Diamondmax 10 (maxtor) went out, i RMA'd it. I got the new drive and poped it in and formatted.I left it formatted and blank and went to go play some mp3's and noticed the computer would stall for a couple seconds and then return and did this on and off till i shut off the computer and removed the new drive i recieved from maxtor. I booted up my computer and everything is fine.

With all the drive in and running i was running 1 seagate 40gig(eide). 1 seagate 300gig(sata). 1. maxline3 300gig(sata). and 1 diamond max 300 gig(eide). 4 hard drives total.
So do i have too many drive hooked up to my mobo? asrock k7 xp2800 cpu. 1gig ram 3200. I need to use a program to check the new drive. Do you guys know of a quick program to run and check the new drive i got? thanks guys.

nn_step
04-22-2006, 10:26 AM
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

xerogenesis
04-26-2006, 06:54 AM
eurosoft pc-check works great for me, but you have to pay for it if thats a route ur willing to go, but overall id say its very good software, at a decent price, that performs quite quickly when u need to diagnose a problem with limited time

LIQUIDHERION
04-27-2006, 08:53 PM
It turned out to be the 40 gig seagate Operating System drive , its old and starting to petter out. raw write read error and such came up on it.