PDA

View Full Version : Get more out of your Prome, for free!!

bldegle2
02-12-2003, 12:07 AM
back to basics.

more air flow over the exchanger coils at the front of the box will lower your temps about 4*c, even more under full load.

here is what i did, pulled front cover off, strapped a Delta 120 HO fan directly to the grill, did it while the system was running and watched the temps drop. even with the heater on in the house tonight and motherboard temps increasing, the cpu held steady....

the 120mm is just a pushing tons of air over the fins, helping the internal fan, and i didn't have to change any settings to fool the onboards into full mode, something i have worried about.

now, with a changeover to R404a, think of the possibilities.

now you can maximise your temps without straining your Prememtia's internals.

works for me.

baldy:banana:

DisposableHero
02-12-2003, 12:30 AM
nice find

Bravo
02-12-2003, 01:26 AM
Not really.

Cooling the condensor has been known since the early vapochill days. Changing to a high static pressure, cubic feet per minute fan will yield better evaporator (and CPU) temperatures.

Likewise, R290 is a better choice over R404a. Propane is easily obtained, and costs very little. Unlike the Vapochill range, the 240v AC compressor is quite capable of having the extra torque required to compress propane and R404a :)

Hardass
02-12-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by bldegle2
back to basics.

more air flow over the exchanger coils at the front of the box will lower your temps about 4*c, even more under full load.

here is what i did, pulled front cover off, strapped a Delta 120 HO fan directly to the grill, did it while the system was running and watched the temps drop. even with the heater on in the house tonight and motherboard temps increasing, the cpu held steady....

the 120mm is just a pushing tons of air over the fins, helping the internal fan, and i didn't have to change any settings to fool the onboards into full mode, something i have worried about.

now, with a changeover to R404a, think of the possibilities.

now you can maximise your temps without straining your Prememtia's internals.

works for me.

baldy:banana:

Thanks for the tip!:)

bldegle2
02-12-2003, 06:16 AM
about 110/120v, stateside volts.

is that enough juice to run the R404a????

don't want to blow the compressor.

b:rolleyes:

TheDude
02-12-2003, 08:25 AM
The fan trick worked on my old classic Vapo...haven't tried it on my Prommie yet..runs -31c loaded so I really have not seen the need to. The old Vapo was in the +c range loaded.

full loaded
02-16-2003, 03:15 AM
where can I get r404a I am searching for it a long time.
but couldn't find it, I also looked for propane, but it was not clear enough, always 20 or more % was another gas, mostly c4h10 (butaan in dutch, ill guess butane in english)