PDA

View Full Version : My F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ Can't go higher than 250?

CodeHunter
04-18-2006, 10:07 AM
Hi,

I bought a kit of F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ (2GB) last December (2005) and didn't get a chance to install them in my new system (since I just put it together) utill recently. (this is last week).

Well, I realized that one of the sticks was bad.

Well, the place that I bough them (Newegg.com) had a 1 year replacement warranty, so they accepted them, and sent me a brand new kit.

The thing that worries me, is that this new kit can not go higher than 250. I am guessing maybe the newer batch (compared to the original one that I bought last December) are less overclock friendly? Of course I never got a chance to test those RAMs, but it is true to most computer components, the original, older run would normally be of higher quality.

Is this true? Your insights would be greatly appreciated.

GSKILL TECH
04-18-2006, 10:35 AM
got many of your PM...
you should try your DDS & DDDS 1st!
also please post some bios screen shoot! thx

kamakazibond
04-18-2006, 11:48 AM
It's not just you.. I can say for 100% certainty that at least 2 kits of VERY recently bought HZ's are NOT able to go much above 250MHz stable on the 2 different Nf4 MOBO's I have tested them in. One being a DFI Ultra-D.
Read here for more info. (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=95755)

All bought from newegg BTW (which is giving a @$30 instant rebate on the memory, almost like they know they wont OC like they used to)

kamakazibond

GSKILL TECH
04-18-2006, 12:09 PM
It's not just you.. I can say for 100% certainty that at least 2 kits of VERY recently bought HZ's are NOT able to go above 250MHz stable on the 2 different Nf4 MOBO's I have tested them in. One being a DFI Ultra-D.
Read here for more info. (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=95755)

All bought from newegg BTW (which is giving a @$30 instant rebate on the memory, almost like they know they wont OC like they used to)

kamakazibond
i don't think so
still many ppl does 270
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=75199&page=15

kamakazibond
04-18-2006, 02:16 PM
i don't think so
still many ppl does 270
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=75199&page=15

I'll just point you here (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=95755) and hope that you have the time to read all that.

I understand that there is a lot of info there, and I understand you are busy. I don't only post in such detail for your help, I do it to help others as well. I hope you understand what I mean.

kamakazibond

CodeHunter
04-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Tell me abou it. I am very disappointed. My kit won't even reach the advertised 250MHz, let alone any overclocking.

Anyone?

Can I send them back directly to G.Skill? I paid $240 last December for these, and I want *at least* the 250 guarantee. What is this?:mad:

GSKILL TECH
04-18-2006, 03:27 PM
btw for expert ... just find out now, you need to try DDDS not 7 but 4 to 1.
and if you post some bios screen shoot i think it helps

kamakazibond
04-18-2006, 05:27 PM
If you can't get your problems worked out This was my answer to the question about RMA, if it gets tested or what they actually to for an RMA situation.

took me about 15min to finished all reading

something need to clear here

the one "codehunter" he bought at Dec 2005 not even 2006
RMA testing in done in the CA G.Skill lab with DFi ultra-d mobo & AMD 165 cpu
will run 260 3-4-4-8 for 2GBHZ, windows memtest, super pi 32m, and sp2004 at the same time for about 2~3 hours. if no error, we will increase to 265 3-4-4-8 and same tests again! if no error again. i will repick it and ship back to Taiwan for detail testing. no matter what, you will get a new one. the new for replacement, it will only test at 255 3-4-4-8 32M once. no error = ship em

basicly if you follow my bios setting and not overclock the CPU (around stock speed) you can easy find out the max for 2GBHZ. many kits same back i can easy to 265~280 if it is not defected. some of the kit become sample kit.

So you probably have a better chance of minimal damage during shipping thru G.Skill, and it sounded like he would actually test the new sticks you'd be getting at 255MHz SuperPI 32m in windows on that DFI Ultra-d Opty 165 combo.

I dont know about turn around time with shipping and all, but it does seem like they are happy to help us any way they can..

I've had such trouble with all this I might try RMA just to hear if he has any trouble with them when testing them, but I dont know what I'm going to do yet. Gotta throw this GBZX in to see whats better, Lower timings at 230 or higher timings at 250 (maybe 260 if I RMA). I'll update my other thread with that info when I have it..

Best of luck to you, if you do RMA let me know here what u ended up with, and how the experience was. Course I'll do the same.

kamakazibond

FonTex
04-24-2006, 02:11 PM
This is my first post, so hey all ;) I have same problem, nothing over 250 works
nomather what. It looks like a hit or miss thing(mine was a miss it seems) got
mine last week and has been playing around with it since. Ive tried all the recommended settings in this forum and DFI forum, still no go..:(
The reason i got this ram was to run 1:1 with my opty @ 260 but so far its been a waste of money :stick:
I wonder if there is a chance to rma it?

FonTex
04-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Well it looks like a bios issue, flashed from 3/29 to the new 4/06 and so far problem solved.
Primeing for 2 hours @260, before it would fail within 2-5 minuteshttp://img108.imageshack.us/img108/1792/bananadance5ia.gif
Maybe this can help others with problems over 250 mhz and DFI mobos

Edit: Prime failed while i was writing this post, probaly just a lucky run. Still problems running 250 so i RMAed it
I just hope next set is better:rolleyes:

FonTex
05-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Got a new set, reached 260 as i wanted, now im a happy camper :up:
Now i just have to get my setup in to my vapochill case :wasntme:

GSKILL TECH
05-02-2006, 09:49 AM
:)
if still have problem let us know!

i had talk to our lab and they will test those 2GBHZ harder than before to ensure everyone get some better pair