PDA

View Full Version : Peltier cooling for Cases.

OmegaForte
04-15-2006, 09:20 PM
I saw a case with a "AC unit" in it, and it's just a peltier, rather small one, too. I was wondering if anyone knew about them, and had some advice for a total moron who's hell bent on destorying his PC with one. I wanna get a few and make a room cooler too, since I guarentee it'd be cheaper than running my Airconditioner this summer. I'd appreciate any feedback.

cirthix
04-15-2006, 09:39 PM
peltiers are really ineffecient and i'ts a very poor idea

if you want low temps, get a watercooled pleiter or phase system

peltiers dont just cool things, they pump the heat to the toher side. so if you've got a 200w pelt cooling a 100w source, you'll have 300w of heat coming out one side, it doesnt just disappear. there's a lot of info in the peltier section, read all about it there.

OmegaForte
04-16-2006, 02:06 AM
Ok, project scrapped. Good thing I didn't get started. I don't know enough about phase-change to do anything with it, and the last time I read Anything that had to deal with it; it involved things I suck at, such as not screwing up.

Butcher_
04-16-2006, 05:25 AM
I wanna get a few and make a room cooler too, since I guarentee it'd be cheaper than running my Airconditioner this summer. I'd appreciate any feedback.
I guarantee your AC unit is much cheaper to run. :p

IdaGno
04-22-2006, 04:33 PM
speaking of AC & pelt's, here's something completely different for those of an adventurous streak

the review article linked to is rather olde:) , Sept. 27, 2004 - maybe it's been improved, if it's even still around

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=58&num=1