PDA

View Full Version : question regarding where to get wires for VDD mod on 8RDA

Swiftdeathz
02-11-2003, 07:18 AM
Hey guys... I've read through all the guides on TONS of different forums and sites...

I already placed an order for the SMD grabbers and now just need to get a 1k ohm resister...

My question is in all the pictures I've seen of the mod, I see the resistor or the variable POT connected to some wires...

Where exactly do I go about purchasing the wires needed to connect the resistor to the SMD grabbers?? I'm a huge noob when it comes to doing any voltage mod'ng and need as much help as I can to get this done right...

Thanks for any help you can offer...

Swiftdeathz
02-12-2003, 05:57 AM
Nobody can help me??:(

Spartacus
02-12-2003, 10:43 AM
Just cut up an old telephone cord or use the leads from a bad cooling fan. Check the 'ole junk box.

Swiftdeathz
02-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Ahhh finally someone responded... I was loosing hope..

hehe, thanks alot!! :banana:

glock19owner
02-12-2003, 02:02 PM
If you are in the US, you cna get the wire and resister from Radio Shack for around 5.00 or so...depending on your location.

If you are not usre of the wire size, then just wait until the grabbers are delivered and then take them in to your local Radio Shack and have them fit the grabbers to the correct wire size.

Professor12
02-14-2003, 02:45 PM
Most wire you have laying around the house will do. You can go to home depot or radioshack if your so inclined but basically any copper wire will do just fine.

Rushifell
02-17-2003, 10:55 PM
CAT-5 or phone wire would be fine, I used wrapping wire from radioshack, its quite thin and for soldering it worked beautifully. Its pretty cheap and is usually blue or red on a small 50' spool by all of the other soldering stuff.