PDA

View Full Version : Newbie on Vmodding GF4 MX440 SE...

naughty_guy
02-11-2003, 04:11 AM
Hi,

I currently just bought a GeForce4 MX440 SE built by HSI and it runs @ 250/333 default, and without any modding, i got it running @ 294/391 with the Zalman huge HS and RAM sinks on. I find this really low, and I wanna get higher, so i think the only possible solution is to Vmod it, since my MB doesn't give any AGP voltage adjustment. However, I did set my VIO voltage from 3.4 to 3.6V, which might help it a bit..

I'm a newbie to Vmodding, never tried Vmodding anything. THanks for all your help.

Regards
Naughty

naughty_guy
02-13-2003, 03:14 AM
hello? nobody has this card?

naughty_guy
02-15-2003, 02:53 AM
I've found myself and others who want to do the same thing this site: http://www.vr-zone.com/guides/NVIDIA/MX440VMod/

But i have absolutely no experience with Vmodding, and I dunno wehre to start, i'm only 14!!

Can anyone hlep me out?

DisposableHero
02-17-2003, 01:54 AM
why did you buy an MX?

well just follow what it says on that site.. basically shows you exactly where to solder

naughty_guy
02-17-2003, 06:10 AM
yes i bought an MX440 but a SE version. It bascailly have slower clock on the GPU and the Mem. But the thign is, i have no knowledge on soldering and it has terms that i don't understand. Can someone give me an overview on soldering? Why do i have to get resistors and all that kinds of stuff........??

Regards

naughty_guy
02-21-2003, 04:33 AM
Can someone please explain to me how does Vmodding works and the logic behind it?

Cazzzidy
02-25-2003, 01:40 AM
V modding refers to voltage modding. Basically, in order to get a fat, healthy overclock, voltage to the core and memory of your graphics card has to be increased. In order to do this, people connect resistors to various traces and integrated circuits to change the voltage to any given part of the graphics card. Soldering is a technique of attaching electrical components to each other and PCB boards. A soldering iron is used to heat solder (a combination of metals) into a liquid state. The solder is used like glue to attach the electrical leads together, and when it cools, you have a solid conductive connection between the components.

In all honesty, it doesnt sound like you have the resources, knowledge, or ability to complete a vmod. You risk permanantly damaging you board. I suggest finding a friend or parent who knows a bit about electronics to help you complete the aformentioned schematic.

naughty_guy
03-04-2003, 05:30 AM
ok.. thanks man.. I really appreciate all the help and suggestions.