PDA

View Full Version : What color should I paint my car?

Carlz0r
04-14-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm going to be buying my first car in about 2 months, and there's no way I'm sticking with the stock color. I'm trying to decide between burnt orange, a deep metallic blue, or a gloss black. So, xs, decide for me :D

Slayer2k3
04-14-2006, 10:32 PM
It depends on the car.......

Soulburner
04-14-2006, 11:00 PM
What car?

Carlz0r
04-15-2006, 06:47 AM
Cheap little 1996 Civic DX.

Tanktanium
04-15-2006, 06:57 AM
When you're painting a cheap car, there's really no other option than a basic color, like black, white, or red.

Soulburner
04-15-2006, 07:20 AM
Or none...waste of $.

If you are buying an economy car to save money, why spend it on that same car...

Carlz0r
04-15-2006, 07:21 AM
Because I have a friend who works at an auto paint shop and can get it painted for me for around $300.

NickS
04-15-2006, 07:51 AM
Because I have a friend who works at an auto paint shop and can get it painted for me for around $300.

Plz don't turn it into a ghetto wanna-be tuner, please.

Leave it relitively stock, engine wise. Maybe a K&N air filter for better perf and gas mileage but.. no fat exhaust pipes, gay wheels, or retarded looking body pieces.

Paint it a nice color, have the body restored nicely, and keep the interior in immaculate condition and you will have a car that will sell for prolly double the price you payed.

Nick

mnewxcv
04-15-2006, 07:58 AM
i smell steamed rice....

Carlz0r
04-15-2006, 08:13 AM
i smell steamed rice....
There are no body kits going on it, no fugly spoiler. The only engine mods going on it are a new air intake and a shortshift kit since they're supposed to reduce arm and wrist stress. Considering I have CTS, that would be good for me. The interior is going to be redone to have a nice color scheme to it, and I'm going to add B-Quiet sound dampening material to make it quieter inside. Would definitely be good for resale.

EDIT: Removed personal attack, wasnt thinking when I posted. Sorry mnewxcv.

mnewxcv
04-15-2006, 08:14 AM
sorry. personally i think they look decent in silver.

Carlz0r
04-15-2006, 08:17 AM
sorry. personally i think they look decent in silver.
Yea. I shouldnt have replied that way either. Just a bit messed up. 4 straight days without sleep really messes you up. It just bugs me because everyone says rice as soon as you mention civic. The only reason I'm getting it is because, as a 16 year old, I can't really afford anything else.

[XC] leviathan18
04-15-2006, 08:21 AM
There are no body kits going on it, no fugly spoiler. The only engine mods going on it are a new air intake and a shortshift kit since they're supposed to reduce arm and wrist stress. Considering I have CTS, that would be good for me. The interior is going to be redone to have a nice color scheme to it, and I'm going to add B-Quiet sound dampening material to make it quieter inside. Would definitely be good for resale.

EDIT: Removed personal attack, wasnt thinking when I posted. Sorry mnewxcv.

black i love cars in black thats always a good option... remember color always give you resell option i dont think a lot of ppl is going to buy a car in orange... the only downside of black you need to keep it clean...

interior wise try to keep it clean a metallic dash kit should look nice...

hope you enjoy your car :D

mnewxcv
04-15-2006, 08:28 AM
16 years old its a good car for ya. im 15 right now. idk, i like how they look with stock body and lights in silver with 1" over stock wheels. but thats just me. whats it have now, hub caps?

NickS
04-15-2006, 09:35 AM
16 years old its a good car for ya. im 15 right now. idk, i like how they look with stock body and lights in silver with 1" over stock wheels. but thats just me. whats it have now, hub caps?

14 here. Yeh, stock w/maybe a NICE high quality set of 16" or 17" inchers. Conservative, yes, but it'll look nice.

Try to stay away from chrome, it peels after a bit.

Get some nice tires too that will do good in snow, rain, dry, whatever your climate throws at you :).

A short throw shifter is a good idea yes. Redoing the interior? Sweet. You gotta have piccies in this thread when you're all done :p

Nick

[XC]melymel
04-15-2006, 09:42 AM
Yea. I shouldnt have replied that way either. Just a bit messed up. 4 straight days without sleep really messes you up. It just bugs me because everyone says rice as soon as you mention civic. The only reason I'm getting it is because, as a 16 year old, I can't really afford anything else.

Black as said is great for resale and will always look cool :cool:

You're aloud to drive when your 16 in Canada, B****** :p: i've got to wait until im 17 and then i couldn't insure anything as good as a civic :(

P.S. what does rice stand for?

enjoy your car :toast:

mnewxcv
04-15-2006, 09:48 AM
black looks dirty though unless it just got washed.

Soulburner
04-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Resale?

With a $300 paint job that is going to flake off in a year, I doubt it will hold any resale value.

mnewxcv
04-15-2006, 10:13 AM
Resale?

With a $300 paint job that is going to flake off in a year, I doubt it will hold any resale value.

its a decent paint job is my understanding. He knows someone at the shop so he gets it done cheap.

Carlz0r
04-15-2006, 11:44 AM
Resale?

I'm getting it done for less than the cost of the paint itself. In trade I'm installing all his audio equipment and fixing his computer.

Soulburner
04-15-2006, 12:16 PM
In that case, a light color will be easiest to maintain. Just anything but dark blue or black...

Carlz0r
04-15-2006, 12:39 PM
Black as said is great for resale and will always look cool :cool:

You're aloud to drive when your 16 in Canada, B****** :p: i've got to wait until im 17 and then i couldn't insure anything as good as a civic :(

P.S. what does rice stand for?

enjoy your car :toast:
I can drive at 16, but only if there is a legal driver with full license aged 24+ in the car with me. I can drive by myself at 17. People say rice because (I think) the trend of "ricing" cars started in Japan, and a lot of rice is grown in Japan.

Soulburner
04-15-2006, 12:43 PM
The term "Rice" is used because they are Japanese cars...short for "Rice Burner" which it was originally. It is kind of derogatory referring to the consumption of rice in Japan and the cars literally running off it it...it's stupid, but that's where it started. Now it's used to label any small engine car (usually weak 4 cylinders) with rediculous mods that do very little or nothing to help performance and usually succeed only in making the car uglier...

Carlz0r
04-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Now it's used to label any small engine car (usually weak 4 cylinders) with rediculous mods that do very little or nothing to help performance and usually succeed only in making the car uglier...
Or, in the case of spoilers on FWD cars, it's detrimental to performance. I mean, I can understand an Si light bar spoiler, but putting those huge whale tail spoilers on them just ruins it completely.

[XC] leviathan18
04-15-2006, 08:26 PM
im going to buy an SI anytime soon

and im going to mod the car... turbo gorged pistons coilovers sway bars a nice lip kit 19" ragin hart c4r a nice upgrade in audio system and im sure someone is going to say rice... there is alot of ppl that miss the concept... ive seen thing FUGLY i would call that rice if the parts servers no purpose in there... like a 3" exhaust in N/A stock engine useless or a GT wing or something like that

but if you buy a nice body kit or lip kit you upgrade your engine in inteligent way you can go N/A all motor or F/I and some upgrades to your motor tranny etc suspension brakes... you will have a nice car that you will love other will too and someone is going to hate you can stop that...

but if you are going to do something to your car dont go cheap

mnewxcv
04-16-2006, 06:51 AM
cool. def get a 2.5" diam exhaust though. BUT the important thing is that it doesnt sound like a lawn mower when you rev.

comrad
04-16-2006, 10:43 AM
This is ricer :banana::banana::banana::banana::

http://www.nopinationals.com/2002/carshow/honda/civic9600/Civic%20Black%202.jpg

This is what I like:

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/02images/02sema/mugen_civic.jpg

friedchips
04-16-2006, 09:44 PM
definetely go for black man such a sharp color imo

Carlz0r
04-16-2006, 09:48 PM
This is ricer :banana::banana::banana::banana::

http://www.nopinationals.com/2002/carshow/honda/civic9600/Civic%20Black%202.jpg
Ugg. The only thing semi-decent about that car is the paint-job.

Absolute_0
04-16-2006, 10:13 PM
You guys get choices? What happened to the days when kids had to beg just to get a bad car? :p:

Carlz0r
04-16-2006, 10:15 PM
You guys get choices? What happened to the days when kids had to beg just to get a bad car? :p:
I get choices because I have to work to pay for it. :p: No financial help from parents here :(

Lostfaith
04-16-2006, 11:40 PM
This is what I like:

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/02images/02sema/mugen_civic.jpg

uh:
-bodykit? [V]check
-Fartcan? [V]check
-sticker/logos? [V]check
-unnecessary spoiler on fwd car? [V]check
-oversized blingbling not clearing it's housing? [V]check

conclusion: that's still rice... :p:

lol but I like that civic too, it's decent... and black with gold rims has something classy.

still don't go paying a lot to make your car "look" like that... better start a project car... if you're import crazed a 240sx or something

RWD >>> FWD

Crazy Chuckster
04-19-2006, 09:40 AM
I would go with the burnt orange.

amd4me
04-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Or none...waste of $.

If you are buying an economy car to save money, why spend it on that same car...
My Ramcharger is painted Cadillac pearl.
It's an aftermarket job but it's amazing and look awesome in the sun shine.