PDA

View Full Version : failed DFI RAID install...

Aphex_Tom_9
04-13-2006, 09:04 PM
so i just got 2 160GB SATA2 HD's and installed them today, and decided i wanted to setup RAID through the Nvraid thing immediately. i looked around for tutorials, and most of them seemed to imply that to set it up, i needed to do a fresh windows install on both drives striped through the BIOS, and install the drivers while installing windows. so i decided to create a slipstreamed SP2 xp install cd through nLite, the program that customizes your own install cd, and integrate the drivers as well. i created the ISO for the install, burned it, and went through the typical windows setup with the cd i made and the drivers integrated. i installed it on the RAIDed volume (~298gb), as it was there in the "select drive to install windows to" stage. it went through the typical install steps, then when it rebooted to enter the new install, it rebooted, went to the windows loading screen and....reset...and rebooted, and came to the "select windows install to boot" screen, i chose the first one and...reset...so it seems the install on the RAIDed volume just wont boot...what could be wrong??

Aphex_Tom_9
04-15-2006, 10:06 AM
ooook, so i took what i thought would be the safe route and used my original XP install cd, not an iso from nlite, and a floppy with the drivers. it appeared to install correctly, but again, on reboot i dont reset immediately, but it bluescreens...what the hell is going on?

Jupiler
04-15-2006, 11:42 AM
I had some initial problems too after I created a slipstreamed XP cd with nlite 1.07.
Everything installed fine until the final reboot. After starting, it gave me a BSOD and rebooted. I used the 6.70 nvidia drivers.
Tried the same with the 6.85 drivers integrated, but the same thing happened (reboots and BSOD after finalizing installation).
Made a 3th cd, this time with the 6.53 drivers and it worked fine now.
I don't know what happened, I followed the instructions as stated here :

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=51140

Maybe you should try like i did, with the 6.53 drivers.

Aphex_Tom_9
04-15-2006, 10:15 PM
well, i decided to just use an sp2 slipstreamed cd and made a fresh floppy with the drivers, and did it again, and it worked. thanks anyway.