PDA

View Full Version : silverstone eb01 + headphones need help

ocmyface
04-12-2006, 04:45 PM
i jsut bought the silverstone EB01 USB sound card the other day. before i begin let me say that the sound quality on this thing is unbelievable, especially for the price. i was blown away by the clarity and richness when hooked up to my krk rok-it 5's.

but i have a problem. when i hook the eb01 to my AKG K44 headphones (awesome headphones, highly recommended and only 20bucks) i get crazy static. yes i know that your supposed to hook the eb01 to an amp first, but the weird thing is that if i stretch the cord on my headphones and make it taunt. all the static disappears, as soon as i let go it comes back. but my cheap sony mdr v150s have no static when hooked up.

it seems like the headphones are picking up the current running through the headphone cord and causing the static. my roommate says that he thinks that too much power is being pushed through the cord. any ideas?

Slayer2k3
04-14-2006, 09:22 AM
I think your roomate might be on to something, but it's od that it goes away when you stretch ou the cord.

For the heck of it, go to radioshack er somewhere, and get a headphone extender cable. Should be like $2-7 for about a 6' length. I'm curious to see if it still does it when the added cable is used.

ocmyface
04-14-2006, 05:48 PM
well. once we hooked it up to a preamp it went away.