PDA

View Full Version : lian li prometeia adon kits UK price £111

Ewok
02-10-2003, 12:04 PM
UK Pricing for the 3 little silver panels and a few screws is £111. now for less than that you can buy an ENTIRE brand new lian li case with a nice window, and all you get in this is 3 side panels a couple of brackets and some screws.

That, to me, is a joke after youve already paid £425+ for the base in the first place. and it doesnt look like they are going to offer the base unt with this kit already on it instead of the standard black one either.

Mr Footlong
02-10-2003, 01:54 PM
Dude, where have you seen that?

I have placed my preorder on the coshop.nl site.

Cheers,

Nick :)

Ewok
02-10-2003, 02:24 PM
http://www.cpucity.co.uk/ACATALOG/Prometeia_cases.html

£100 for a nice complete lian li case - fine
£111 for 3 bits of aluminium and some screws? - jesus christ I dont think so!

The prometeia is overpriced as it is, compared to the vapochill even if it is better, im SURE they never used to cost this much.

NyCUndaGrounD
02-10-2003, 03:48 PM
I just modded my prometeia to look just like the aluminum add-on kit. Im telling you from experience, just buy another lian-li case and cut it in half and put the prometeia in it. It would be a major project but u will happy wit the results.

my comp. is screwed up now (using a freinds comp.), ill post pics of the gap and amy front bezel for the prometeia i made out of a lian-li pc76.

Gamer67
02-11-2003, 12:59 AM
Flippin rediculous !!

Classic example of the bend over and get reamed attitude in the UK as far as pricing..

I now buy my gear via the states when ever possible and have it sent over as a "gift".. to avoid the rediculous VAT

Mr Footlong
02-22-2003, 07:36 AM
As I needed it fairly urgently, I order it from Cpucity at that price. I had spoken to the overclocking store first about if they were getting them in soon and they didn't have a clue. 2 days after my kit arrived, they started stocking them @ £93.99 Inc Vat
and Delivery. Sod's law eh?

Chers,

Nick :)

TodB
02-22-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Gamer67
Flippin rediculous !!

Classic example of the bend over and get reamed attitude in the UK as far as pricing..

I now buy my gear via the states when ever possible and have it sent over as a "gift".. to avoid the rediculous VAT

Nice avatar........ I wonder where did you get it from?!? :rolleyes:

Lunatic
02-24-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Gamer67
Flippin rediculous !!

where do you buy your stuff ? :)