PDA

View Full Version : C#

Deadeye550
04-11-2006, 12:08 PM
I was wondering if you guys knew any good books for learning C#. I am starting to grasp the concepts of C++ and have been coding in java for a little bit now. I plan to pick up a C# bible of some sort but I would also like a few books for examples and explanation of code given.

If I can get the book title & author that would be great

Thanks

eshbach
04-11-2006, 03:25 PM
I was wondering if you guys knew any good books for learning C#. I am starting to grasp the concepts of C++ and have been coding in java for a little bit now. I plan to pick up a C# bible of some sort but I would also like a few books for examples and explanation of code given.

If I can get the book title & author that would be great

Thanks

if you know java and C++ then you really don't need a book on C#. It's basically a java-style class structure with the .NET concept of namespace and pointers similar to managed C++.

Something Sexy
04-11-2006, 03:40 PM
I agree. There are also plently of online tutorials out there. But if you do want to pick up a book I have had this one since the beginning and it taught me well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0764557599/sr=8-4/qid=1144802159/ref=pd_bbs_4/102-7078590-1826561?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Although this is the 3rd, I think I have the 2nd Edition with the guys face on half the cover. I thought it was a very good book, taught my a few things, but like Eshbach said, I knew most of it from C++ and Java.

Deadeye550
04-12-2006, 06:16 AM
ok great, thanks for the info. I still like to have a book handy if a I get a brain fart and need to look something up.