PDA

View Full Version : Bad ram

Metalkobra
04-11-2006, 04:40 AM
I just recieved my pair of the 2GBHZ kit from newegg yesterday, I installed the ram, set all BIOS settings back to stock first, set timings to 3-4-4-8 @2.7v and I tried to boot to windows but it wouldnt load right, I then used memtest to scan for errors, I ended up with 300+ errors, should I RMA the RAM or is there something I can do? I ordered through newegg so I assume I should RMA through newegg.

thankls.

kbtat2
04-11-2006, 06:14 AM
I had the exact same thing happen to me. Newegg took about 2 weeks to get the new ram back to me but everything has been pretty good since then.

GSKILL TECH
04-11-2006, 08:12 AM
I just recieved my pair of the 2GBHZ kit from newegg yesterday, I installed the ram, set all BIOS settings back to stock first, set timings to 3-4-4-8 @2.7v and I tried to boot to windows but it wouldnt load right, I then used memtest to scan for errors, I ended up with 300+ errors, should I RMA the RAM or is there something I can do? I ordered through newegg so I assume I should RMA through newegg.

thankls.
tell me your computer spec 1st, maybe some bios setting so we can help
we get so many rma and about 75% of them is good.
sometime we contact customer and found out the bios is not proper setting. let me know your spec maybe we can fix it. anyways you still have our warranty and 30days return & exchange from newegg

Metalkobra
04-11-2006, 08:56 AM
My specs are as follows:

DFI Lan Party UT Ultra-D
XFX 7800GT
2x36gb raptors in raid 0
250gb sata
Antec truepower 550W PSU
Sound Blaster X-Fi
LG combo drive

I really hope its some BIOS settings I already requested an RMA just in case.

GSKILL TECH
04-11-2006, 09:22 AM
do u check this thread?
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=95044

Metalkobra
04-11-2006, 09:35 AM
I never saw that thread, but do you think this will work for me? I just updated the BIOS to 6/23/3 because I had some modded BIOS...

Also, how come the settings are SO specific lol, I know theres a guide on DFI street which lists what each value means and does, but how do you know what to set it to like that?