PDA

View Full Version : current best intel chip excluding conroe memrom yonah and dothan

pocketbikeuk
04-10-2006, 05:06 AM
anyone tell me what the best current chip is cedar mill or somethin else? im currently a 3.4ghz amd opteron user but want 2 know how the best current intel chip will compare as i prepare for the switch to conroe in a few months as amd obviously wont keep up especially as i like phase coolin amd is a pain in the :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

dinos22
04-10-2006, 05:09 AM
if you are really itching to change right now.....only Yonah with possible merom upgrade will do........i wouldn't bother with anything else as no motherboards of today support Conroes so you'll have to buy another mobo

there are some ES meroms around already so hopefully fugger/mike or someone can enlighten us if meroms will work with Aopen 975X or some of the 945GT mobos.....that way you've got a guarantees upgrade from yonah to conroe equivalent in merom later on :)

Thorburn
04-10-2006, 06:02 AM
I'd say a Pentium D is the best intrim processor, but you have to watch for motherboard compatibility if you are hoping to move to Conroe.