PDA

View Full Version : Michelin has BS prices?

Celeron Gamer
04-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Looking for damaged tire replacement, and checked the model, and it was a Michelin Pilot MXM4, and it costs $240 per tire direct from Michelin. No stores had them.

Are these MXM4's really worth their $240?

btw, I'd only need to replace 1 tire

TSXmike
04-08-2006, 12:40 PM
i wouldnt think theyre worth it... but i also dislike michelin tires...

why not try a different brand? or do you want to keep all the same tires on the vehicle?

Delirious
04-08-2006, 12:44 PM
Thats alot for one tire, have u checked www.tirerack.com to see if they have them?

Celeron Gamer
04-08-2006, 12:48 PM
The tire needs replacement ASAP, so I don't think shipping would work. Hence the conern for the price, and the fact all stores need to order them. I could go back to dealership, but it may skyrocket to something rediculous like $300

Delirious
04-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Either way thats rediculous, i paid less than $300 for 4 tires, they arent as good as the michelin but they are still good tires.

I would just get two new ones ,if you can for that price, for the front or back.

amduser
04-10-2006, 11:29 PM
ehm, other good brands are not realy cheaper :slap: and the tires are worth that price.

TheDude
04-11-2006, 01:21 AM
I have used nothing but Michelin tires for the past 30 years and have no regrets. That's a high performance tire and a good one but the price sounds a bit high. What size do you need? The bigger the size the more money of course. Try this link...free shipping too. :up:
They are located in Scottsdale, AZ

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireProductCategoryDetailBrnd.do?tpc=MMIHHF

pissboy
04-11-2006, 06:08 PM
The tire needs replacement ASAP, so I don't think shipping would work. Hence the conern for the price, and the fact all stores need to order them. I could go back to dealership, but it may skyrocket to something rediculous like $300

as mentioned before.. check tirerack. I ordered 4 tires from them with ground shipping and received them overnight.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+HX+MXM4

Thats what you want, just pick your size.

Celeron Gamer
04-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks guys, I found a dealership that sold it for $240, and instant shipping. So I fixed it by today :D