PDA

View Full Version : Problem with "ATI rage theater video NSP".

KODE
04-05-2006, 04:30 AM
Hi Fellas,

I just bought a X850XT PE AGP ViVo, and I noticed under "device manager" I got an exclamation mark on "ATI rage theater video NSP". It says the "device could not be initialized - code 10). The card is working perfect on games/Programs but I noticed asynch video/sound on certain media files.

This was after a full fresh OS install:

Windows XP Pro SP2
Nforce drivers: International Remix 3.22
Dotnet 1.1
Catalyst 6.3 CCC
Onboard sound/LAN.

I browsed the web an found lot's similar problems, but none of them had a solution. Should I install any particular catalyst drivers/Apps for ViVo cards? Please help me out fellas!

P.S I noticed two very tiny dip switches near the rage theater chip and the AGP connector, is that for NTSC/PAL thingy?

Best Regards,

KODE.

KODE
04-05-2006, 07:56 AM
Update: I tested the card on another PC based on Nforce1 chipset and no more "code 10" message, the Rage theater insatalled normally under Device manager.

One guy reported that he solved the problem by changing PSU's, I think it's worth a try.

Jamo
04-05-2006, 12:51 PM
i have had this happen on a build i did someone before, tryed everything to sort it, only thing that worked was another format and fresh install - sorted :s

bigval
04-05-2006, 08:58 PM
I doubt it is because of a powersupply. Have you tried switching drivers or re-installing a different driver? Are there any utilities you need to use for that card?

KODE
04-08-2006, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the reply fellas,

It's indeed a voltage problem, If I set the PSU 3.3v rail to anything above 3.4v I got the dreaded "code 10" message under device manager, Really weird.

Could this be a sign of some toasted component on the video card? or just a bad card not being able to handle the extra voltage?