PDA

View Full Version : Cold Bug Help!!!

StoneRhino
04-04-2006, 07:04 AM
I RMA'ed a 4400+ cause a pin broke of at the base not the pin itself. The whole base ripped off the chip for some reason. Anyway they told me that never happens and that if it was the only pin they would accept the RMA.

Called me back and I guess they changed there mind and told me that the warrenty was viod. But they will offer a gift chip in it's stead. They told me they send me a 3800+. I told them that I would like to keep my cache size so they offered me a 165 opteron.

I took it. Needless to say this chip is amazing. On air it does 2.9 per core prime stable for 12 hours at 1.48 volts. On water it does 3.1 per core prime stable I only tested for 7 hours, at 1.55 volts.

My problem is I use phase on my main rig. The chip will only go to 305 htt with the memory on a 100 divider the lowest divider.

:( I know if there is something I could do this chip will scream under phase.

I need to get the HTT and memory up under phase any tricks I could use?

I have already played with even data and drive strength combination.

ncc-1709
04-04-2006, 07:13 AM
they dont do sod all. mess with the max asnyc.
if tis too cold, the memory controler just goes. but most are hitting 360 before that happens.
ive had mine at 340 on ltd 3x, 360 on 2.5 and 2x.

ChkDsk
04-04-2006, 07:23 AM
I RMA'ed a 4400+ cause a pin broke of at the base not the pin itself. The whole base ripped off the chip for some reason. Anyway they told me that never happens and that if it was the only pin they would accept the RMA.

Called me back and I guess they changed there mind and told me that the warrenty was viod. But they will offer a gift chip in it's stead. They told me they send me a 3800+. I told them that I would like to keep my cache size so they offered me a 165 opteron.

I took it. Needless to say this chip is amazing. On air it does 2.9 per core prime stable for 12 hours at 1.48 volts. On water it does 3.1 per core prime stable I only tested for 7 hours, at 1.55 volts.

My problem is I use phase on my main rig. The chip will only go to 305 htt with the memory on a 100 divider the lowest divider.

:( I know if there is something I could do this chip will scream under phase.

I need to get the HTT and memory up under phase any tricks I could use?

I have already played with even data and drive strength combination.

I guess you got yourself a CCB1E 0608MPMW then?

StoneRhino
04-04-2006, 08:39 AM
Are you saying raise the max asny?

Viss
04-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Give a weak drive strength and a higher max async latency & read preamble a try.