PDA

View Full Version : XFI oddness?

Mr.Kakarot
04-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Hmmm, so it continues. I put my computer to stock just to check my sound card issues.... they still remain. I have fully removed and re installed the drivers, changed pci slots and even tried it on another hdd with its own OS.

I get static in the right side of my headphones, yes I tried 2 different pairs.

The volume was at 100% but I have lowered it to about 75%, this made it better but I can still hear static in games, music etc...

needless to say its annoying. Thoughts and ideas?
(clean install, latest dfi bios, device manager looks good etc)

I think its the card... (cmss is enabled, sounds better with it off though :P)

physics_geek
04-04-2006, 03:12 AM
Uninstall, clean the driver registry, and then reinstall your XFi driver. Works for me.

Mr.Kakarot
04-04-2006, 04:56 AM
Well without getting into in full detail, I have ton everything and anything. I even have 2 seperate hdds, with 2 clean installs. Same result. I never had to re install for a sound card, lol

However, I did do a full remove - registry and all... then install, other headphones, hdd, os etc
static in the right ear

thx

physics_geek
04-04-2006, 11:12 PM
Have you updated your bios, and chipset driver?

Mr.Kakarot
08-16-2006, 09:35 AM
slow response, lol

Yes, I have tried EVERYTHING... including a new pc, new set up, formats... updates

Recently I gave it another try, caused complete system instability.... funny thing is it worked that evening... morning reboot caused havoc. Static, locks etc

Gonna rma it

thx

Sanborn
08-16-2006, 11:10 AM
lol 4 months later................................

imo to me it sounds like bad hardware on the x-fi and nothing more.

dig412
08-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Yeah, if you've tried everything and it's still intermittently faulty, then its the card, not your pc.

Mr.Kakarot
08-16-2006, 05:47 PM
lol 4 months later................................

imo to me it sounds like bad hardware on the x-fi and nothing more.

Yea at first I just turned the master volume to 50% and lived with the minor static (I am pretty lazy)

But then recently the mic would cut in and out, and then system instability. With the card out the machine is running great.

[XC] moddolicous
08-16-2006, 05:52 PM
The one thing I know about sound cards is it should be put as far away as it can from any other card to prevent from interferance (not sure of the technical terms). Heck, one last try shouldnt kill ya. Also, make sure there are no IRQ issues.

zoob
08-17-2006, 07:37 AM
Check if your electrical wiring is of bad quality. I live near some streetcars (TTC) and occasionally I can hear noise from it through my speakers.

I also recall a time at my place of residence where certain electronics plugged in the house caused some repeated ticking noises. Very weird, and it eventually went away.

Mr.Kakarot
08-18-2006, 03:28 PM
thx all, but its been a few machines, few installs etc... only pci card inserted. The last time it caused my whole system to go CRAZY, no problems since its been out

thx