PDA

View Full Version : Any way to switch sli on and off quickly ?

carmelo
04-03-2006, 11:35 AM
I run a multi display setup and as we all know these do not work with sli. I find it annoying to go into the settings and manually turn sli on and off. I was hoping to find some one who knew if there was a way I could turn sli on and off and enable/disable my monitors with a small program or something along those lines.

freecableguy
04-03-2006, 06:19 PM
reach down and quickly pull one card out, walla! no more SLI!

2gigs
04-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Nope,

I personally find no reason to even do dual monitors, i personally use a laptop aside of my gaming rig. I am typing on this laptop right now. It is a good investment, as you can get a duron 8-00 alppy from 150-200 bucks, and does the job

OmegaMerc
04-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Nope,

I personally find no reason to even do dual monitors, i personally use a laptop aside of my gaming rig. I am typing on this laptop right now. It is a good investment, as you can get a duron 8-00 alppy from 150-200 bucks, and does the job

I have my plasma hooked up to my rig, and I have the same issue, its just nicer to watch TV/movies on the big screen.

nn_step
04-03-2006, 08:21 PM
I believe there is an option under SLi that you can click it on and off.

OmegaMerc
04-03-2006, 08:27 PM
I believe there is an option under SLi that you can click it on and off.

Yeah i think he knows this, but he was looking for a quick on/off shortcut to the desktop or something of the likes.

2gigs
04-03-2006, 11:34 PM
i guess you can always revert back to single card

carmelo
04-04-2006, 06:38 AM
It's been awhile since I’ve posted on these forums, and I just realized how much I don’t miss the sarcasm most of you like to post with. Its pretty annoying to have a question be “I’m thirsty what should I drink” and a response to that would be “We did your mom buy you pop tarts for breakfast”. It’s sad how people make time to post dumb :banana::banana::banana::banana: all day.

Any way before people assume I don’t need dual monitors, let explain why I do use them. I use them for work, end of story.

Omega thank you …. The rest … useless.

I hope you all come back here and rant how I’m a :banana::banana::banana::banana: for posting this, it’ll just further prove to me how waste full you spend your days.

Jarrod1937
04-05-2006, 06:46 PM
It's been awhile since I’ve posted on these forums, and I just realized how much I don’t miss the sarcasm most of you like to post with. Its pretty annoying to have a question be “I’m thirsty what should I drink” and a response to that would be “We did your mom buy you pop tarts for breakfast”. It’s sad how people make time to post dumb :banana::banana::banana::banana: all day.

Any way before people assume I don’t need dual monitors, let explain why I do use them. I use them for work, end of story.

Omega thank you …. The rest … useless.

I hope you all come back here and rant how I’m a :banana::banana::banana::banana: for posting this, it’ll just further prove to me how waste full you spend your days.
wow... this has to be the dumbest post i've read in a while... (well not the dumbest but pretty retarded). people here were trying to help you and those who weren't... who cares! i'm not here to rant but just to tell you not to take everything so seriously.... seriously

Butcher_
04-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Is popping the panel open (takes 2 clicks) really such a chore?

Back in the early days of SLI you had to reboot to switch it on and off! Count yourself lucky.

OmegaMerc
04-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Is popping the panel open (takes 2 clicks) really such a chore?

Back in the early days of SLI you had to reboot to switch it on and off! Count yourself lucky.

That was such an old grumpy man post lol :lol:

afireinside
04-06-2006, 02:31 PM
don't worry, 2gigs is join nbk, bad posts are to be expected.