PDA

View Full Version : iPod shuffle went through the Wash

Shelnutt2
03-30-2006, 03:54 AM
Hey guys,

My iPod Shuffle jsut went through the wash machine adn dryer. It loosk dry but feels a little damp, or it just feels clean I guess. How should dry it even more? I haven't turned it on yet. Thanks.

Butcher_
03-30-2006, 04:05 AM
Leave it for several days in a dry place. It's probably toast though - LCDs really don't like being submerged in water.

NickS
03-30-2006, 04:47 AM
Shuffles don't have LCD's :p.

Nick

Shelnutt2
03-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Alright I think I'll hit it wil the blow dryer for 20 minutes, and then leave it be till tomorrow night, and test it then.

Yeah Shuffles do not have LCD screens.

When my flash drive went trhoguh the wash it was fine after a day in the sun.

I think I was saved though because the littel fabric case I have for it I had put the shuffle in upside down. So the earphone jack, and the buttons were completely covered with fabric instead of being exposed directly to the water.

Butcher_
03-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Ah, no LCD then it should be fine, as long as the battery is intact.

IYP
03-30-2006, 04:25 PM
open er up and dry her out

uOpt
03-31-2006, 05:39 AM
If you cannot open it I would dry it for two weeks, changing orientation every day.

Shelnutt2
03-31-2006, 11:47 AM
After some boucing back and forth at OCforums, it was decided that becasue it went through the drier also it is probably ok. I've let it dry for 2 days now. I just tried it a few minutes ago, and litteraly "Music to My Ears". Now I was not dumb enough to actually have the headphones on when I turn it on. INfact I was wearign some rubber gloves...just in case. I know the whole thing is plastic, but I was taking no chances. Thanks guys!

einCe
04-01-2006, 01:41 AM
After some boucing back and forth at OCforums, it was decided that becasue it went through the drier also it is probably ok. I've let it dry for 2 days now. I just tried it a few minutes ago, and litteraly "Music to My Ears". Now I was not dumb enough to actually have the headphones on when I turn it on. INfact I was wearign some rubber gloves...just in case. I know the whole thing is plastic, but I was taking no chances. Thanks guys!
LOL i seriously doubt an ipod shuffle can shock you enough for you to feel pain, even fully submerged in water. but i guess its better to be safe than sorry :D

Butcher_
04-01-2006, 06:55 AM
Not enough juice to shock you, no. More likely is for it to short the board somewhere and horribly die, or for the battery to leak.
Glad to hear it survived though. :)

Slayer2k3
04-01-2006, 05:05 PM
I let my Shuffle go through the wash on several occasions, and I have to admit, 1 dryer session...:slap:

Amazingly, I haven't killed this thing yet. It's a persistant.....thing.....and it seems very resiliant.