PDA

View Full Version : Builder Vs. Listener Round 1

bullet2urbrain
03-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Frisch.. here is your space buddy, Fill us in with your thoughts about the Lack of Sound quality in Built For Computer Speakers.

Specifically the "PC Mag Kick A** " Logitech Z5500.

Cheers M8

nn_step
03-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Dude Normal users can not tell the difference between a $5,000 headphones and $50 headphones.. but a true AudioPhile can.
Leave it at that.

Revv23
03-27-2006, 09:21 PM
the 5500's are good for the money... at $250 id get a few set for family members and still have alot left over

at the same time it doesnt even come close to the 2 speaker setup i use for my personal pc.

JoeBar
03-28-2006, 06:03 AM
It all depends on what u use your pc mainly for.
I love my Megaworks 550 THX but after 3+ years i'm thinking of upgrading them to something better. From what i've seen z5500 are the set to go at this time. If only i didn't like Logitech... :p:
In my opinion if i would like the best sound for music, i would setup a hi-fi system and not a pc. ;)

bullet2urbrain
03-28-2006, 08:47 AM
Dude Normal users can not tell the difference between a $5,000 headphones and $50 headphones.. but a true AudioPhile can.
Leave it at that.

um how bout you leave this thread.. and leave it in its intended direction? Kthx

this is an attempt to have a discussion (public) between the builder/designer of a sound system and a trained listener/musician

Plywood99
03-29-2006, 05:13 PM
(I read other thread)

I used to build competition car systems too. And have had really good setups in my home.

Your average pc speakers will over boost the lows and the highs, and generally make a mockery of the sound spectrum. All while producing some of the best distortion money can buy. ;) But some are better than others. The Logitech's are not bad speakers at all. Especially when you consider the price.

Revv23
03-29-2006, 05:20 PM
(I read other thread)

I used to build competition car systems too. And have had really good setups in my home.

Your average pc speakers will over boost the lows and the highs, and generally make a mockery of the sound spectrum. All while producing some of the best distortion money can buy. ;) But some are better than others. The Logitech's are not bad speakers at all. Especially when you consider the price.

well said, i bought a set of 5500's for my dorm room because my 2-speaker klipsch setup was way too big, and its good quality sound, i honestly dont think youll find anything even close to it for the money it costs... im even planning on useing it as my surround sound setup in my apartment next year..certainly it doesnt even come close to my tower speakers, but then again i didnt expect it too, if someone can produce better speakers for the money, then they deserve a standing ovation, because i consider this setup better then what most of my friends have, and i paid alot less.

Jokester_wild
03-29-2006, 05:29 PM
Or you could all do what i do and not try and use crapy comp speakers. I run my sound out from my comp to my Harmon/Kardon amp thus having good sound quality.

bullet2urbrain
03-29-2006, 06:18 PM
precisely...

i guess i'll tip my hand.. since i never really had anything, the mid's are empty on this set, the more i listen to them the more i noticed it. the bass is def. there but its boomy as opposed to tight crisp bass.. same basic design provides adequate staging and theres lots of "idiot proof" feathers... swivel bases and things that are generally nice to have.

its the people who make comments like Jokester wild, they are NOT crappy by any means, for the price (as stated above) they are probably the best you can buy,

i wanted to continue this thread outside of the original because it didnt belong there.

Bottom Line: for the money and ease and piece of mind/convieniece there is not a better set, No other Speaker set in a box can touch the Z5500's

and yes i own 3 of them... wanna talk about loud?

Frisch
03-29-2006, 06:34 PM
@b2ub
I'm not forgetting this, but i'm down on my knees with the flu.
My brain is not able to function, at a matter of fact, i don't even know how i'm able to type this ATHJUUUUUUUU.
With the words of arnold "I'LL BE BACK"

PS
Why don't you talk a little about housing, the acustic room for the membran.
I had a look at your choice, and the housing looked, compared to pro, crappy.

See you
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz

bullet2urbrain
03-29-2006, 06:38 PM
Frisch,
Take your time, the flu is so bad i cant even understand what your last couple of sentences mean :D ;)

Feel Better Soon Sir.

Frisch
03-29-2006, 06:38 PM
Double up

Again, forgive what i write in this state of not well being. I just noticed, i called them crappy. wrong word.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Frisch
03-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Frisch,
Take your time, the flu is so bad i cant even understand what your last couple of sentences mean :D ;)

Feel Better Soon Sir.
Third is a charm

I'll try to get back in a state, where the luxus of communication, will smile at me again.

PS
You should ban that guy, who called your setup crappy.

Jokester_wild
03-29-2006, 09:35 PM
precisely...

i guess i'll tip my hand.. since i never really had anything, the mid's are empty on this set, the more i listen to them the more i noticed it. the bass is def. there but its boomy as opposed to tight crisp bass.. same basic design provides adequate staging and theres lots of "idiot proof" feathers... swivel bases and things that are generally nice to have.

its the people who make comments like Jokester wild, they are NOT crappy by any means, for the price (as stated above) they are probably the best you can buy,

i wanted to continue this thread outside of the original because it didnt belong there.

Bottom Line: for the money and ease and piece of mind/convieniece there is not a better set, No other Speaker set in a box can touch the Z5500's

and yes i own 3 of them... wanna talk about loud?

It is all in what level of sound your ear precives as quality. Ive never liked the sound ive heard from those and other Logitech computer speakers; The only speakers i have listen to and was very impressed by where the Klipsch line.

Revv23
03-30-2006, 02:22 PM
It is all in what level of sound your ear precives as quality. Ive never liked the sound ive heard from those and other Logitech computer speakers; The only speakers i have listen to and was very impressed by where the Klipsch line.

klipsh line is 3x the price, and ive heard both right next to each other... they are about the same imo...

im an audiophile too, like i said i have a high end reciever/tower speaker setup so i can tell whats good and whats not.