PDA

View Full Version : New easy to install watercooling... looks like a POS....

KnightElite
02-06-2003, 07:13 AM
http://www.1coolpc.com/waterx.htm

I must say that from looking at it, I'm not very impressed. With something like this, there should be worse performance than a comparatively cheaper air cooler. The reason being that the surface area is more or less the same as the average 60mm heatsink, and less than most 80mm heatsinks, while not moving more air through the system, and adding two extra thermal resistances (block to water, water to radiator) into the setup.

As far as I can tell, this thing might sell, but it will only be to people who understand nothing at all about heat transfer....

pulverizer
02-06-2003, 09:31 AM
"First off, this is one of those, "Why didn't I think of this before?" ideas and secondly, it's so simple that it's brilliant. This is the perfect cooler for those of you would like water cooling but don't feel like messing with the complexity of a typical water cooler install and maintenance. You stick it on just like a regular heatsink and fan but you get all the benefits of water cooling. What could be better?"

Haha, all the benifits of real water cooling, yeah right. I am sure it will not perform any better than a typical air HS. It is also very ugly. Plus the fact that it relies on the heat to move the water to the top, I do not think this would be too effective, as the water is going to always be around the boiling point of water around the core, there is not enough of it so that it will be any cooler.

TheDude
02-06-2003, 09:51 AM
Hey now guys, be fair. I bet it would work great ......for hard boiling eggs in the morning.:D

g.l.amour
02-06-2003, 12:40 PM
guess it would be good for cooling anything under a p3-667. added benifit would be that u would have bragging rights for owning a H2O setup... i'd rather spit at that fan to get that watercooling feeling.

Tweaked!
02-06-2003, 12:58 PM
That thing looks like it would be way too much weight on the socket, and where's the damn pump??? Everything all in one one the socket??? What were these bozo's thinking? I can see a flock of newbs buying this and killing their setups:doh:

pulverizer
02-06-2003, 01:43 PM
There is no pump.

KnightElite
02-06-2003, 04:51 PM
There is a pump, if you read the whole spiel they inform us that there is. Must be built into the block, maybe? Or in that contraption on the side?

Anyways, looks like a notch inferior to air cooling :D.

Craig
02-06-2003, 06:28 PM
......."I'd rather spit at the fan..............."

:lol: :thumbsup: A great line man :rocker: :rocker: