PDA

View Full Version : vapochill problems

dropadrop
02-06-2003, 12:23 AM
Hiya!

I'm writing for a friend, who's having a bit of problems with his vapochill, and new setup. He got an epox 8rda rev 1.1, xp2100+, and 2 sticks of corsair xms 3200 memory. The harddrives are all scsi, and he has a gf4 4200.

After setting it up, the computer is extremly unstable. It's reading temps of over 20 degreese on the processor, and around -30 for the compressor. (sorry if I don't know all the terms, I don't have phasechange personally...)

After alot of fighting, he even managed to get win2k installed, but it still keeps on crashing all the time. After crashing, when he tries to restart, he gets a C1 error, reffering to the memory. He's tried with the sticks separatly, in all diferant slots, but there's no diferance. He checked that the head was seated well on the processor, and it seems that the fluid has spread very evenly. He has'nt flashed the bios, as the computer is not really stable enough to count on it staying up for long enough. It often crashes even when booting and going into bios.

Can it be reading the temps wrong? He has had the vapochill for some time, and never had any problems with his previous setup.

TheDude
02-06-2003, 06:28 AM
The only thing I can think of is to have him press the ram very firmly into the slot, but not hard enough to crack the mobo. Epox is known for tight fitting ram slots.

dropadrop
02-06-2003, 08:14 AM
Can't really push it in more. The strange thing is that as long as it's completly cold, it boots. He just flashed the new bios, and no differance... As soon as it's been running for a while it shuts down, and then gives the C1 error. It's not even overclocked yet. Anyway, I think he's taking the mobo back to the shop.