PDA

View Full Version : sycroneyes at school

sin0822
03-23-2006, 10:10 AM
we got a program called syncron eyes that shows the librarians what we do on our screens, how can we get rid of it or trick it?

Disposibleteen
03-23-2006, 10:15 AM
End task in the task manager? You could also disable it from starting upon boot but unless your IT department is a bunch of noobs they should have something in place to reenable it and boot fresh every time.

angra
03-23-2006, 10:20 AM
we got a program called syncron eyes that shows the librarians what we do on our screens, how can we get rid of it or trick it?

if they own the computers, ultimately, you can never be really safe.

if they want to monitor usage, it's an uphill battle to stop them. Best bet is just to find another machine to use if you don't want to be watched.

sin0822
03-23-2006, 10:44 AM
see its a public school so technically i paid for them. but who cares, ill :banana::banana::banana::banana: with em all i want, they wont do anything ill just shuthte computer down. They are noobs at everything, but its a hidden process.

Disposibleteen
03-23-2006, 11:18 AM
The other thing to look out for is the fact that i bet they made you sign an acceptable use policy for the computers and in there you will probably find a clause about tampering with the computer's or their configuration and this would be a blatant violation of that. When people violate that policy at my school they get kicked off for good so be careful.

sin0822
03-23-2006, 12:49 PM
i got a couple strikes, yeah i didnt eve sign one, i jsut log on the journalism accoutn.

NickS
03-23-2006, 01:16 PM

They do this to us in the "Language Lab," I got after school detention for visiting XS once. :(

I skipped it tho. :p:

Nick

Carlz0r
03-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Check in Services. Our computers here have a program called Vision on them, and you can just end the service.

ZX7891
03-23-2006, 01:40 PM
boot off usb drive FTW

Serra
03-23-2006, 02:18 PM
boot off usb drive FTW

2nd that

see its a public school so technically i paid for them.

No, your parents did. And somehow I bet they wouldn't want you doing whatever you're doing when you're supposed to be learning. ;)

but who cares, ill :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: with em all i want, they wont do anything ill just shuthte computer down.

Very grown up. That sure takes me back to my Jr. High days...

They are noobs at everything, but its a hidden process.

Considering there are about 30 ways around it... at least 4 of which come immediately to mind... I'd be leaning towards saying they powned you if you couldn't come up with 1. If they're "noobs at everything", I'd hate to think what that makes you.

Serra

NickS
03-23-2006, 02:24 PM
boot off usb drive FTW

Pocket Firefox/GAIM ftw. :D

Nick

madman2233
03-23-2006, 02:29 PM
Check in Services. Our computers here have a program called Vision on them, and you can just end the service.

i installed vision on a couple computer labs in my school, an easy way that i found to disable it is goto the install directory (program files\master solutions\vision) and run the .exe program in there. it is the program that configures vision, so you can set it to run manually and shut it off, or to mess with the teachers, configure it so it points to a different classroom on the other side of the school.

wwwww
03-23-2006, 02:31 PM
We had one of them at the high school I went to, just needed to hold shift down on startup and then done.

NWEng
03-23-2006, 02:41 PM
The easiest solution is the one most overlooked. Simply don't use the computers in the library. By paying taxes does not make them "yours"; however, if you wish to test the judicial waters by tampering with city/county/school property, by all means do so. Let us know how it works out for you.

angra
03-23-2006, 03:13 PM
The easiest solution is the one most overlooked. Simply don't use the computers in the library. By paying taxes does not make them "yours"; however, if you wish to test the judicial waters by tampering with city/county/school property, by all means do so. Let us know how it works out for you.

OK who can guess who the old people are on this thread :)

NWEng
03-23-2006, 03:36 PM
Lol. Hey...:hm:

[XC] MarioMaster
03-23-2006, 05:27 PM
You read my mind :)

perkam
03-23-2006, 05:51 PM
while the librarian isn't looking "net send" a rebellious message on the entire network. :p:

Just dont over do it and send "Koolance is the pwn" or else you'll get a pm here on the forums :D

Perkam

sin0822
03-23-2006, 08:09 PM
No my parents didnt, they sent it home i never sent it back. I just use the journalism log on. And secondly im not in JR. high. I found a way, but htat jump drive sounds good.

2nd that

No, your parents did. And somehow I bet they wouldn't want you doing whatever you're doing when you're supposed to be learning. ;)

Very grown up. That sure takes me back to my Jr. High days...

Considering there are about 30 ways around it... at least 4 of which come immediately to mind... I'd be leaning towards saying they powned you if you couldn't come up with 1. If they're "noobs at everything", I'd hate to think what that makes you.

Serra

ex2cib
03-23-2006, 08:32 PM
wait, if im right, syncroneyes allows the teacher to actually view what you are doing on your screen, so even using a USB drive wont work, i remember some of the teachers @ my old high school using it. if they know what they are doing, they can actually take over your computer as well remotely using it

sin0822
03-23-2006, 08:49 PM
yeah well they can see what yoru doing, and they EVEN put up a black screen if they get pissed enough. But kids just restarte the computer
or just walk out.

Disposibleteen
03-23-2006, 09:02 PM
if you boot another OS off of a jump drive the service will not startup. Booting off of a CD or USB drive isnt an option for most people either as the bios is set with a password and it is hard to get into the computer to reset the jumper without anyone noticing.

I think its funny that last year there were no passwords on the BIOS of the dells at school so i would always boot DSL and browse and use gaim on linux but now that they caught me they put a password on the bios.

sin0822
03-24-2006, 02:50 AM
but liek how do i connect to the network if i boot off a jumpdrive?

Serra
03-24-2006, 08:07 AM
Since I feel this boarders a little too much on what should be posted here and what shouldn't (not really... but I want to stay in good standing..)

ygpm

Serra

smiffio
01-16-2011, 10:40 AM

there is a screen saver called acid, it shows colourful moving patterns very quickly and synchroneyes cannot cope with it so when you run it it messes up the programme and sends a constant no response, (it will show a send error report/dont send) then click dont send so you can do what you like without them seeing ;)

STEvil
01-16-2011, 03:36 PM
if you boot another OS off of a jump drive the service will not startup. Booting off of a CD or USB drive isnt an option for most people either as the bios is set with a password and it is hard to get into the computer to reset the jumper without anyone noticing.

I think its funny that last year there were no passwords on the BIOS of the dells at school so i would always boot DSL and browse and use gaim on linux but now that they caught me they put a password on the bios.

Flip power switch on back or pull cord and hold power button down, usually drains it enough to erase ;)

Alternately you can shut down then hold reset button down and press power button a couple times. Doesnt work on everything though.

stangracin3
01-16-2011, 07:00 PM
i know some of the programs stop working on the first if you login on a second computer

i.e.
you login in on the one you intend to use, then you login on the second one and the program on the first stops working