PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Boxster

Uncle Bob
03-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Spankin new 2005 Boxster! Damn, life is good when the kids grow up!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/UncleBob1/Home/Boxster/Boxster21.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/UncleBob1/Home/Boxster/Boxster08.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/UncleBob1/Home/Boxster/Boxster05.jpg

Anarki
03-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Very nice!

Is that the Boxster S?

GoriLLakoS
03-22-2006, 03:19 PM
How many $$$???

Uncle Bob
03-22-2006, 06:06 PM
How many $$$???If you have to ask......

Let's just say I got it in '06 and it's an '05 and it's brand spankin new. It was severely discounted....for a Porsche!

Not an "S". They are around $14k more for 40 more hp....out of my range.

It still goes like a raped ape, however!

VisiV
03-22-2006, 10:18 PM
For $7k straight up you can drop in a factory certified 3.4L 996 motor from the 1998 - 2000 996's ;)

Uncle Bob
03-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Why would I get rid of a nice 2.7L 240 hp motor? The '05 body style changed too much to make the job just a "drop in" either.

Perhaps next year I'll add a supercharger....a 40% increase and it costs half what you quote. That's installed as well!
TPC claims increases in horsepower and torque of approximately 50% (300hp and 280ft/lbs.). The cost of the kit is $4995.00. Installation takes 8 to 10 hours and should cost under $1000.00.
Another route is here: http://imagineauto.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=II&Product_Code=BOXSPRCHG

This kit is offered for the 2.5 Boxster,the Kit Includes: C1 Procharger Blower; Custom CNC mounting brackets; Custom relocation Air Pump Bracket; High Flow Cotton air filter; Bosch Factory diverter valve; Stock injectors; Roto-molded inlet and pressure ducts; All hardware including idle pulleys; Custom belt; Oil for blower; All individual coupling hose and clamps; Custom proprietary GIAC flashload software; AirPump extension harness. Real world results were completed on our in-house AWD Mustang Dyno. Base line results were apx 150RWHP increased to 235RWHP. That is a 36% gain! Installation instructions included and estimated at 15 hours install.

So, lot's to look at and think about!

Pinnacle
03-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Wow, I like the house, the neighbourhood looks beautiful.

ReD.SkY
03-22-2006, 10:54 PM
FT: my rig, for that car :D

antipop
03-23-2006, 12:54 AM
Nice car m8, i hope to have one someday. Maybe it'll be my next in four or five years

MaxxxRacer
03-23-2006, 01:26 AM
return it and get a cayman!!

sweet car though. didnt even know they had upgrades for it.. would be sweet to drop in a turboed 996 motor. with proper turning and dyno work you could output 400hp with ease.

antipop
03-23-2006, 09:51 AM
return it and get a cayman!!

sweet car though. didnt even know they had upgrades for it.. would be sweet to drop in a turboed 996 motor. with proper turning and dyno work you could output 400hp with ease.
He didn't say the price (even if i'm curious to know how much it costs over there) but my wild guess is that he got for much cheaper than a cayman.

I've build mine on the porsche website and with the option it'll cost me 75k+ €. I'm starting to save :D

Kappy
03-23-2006, 10:37 AM
very nice car! :) *Jealous*

MaxxxRacer
03-23-2006, 11:27 AM
ya i know antipop.. cayman is probably getting price gouged right now. a guy i know just bought one. the funny thing is that the cayman is designed to fit directly between the 911 and boxster in terms of performance. but with some better tires, some suspension tuning, and engine mods + ecu, the cayman would be the second fastest Porsche, short of the Carerra GT for obvious reasons.

antipop
03-23-2006, 11:39 AM
It's priced exactly between the boxster and the 911 but perf wise it's more like a 911 as you said.

However the 911 will keep an aura that won't be replaced by any other Porsche. Even if you buy a boxster or a cayman you dream of the 911 first. Anyway my dream is to buy me one of those, any of them :)

VisiV
03-23-2006, 11:47 AM
The only reason the cayman is slower on the track is due to porsche not giving it an LSD to keep it below the 997 and 997S' performance, And maxx a turboed 996 motor properly tuned will develope over 450+ depending on turbos and intercooling and EMS (ala Motec, Haltech, ect.)

The VisiV post in this thread are actually by JasonDTM, too lazy to logoff and logon :(

MaxxxRacer
03-23-2006, 12:42 PM
Jason, i know you can easily get more than 400 hp. I was underestimating it and I didnt want ppl coming in here and screaming that u cant get 450-500hp out of one of those motors..

but for what its worth, a properly turned and turboed 996 motor can push 550hp. I dont know how they manage to do it, but the do.. just look at ruff and the 200mph 911.

as far as the chassis goes the Cayman has more potential than the 911. that is clear. With the proper equipment, the Cayman would spank the 911 on the track. this is not to say that the 911 isnt fast. infact a 911 GT (GT class race car) is about 7 seconds faster than the Carerra GT (supercar) on a relativley tight track. Granted the 911 i mention is a race car, it poitns out the potential.

here is some food for though. Lowered cayman with body mods for higher downforce, race suspension, slicks, 450hp twin turbo motor (faster spool up than one large one), and strip the interior out. As in radio, air conditioning, seats (install racing seat), etc. While this would be someowhat of an expenisve venture, it would create an incredibly well ballanced and stupidly fast car.

topaimz
03-23-2006, 12:44 PM
can anyone say "BLOODY F%&#ing GAS PRICE!"

I own a Audi A4 3.0, and this littl' bugger drinking about $100 worth
gas each week... bloody premium high octane gas....

Bogi
03-23-2006, 12:56 PM
nice car
but its normally made in germany, gg

oktavius
03-23-2006, 02:48 PM
and normaly driven over 90mph ;)
on german highways up to the limit of the car, should be around 200mph :cool:

VisiV
03-23-2006, 03:20 PM
but for what its worth, a properly turned and turboed 996 motor can push 550hp. I dont know how they manage to do it, but the do.. just look at ruff and the 200mph 911.

Hehe. Stephen Kasper of Imagine Auto in overland park has a 996TT motor modded with hybrid KKK K16 turbo's that pushes nearly 750+ at 1.6 - 1.8bar, I believe that was the 996 that he built for the Silver State Race.

That being said, the only thing that sucks about Porsche's is the money you have to spend to make big horsepower and to get good suspension parts. ie Moton dampers, ERP sways and ect. Matter of fact, some boys in europe bought a Cayman and copied some of the 996 GT3 RSR's body pieces and turned it into the next FIA GT dominator. :)

BSill
03-23-2006, 03:32 PM
beautiful car...always loved the box, go out and enjoy it

eddy
03-23-2006, 06:10 PM
$33,000?

Uncle Bob
03-23-2006, 06:37 PM
$33,000?You a funny man!

Cayman costs about $75k US to start. (would you like tires with thta Uncle Bob?) I paid considerably less.

Hey...the house is for sale!
http://locator.nwmls.com/scripts/mgrqispi.dll?APPNAME=Locator&PRGNAME=MLSLogin&ARGUMENT=3yMlc9hwdq7HvsgFTdMWxA%3D%3D
Pics http://locator.nwmls.com/scripts/mgrqispi.dll?APPNAME=Locator&PRGNAME=MLSPictureDescriptions&ARGUMENTS=-N168776518,-N26032567,-AE

Sorry, Boxster is hard won....no trades! ;)

[XC] leviathan18
03-23-2006, 06:50 PM
can anyone say "BLOODY F%&#ing GAS PRICE!"

I own a Audi A4 3.0, and this littl' bugger drinking about $100 worth
gas each week... bloody premium high octane gas....

mmm you can send me your a4 3.0 and i can give 100k liters of 95 octane gasoline for it

MaxxxRacer
03-24-2006, 02:23 AM
bob... Boxter Vs. House.... the car won?

antipop
03-24-2006, 02:30 AM
$33,000?
Where do i sign ? This is 10k less than my current car and it's not as fast as a porsche.

topaimz
03-24-2006, 06:48 AM
mmm you can send me your a4 3.0 and i can give 100k liters of 95 octane gasoline for it

LOL, 100,000 Litres of 95 Octane Gas?!
Dude, I can sell that for $1.00~1.20 per Litre in Canada, damn...

so, 100,000 x 1.10 = $110,000 :slobber:

LMAO, I would sugget you go sell that premium gas yourself, and
buy yourself a nice new car :p:

P.S.
LoL, have you wonder how much it would cost alone to ship barrels
of gas from ven to Canada, hahaha :slap: That would cost couple
good computer parts alone

antipop
03-24-2006, 07:00 AM

P.S.
hey guys there is a sale/buy section in this forum, Please use it for all your transaction :D :D :D

Uncle Bob
03-24-2006, 03:19 PM
bob... Boxter Vs. House.... the car won?The house is a move up!

topaimz
03-24-2006, 03:42 PM
hey guys there is a sale/buy section in this forum, Please use it for all your transaction :D :D :D

LOL, seeling and trading Cars on XS :D
crazy crazy CRAZY antipop :p:

eddy
03-24-2006, 03:52 PM
You a funny man!

Cayman costs about $75k US to start. (would you like tires with thta Uncle Bob?) I paid considerably less. Sorry. Just saw a 2005 with 10k miles for 38k.

antipop
03-24-2006, 04:34 PM
LOL, seeling and trading Cars on XS :D
crazy crazy CRAZY antipop :p:
I take that as a compliment :D :woot:

Uncle Bob
03-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Sorry. Just saw a 2005 with 10k miles for 38k.Well, maybe a Boxster, but not a Cayman! It doesn't matter what you buy....soon as the purchase is made you find it 'cheaper' somewhere else! Well, I ain't sorry. I was bought out of a real lemon to get the Boxster and came out just fine, thank you, all the way around!

eddy
03-24-2006, 05:20 PM
Well, maybe a Boxster, but not a Cayman! It doesn't matter what you buy....soon as the purchase is made you find it 'cheaper' somewhere else! Well, I ain't sorry. I was bought out of a real lemon to get the Boxster and came out just fine, thank you, all the way around!
No. I was asking you before if you paid 33k for it. Just wondering.

Nice car. I like them a lot.

Uncle Bob
03-24-2006, 09:35 PM
No. I was asking you before if you paid 33k for it. Just wondering.

Nice car. I like them a lot.No, I didn't and as you probably figured out by now...I'm old school perhaps, but I ain't gonna tell!

Thanks, I love it. I've had a 924 before, it's not anything like this....the Boxster is a real Porsche! It handles like a dream.

amduser
03-25-2006, 01:41 AM
sorry, but a porsche is somethink uncontrollabeel for normel persons ..., i mean a real one, not the new stuff, overloaded with electronic suff and watercooled engine. the one's in the 70th and 80th are much harder to handel then the new one's. but once's you get out how to handel one of thow's you don't want to drive other cars anymore.

perry_78
03-25-2006, 02:08 AM
Porsche's are slick cars, congrats with that car! How's the MR driving for you? If you had a FR or 4WD then you're ok, but changing from FF to MR is a challenge :p:

antipop
03-25-2006, 02:12 AM
No, I didn't and as you probably figured out by now...I'm old school perhaps, but I ain't gonna tell!

Thanks, I love it. I've had a 924 before, it's not anything like this....the Boxster is a real Porsche! It handles like a dream.
Rofl at the 924, the fugliest porsche ever! That was a way to drive a porsche for cheap

MaxxxRacer
03-25-2006, 02:52 AM
no no... 914.. that is the fugliest porsche ever.

amduser, Porsche has come a LONG way since the days of the 72' RS, and the boxster is about the most even keeled car on the road. period. if you drive 20 different sports cars in a race track you will probably find the Boxster to be in the top 3 of easiest to drive, if not first.

antipop
03-25-2006, 03:33 AM
no no... 914.. that is the fugliest porsche ever.

amduser, Porsche has come a LONG way since the days of the 72' RS, and the boxster is about the most even keeled car on the road. period. if you drive 20 different sports cars in a race track you will probably find the Boxster to be in the top 3 of easiest to drive, if not first.
OMG i never saw a 914, what were the designer thinking when they did that.

MaxxxRacer
03-25-2006, 03:57 AM
they werent... thats all that I can think of. plain and simple. they stopped thinking.

amduser
03-25-2006, 04:16 AM

anyway i ment the 911. sure, the boxer is nice, but that's no porsche feeling. it's like, everybody can drive ist. the 911's were really agressiv and actually hard to handle. i don't know, but a sportcard should be hard to handle. it's more fun, then to drive somethink, that everbody can drive. buy the way, the first 911 turbo got prodeced to the year 1989 and when you have driven one of them, you get to know what i mean. it's just a whole different think, then to drive a boxer.

MaxxxRacer
03-25-2006, 05:03 AM
anyway i ment the 911. sure, the boxer is nice, but that's no porsche feeling. it's like, everybody can drive ist. the 911's were really agressiv and actually hard to handle. i don't know, but a sportcard should be hard to handle. it's more fun, then to drive somethink, that everbody can drive. buy the way, the first 911 turbo got prodeced to the year 1989 and when you have driven one of them, you get to know what i mean. it's just a whole different think, then to drive a boxer.

havnt actaully driven one, but I know exactly what you mean. I dont know if I agree with a sports care being purposely hard to handle around turns. I'd venture a guess that other than thes stupidly high power output and 180 degree lock to lock steering wheel, and F1 car is actaully pretty dam easy to drive.. and rather easy to drive REALLY fast (comapred to street cars ) once you get a few hours of driving time so that you can get the feel for it.

One of the fastest cars around the track, and VERY well mannered was a vaccum car designed by Gordon Murray back in the 70's no holds bar can-am series. the thing had 2 fans that sucked the car to the ground to improve corning. the car could corner about 30% faster than ANY car at the time.. It was essentially point and shoot around turns. Now worrys about the fishtailing, over and understeer were a thing of hte past with this car.. but it got banned after 2 races.

and adding to ease of driving is paddle shift... stick shift vs. paddle shift... no brainer there when going for performance.. F1 racing gearbox is easily 10 time faster than the BEST drivers using a manual box.

[XC] leviathan18
03-25-2006, 06:04 AM

P.S.

here is cheapo i can find 100k liters of gasoline for 3k$ damn i need a ship to sell it over there that is some money gain xD

amduser
03-25-2006, 06:17 AM
havnt actaully driven one, but I know exactly what you mean. I dont know if I agree with a sports care being purposely hard to handle around turns. I'd venture a guess that other than thes stupidly high power output and 180 degree lock to lock steering wheel, and F1 car is actaully pretty dam easy to drive.. and rather easy to drive REALLY fast (comapred to street cars ) once you get a few hours of driving time so that you can get the feel for it.

actually you don't know what i mean. real porsche fealing is somethink else then a boxer or cayman. it's drives just totaly diverent. with a porsche you have to drift more (*don't mean that drifting stuff, but that the tail drifts slightly more(*don'T know how to descripe it well on english*)*) then with a cayman to achieve good time on a track. that's the difference from a 911 to pretty much any other sports car. it's just a total different fealing to drive fast in a 911 and a boxer. anyway, there it no doubt, that the boxer is well balanced, and with a other engine, better brakes it would be pretty much a verry succesfull car on tracks arround the world. too, there is no doubt, that a cayman s ist faster then a 911 carrera on must race tracks aroudn the world. but it just has not the characteristic porsche feeling.

Uncle Bob
03-25-2006, 08:28 AM
It's difficult to compare rear engine configuration to mid engine, guys. Totally different animals.

The 914, 924 & 928 were all VW?Audi collaborated vehicles designed to help open the market.

Wanna talk about a real handling Porsche? I look at the limited production 959 with rear engine 4 wheel drive. It still stands out as a formidable car!

That "vacuum car" was first built by Chaparral (Jim Hall) as I recall. http://www.motorsportshalloffame.com/halloffame/1997/Jim_Hall_main.htm
Chaparral 2J "Vacuum Cleaner", the first ground effects race car, allowed him to sail at incredible speeds through the corners, due to an auxiliary motor that created a vacuum under the car to increase traction. It was about 7 or 8 years ahead of the 78 Swedish GP debut of the Brabham-Alfa BT46B http://www.forix.com/8w/fancar.html
J2:
http://www.motorsportcollector.com/CHAPARRALPHOTOS2/2Jp2.jpeg

Funny, both were outlawed! I've seen Halls J2 at Riverside, CA raceway before that track was torn down. I also got my first real drive in a 911S at that track. The Boxster has a 49/51 % weight distribution and has almost no body lean into a corner. The late 60's 911's were nowhere near that but for a production sport scar? They were the cat's meow in my book. It took damn near 40 years to get my hands on this one. Now I'm hooked! Having a designated 2 seater is definitely not a family car, however. I had to wait awhile. The 924 was something I bought real cheap and fixed for immediate sale. I enjoyed driving it but it was fraught with problems both in design and execution. In the end it would never had made a daily driver that my Boxster is now!

JasonDTM
03-25-2006, 11:27 AM
The cars known for their unparalled handling ability (to this day to be exact) were the Porsche 956 and and 962, could drive the car with one hand going 240mph down the Mulsanne straight and have enough time to look around, then when it came to braking and cornering, it left their competetion in the dust..

MaxxxRacer
03-25-2006, 12:46 PM
actually you don't know what i mean. real porsche fealing is somethink else then a boxer or cayman. it's drives just totaly diverent. with a porsche you have to drift more (*don't mean that drifting stuff, but that the tail drifts slightly more(*don'T know how to descripe it well on english*)*) then with a cayman to achieve good time on a track. that's the difference from a 911 to pretty much any other sports car. it's just a total different fealing to drive fast in a 911 and a boxer. anyway, there it no doubt, that the boxer is well balanced, and with a other engine, better brakes it would be pretty much a verry succesfull car on tracks arround the world. too, there is no doubt, that a cayman s ist faster then a 911 carrera on must race tracks aroudn the world. but it just has not the characteristic porsche feeling.

I know exactly what you mean. If i was going to describe the handling difference between a Cayman and a 911, i would describe it almost exactly the same. Despite never having driven either, I read enough driving and handling analysis of these cars to have a good description of how they drive.

bob, that is correct. the chaparell was the first, but it was indeed designed by Gordon Murray (he designed the Mclaren F1, Merc Mclaren SLR, the Mclaren F1 racing cars during the time they were successful, and a myriad of ot her cars).

sky
03-25-2006, 07:21 PM
the chapparal got outlawed since it did a good job of vacuum-cleaning the
road. the downside was that the little stones and crap it would pick up in
the process were launched at the cars behind it...bingo dangerous to any
openwheel car.. or even to closed ones, when the windscreen shatters,
that ain't funny.

besides that my own view of sportscars, real sportscars ;) that is, is that
they have to be somewhat difficult to drive. i'm not a fan of electronics
in the car, the more, the worse the car is. but that just seems to be the
trend these days. i can still remember the (not so long ago) days, when
the entry level ferraris were equipped with an adaptive powersteering, that
would increase the level of "support" the slower you went. this was back
in the days of the 348. an uproar went through the ferrari-following, "that
ain't no ferrari anymore" ... well nowadays they all have it, and probably
wouldn't really be driveable without by most people...

but putting all these electronic gadgets into todays (sports)cars is paying
a tribute to the ever increasing amount of power those cars get. back in
1987 the f40 had 478hp, now almost the entry level cars have that kinda
power (though not the power to weight ratio).. in a way, that's why i like
the mclaren f1 and the elise (until 2006). no such crap as traction control,
esp, blabla - to me those are just false symbols of safety, oh and they
take the fun out of the driving when enabled...
and that's what a friend of mine said when he did a testdrive a boxter some
years ago - almost boring to the point of being just one out of 10.000 cars,
until he deactivated the traction control, the stability stuff and the abs...
that is driving ;)
(maybe i'm getting old ahem)

MaxxxRacer
03-25-2006, 08:48 PM
I will agree that its a much truer driving experience without all the gizmos, but without power steering, no one would be able to turn the wheel on a 3500 pound maraleno.

for cars like the elise (which i still like, dont know what your on about with it), ariel atom, etc, power steering isnt so much needed due to their light weight. a decently strong person could turn the wheel evne with the car not moving.

sky
03-26-2006, 01:31 PM
I will agree that its a much truer driving experience without all the gizmos, but without power steering, no one would be able to turn the wheel on a 3500 pound maraleno.

for cars like the elise (which i still like, dont know what your on about with it), ariel atom, etc, power steering isnt so much needed due to their light weight. a decently strong person could turn the wheel evne with the car not moving.

well the elise is still my #1 choice of car - and if i see a very good offer on
one of the mk2 type, i'll probably turn off my brain and just buy it instead
of a "normal" roadcar like a series 3 beemer or some such.
no, my issue with the 2006 version is that - according to the info i got -
it is going to have all the crap any other car already has. like softening
it down to make the average bonehead enjoy driving it (sorry if i'm going
over the top there, but to me the original elise is a pure drivers car,
nothing else. well, the way it was meant to be driven :D sort of).
the softening is traction control, etc.. the gadgets every 5k junkbird has
got nowadays...

(hint, check the dreamcars thread - i'm one of the guys who roots for the
elise there, on more than one occasion :D )

Uncle Bob
03-27-2006, 09:34 AM
While I completely agree (XK120 one of my favorites I've actually driven...just never wanted to work on it!) the Elise is a horrible 'everyday driver'. Try going 100 miles on a freeway in it and you may find your vertebrae compressed and your kidneys swapped sides. The Boxster is a decent enough compromise...plus? It's in my driveway right now....the sun is out, the top will be down and I'm off on a 100 mile twisty drive...and I'll get my 52 year old twice operated back out of the car and not be crippled. Few other cars can offer that, IMHO!!
Chuckanut Drive awaits...
http://www.bygonebyways.com/99-WA-Bellingham-Chuckanut_Dr-Post.jpg
http://www.bellingham.net/images/pagemaster/ChuckDrive.jpg

sky
03-27-2006, 04:38 PM
ok, gotcha, at that age, i probably wouldn't dig feeling every bump either,
especially with a back like that. i'm following at a save distance of ~20yrs
difference, so i still like to feel whatever the car is doing or what's beneath
its tires (within limits of course, as i'm not into car-sm ;) ). oh and for a
daily drive/r i wouldn't need that (and don't have fwiw)

xk120, yummy. i'm still kinda ticked for my dad parking his mga1600 under a
bus years ago. i'd have liked to have a drive in it.

anyway, that's one nice track you posted up there. enjoy the drive!

MaxxxRacer
03-27-2006, 05:04 PM
sky then just get the exige.. It is as hardcore as it gets. slightly slower than the elise in 0-60, but in every other aspect its more extreme than the non 2006 elise.

and no doubt the elise is a HORRIBLE everyday drier. but if u get it for that purpose ur an idiot and desevrve to get your back turned into an accordian.

BUT there is a guy near where I live who drives to work in his 2004 (guestimate) Elise every day.

Uncle Bob
03-28-2006, 06:35 AM
Hey, I never even had a car till I was 20, nuthin but street & dirt bikes, and grew up in LA...talk about torturous!! LA freeways in the 60's were scarier than now if you can believe that! No radial tires, no antilock brakes, poor road conditions, terrible drivers....

Well, if I could have afforded it, I would have had an Elise myself. Back in the day the car I liked as well was the DeTomasso Mangusta. It was, like Jags of the day, also fraught with reliability problems. I remember riding in a Healey 2000....awesome car indeed.

Yes, we have some nice twisites here in the Pac Norwest and we just joined the NW Porsche Club, so we look forward to some drives on road ("we do not speed.....we drive spirited" is their motto!) Ever see a State Patrol pull over 7 cars at a time???? :rofl: They also get track time at several road courses up here and that's really going to be fun! :woot:

licken
03-28-2006, 07:50 AM
You guys talk about gas price, hehe.
You shold be happy not having the swedish gas prices. Here in sweden a liter cost 1,5 US$! ;)

Nice car BTW!

Soulburner
03-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Not sure how much a liter is but i'm paying about $2.60/gallon atm. It's always changing though.

JasonDTM
03-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Hey, I never even had a car till I was 20, nuthin but street & dirt bikes, and grew up in LA...talk about torturous!! LA freeways in the 60's were scarier than now if you can believe that! No radial tires, no antilock brakes, poor road conditions, terrible drivers....

Well, if I could have afforded it, I would have had an Elise myself. Back in the day the car I liked as well was the DeTomasso Mangusta. It was, like Jags of the day, also fraught with reliability problems. I remember riding in a Healey 2000....awesome car indeed.

Yes, we have some nice twisites here in the Pac Norwest and we just joined the NW Porsche Club, so we look forward to some drives on road ("we do not speed.....we drive spirited" is their motto!) Ever see a State Patrol pull over 7 cars at a time???? :rofl: They also get track time at several road courses up here and that's really going to be fun! :woot:

Do you by chance do track days at Pacific Raceways?

licken
03-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Not sure how much a liter is but i'm paying about $2.60/gallon atm. It's always changing though.

Think a gallon is around 4litres. Thats less then half the price anyway. :stick:

Uncle Bob
03-28-2006, 01:05 PM
>$6/gal is about what I hear too. We are definitely blessed there, no doubt! Paying $1.50/gal almost in taxes is where my heartburn starts, but let's not go there, huh?

Yup, we go to the renamed SIR...Pacific Raceway. The other track is in Bremerton, near the airport as I recall, but i don't have much info on it right now, Jason.

charlie
03-29-2006, 09:29 AM
Did you bolt on some HRE alloy wheels? The first pic has aftermarket wheels and the second and third are stock wheels?? First pic looks NICE. Cayenne owner here. :D

C