PDA

View Full Version : Speed Bump + Gallardo

Anarki
03-21-2006, 12:56 PM
This is what happens when a Lamborghini Gallardo meets a speed bump.

Its near the end of the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KgkO6JzlUc

This is a pic of the damage caused:

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/exotics/21gallardo_20060223_005.shtml

Sorry if this is a re-post, I did search the forums!

amd4me
03-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Wow that has gotta suck real bad.
That happened to a cop car in fron of my house one night.
It was pretty freakin hilarious.

Magnj
03-21-2006, 04:27 PM
ouch

Jamo
03-21-2006, 05:26 PM
how the hell do you not see a speed bump?? i mean the things are bloody 6 inch high over here, its not exactly a slightly raised manhole cover

JasonDTM
03-21-2006, 06:33 PM
The funny thing is, thats not the same car...

mikenam
03-21-2006, 06:48 PM
it looked like the same car.

[XC] leviathan18
03-21-2006, 07:15 PM
in dubai i doubt there many of them.....

in fact there i guess he is an important guy maybe he is kickin some asses

Delirious
03-21-2006, 07:29 PM
The people over there are loaded from oil. I have no doubt that thing could have come from dubai.

I dont see how those people missed the bumps either, its not a dimly lit area.

JasonDTM
03-21-2006, 07:36 PM
it looked like the same car.

Its not the same car, at the end of the video, you hear him start to accelerate hard and not lose control, in the wrecked exotics picture, you can clearly tell that one of the rear links from the multi-link arrangement is beyond broken.

amd4me
03-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Its not the same car, at the end of the video, you hear him start to accelerate hard and not lose control, in the wrecked exotics picture, you can clearly tell that one of the rear links from the multi-link arrangement is beyond broken.
I also noticed that.
Perhaps his U joint sheared casing the car to rev extremely high?

JasonDTM
03-21-2006, 09:02 PM
I doubt the CV joint decent to twist itself, the car was accelerating under power with both wheels, if that wasnt the case, we would hear the rev-limiter and see sparks and the car going out of control.

Carlz0r
03-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Plus the fact that the car didn't hit it's front end on the road in the movie. If anything, the back end would have taken damage.

Delirious
03-22-2006, 05:56 AM
Plus the fact that the car didn't hit it's front end on the road in the movie. If anything, the back end would have taken damage.

The car did hit its front end, if u watch it again youll see it gets launched into the air then the nose scrapes the ground before the wheels hit.

That photo was definetly taken in an Middle Eastern country as well based on the surroundings.

Kappy
03-22-2006, 12:09 PM
ouch

ah yeah.. OUCH

MaxxxRacer
03-23-2006, 01:42 AM
i dobut that car kept driving.. if you notice it went flying through the air, and was rotated about 45 degrees..

you will also notice that the car rotated to the left (right side raised up). the crash dammage in the wrekecedexoitcs website indicates this same dammage. also, from the picture you cannot tell if the suspension linkages are dammaged.

sky
03-24-2006, 11:53 AM
i dobut that car kept driving.. if you notice it went flying through the air, and was rotated about 45 degrees..

you will also notice that the car rotated to the left (right side raised up). the crash dammage in the wrekecedexoitcs website indicates this same dammage. also, from the picture you cannot tell if the suspension linkages are dammaged.

take a look at the picture on wreckedexotics again. the rear righthand wheel
is definitely damaged. it's angled inside to the front and it also seems to be
have some sort of additional camber (is that negative camber if the top of
the wheel points outward?). while the damaged suspension may indeed not
be visible, you are fairly safe to assume it got damaged in that episode.

the damage to the lower part of the front in that picture can be explained,
but where does the dent in the windscreen come from?

anyway... i do have my doubts about the video and the pic being the same
car. while you can see the car hit the bump and go airborne and do the
nosedive, you also pretty much hear the throttle being hit hard a bit after
the landing, as if trying to speed away.
anyway, no way that car has gone over there with no damage.. but looking
at the pic wreckedexotics i doubt he'll do much driving with a damage like
that afterwards.. but who knows.. saudis ;)

pity really, nice cars.

(oh and if you're fast enough and haven't been driving there before, that
speedbump will surely catch you unaware)...

Soulburner
03-24-2006, 12:01 PM
Top of the wheel out is positive camber.

Anarki
03-24-2006, 12:13 PM
Regardless of wether or not its the same car, thats one Lambo that is sure totalled!

The only reason I can imagine the guy in the Lambo hit the speed bump so fast is cos he saw people videoing him, and thats probably why he sped away to look cool even though his car got owned by a speed bump.

Near me there is a petrol station, the exit of the petrol station is extremely dipped onto the main road, I've seen cars that are low (ricers) that absolutely get their front bumper wiped out, but the nobs who drive them, drive off fast to look as they don't care!

Jamo
03-24-2006, 05:48 PM
after further inspection i also dont think the car on the pic is the car in the vid, as you do hear him hit the throttle hard right at the end with no screatching wheelspin or anything but if its rear wheel was anything like the one in the pic i'm pretty sure it would be screaming its tits off on an angle like that. also you dont see or hear anything drop off the car on landing, if the bumper did fall off on impact like the pic suggests, i'm pretty sure you would at least hear it sliding off down the road with probably a few sparks as well

Delirious
03-24-2006, 06:21 PM
Just cause u hear the car speed away doesnt mean it wasnt that car. It was dark and possible the driver didnt see the full extent of the damage after he landed, so kept driving a little ways.

JasonDTM
03-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Trust me, when the links go for the suspension, it will not continue going without spinning out of control once the throttle is applied...

Anarki
03-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Another reason as to why you heard the car accelerate after landing might be the fact that drivers foot could of hit the pedal after landing, it wasn't a slight jump, the car was high in the air, imagine the force that put on the driver after landing!

I will again post this: regardless of wether or not that is the same car, the Lambo in the pic is trashed, and im pretty sure the Lambo that hit that bump got trashed as well!

sky
03-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Another reason as to why you heard the car accelerate after landing might be the fact that drivers foot could of hit the pedal after landing, it wasn't a slight jump, the car was high in the air, imagine the force that put on the driver after landing!

I will again post this: regardless of wether or not that is the same car, the Lambo in the pic is trashed, and im pretty sure the Lambo that hit that bump got trashed as well!

i'm with you on the last paragraph, but not the first one.. hm.
i've thought about that and came to the conclusion (yay, sherlock) that
he hit the gas quite a long moment after landing. so it shouldn't have been
him (very probably a him) hitting the throttle by accident or by "oh my
gosh, i went flying, wtf"... but on purpose. - most people would probably
try to hit the breaks full on and stay clear of the clutch pedal (probably)
when they realize what has just happened...

anyway that's just my take... just listen to the time betweening crash-
landing and accelerating... it's more than would seem logic i think

Rabidmoose171
03-30-2006, 01:18 PM
The only reason I can imagine the guy in the Lambo hit the speed bump so fast is cos he saw people videoing him, and thats probably why he sped away to look cool even though his car got owned by a speed bump.

No, its because they put in the speedbump in a 60mph zone without telling anyone.

PsYkHoTiK
03-30-2006, 09:19 PM
The speed bumps in Dubai are huge.. lol.. Nothing like the "normal" speed bumps.. They would qualify as small hills probably... :p

EDIT: got some pics from a video I have. Video Quality is kinda bad though... :p
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45370&d=1143782759http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45371&d=1143782759

Aphex_Tom_9
03-30-2006, 09:48 PM
hahahahahhaha

Andrew LB
03-30-2006, 09:57 PM
in dubai i doubt there many of them.....

in fact there i guess he is an important guy maybe he is kickin some asses

Actually Dubai (UAE) is a very wealthy country. A friend of mine lived there for most of last year and there are TONS of exotics and luxury cars.