PDA

View Full Version : F1-3200PHU2-1GBZX w/o Heat Spreaders?

jedihobbit
03-20-2006, 02:46 PM
Just picked up a set of F1-3200PHU2-1GBZX used and when they arrived they didn't have the blue heat spreaders! All of the factory stickers are on them so it's not like someone removed the spreaders.

Are these an "older" version? How can one get the heat spreaders as they were the "bling - bling" reason for selecting them.

GSKILL TECH
03-21-2006, 12:47 PM
that is very old version like 4 months ago... where did you purchase it?

jedihobbit
03-21-2006, 01:33 PM
that is very old version like 4 months ago... where did you purchase it?

I purchased it from an individual whom I managed to contact this morning and he stated they were approximately 10 - 11 months old. Just for the sake of "bling - bling" can a set of spreaders be aquired?

GSKILL TECH
03-22-2006, 10:43 AM
I purchased it from an individual whom I managed to contact this morning and he stated they were approximately 10 - 11 months old. Just for the sake of "bling - bling" can a set of spreaders be aquired?
can not do it becasue serial # is in the chip... if apply HS will damage your warranty stickers
one more reason.. we don't have it in US... only in TW...

jcniest5
03-27-2006, 12:45 AM
Yeap, yours is like mine, then. I bought mine awhile back (March or April last year) and they didn't have heatspreader/HS at that time. Anyway, my modules never run hot (just barely warm) so heatspreader/HS isn't really needed. It's more for cosmetic look than anything else.

jedihobbit
03-27-2006, 02:05 AM
................ It's more for cosmetic look than anything else.

With them going into an acrylic mATX case that was part of the appeal! :rolleyes: