PDA

View Full Version : Mobo problems, Please Help

Kemble
03-19-2006, 02:14 PM
I have a Fatal1ty AA8XE Mobo. I bought it brand new 2 months ago. I have been running my computer flawlesy since then. There is 1200 hours of uptime on it acording to the bios. I basically never shut my computer off for long periods of time. I do nothing but gaming on this computer. I shut it down for the weekend because I was going out of town and wasn't going to be using it. I come back and turn it on and my mobo is giving me an awefull alarm clock beep warning that wont shut up. The screen boots up saying that the system is in fail safe mode press F1 to continue or del to enter set-up. If I press F1 and continue I boot right into windows and everything apears to be fine. For some odd reason the printer fires up and prints out 1 blank page. But It still is shouting that awefull alarm clock tone.

The mobo digital thing reads error 39 which according to the manual it says: "Test DMA page resistors".

Please help me on what I am to do. I never download anything that I don't know what it is, I never read any email unless I know whom it is from.

Thanks in advance

ibby
03-21-2006, 11:24 AM
I have a Fatal1ty AA8XE Mobo. I bought it brand new 2 months ago. I have been running my computer flawlesy since then. There is 1200 hours of uptime on it acording to the bios. I basically never shut my computer off for long periods of time. I do nothing but gaming on this computer. I shut it down for the weekend because I was going out of town and wasn't going to be using it. I come back and turn it on and my mobo is giving me an awefull alarm clock beep warning that wont shut up. The screen boots up saying that the system is in fail safe mode press F1 to continue or del to enter set-up. If I press F1 and continue I boot right into windows and everything apears to be fine. For some odd reason the printer fires up and prints out 1 blank page. But It still is shouting that awefull alarm clock tone.

The mobo digital thing reads error 39 which according to the manual it says: "Test DMA page resistors".

Please help me on what I am to do. I never download anything that I don't know what it is, I never read any email unless I know whom it is from.

Thanks in advance

sounds like sumat on the mobo its self.

Try to clear the cmos and then try

Charles Wirth
03-21-2006, 11:29 AM
I advised him to find his original Fatal1ty board and swap the bios to his new board.

I hope he is not down for the count, this board has let him down a few times now.

Kemble
03-23-2006, 12:28 AM
I found in bios the ability to shut that annoyying alarm speaker off. It still gives me some error code of 1.7. Swapping the bios chip did nothing. Going to call customer service when I get around to it, been busy with school and work.

But yeah, this mobo has kicked my arse several times, after this problem is fixed I'm gonna get rid of it or start looking for something different if I get another problem after this.

Charles Wirth
03-23-2006, 12:31 AM
I have a different board for you if you want to switch brands. You wont have to reload the HD, just a mobo swap.

Kemble
03-23-2006, 05:26 AM
Thx bud

I'll let you know after I get ahold of customer service and see what they say.

Kemble
04-02-2006, 11:58 AM
OK NOW IM REALLY :banana::banana::banana::banana:ING PISSED.......

I went away again for the weekend for a bowling tournament. Shut my computer down on friday and come back to it today(sunday). Turn my computer on and I got that HORRID ALARM again... and my comp shuts down on me. I fire it back up, I get alarm and the memory test keeps running and running and running. Im getting error codes, 9.F. and C1 and 0A and 1.7. None are in the back of the manual and I cant find any of them described online anywhere.

:banana::banana::banana::banana: FATALITY and thier motherboards. Im taking it out and using it for target practice with my shot gun !!!!