PDA

View Full Version : USB Wiring

Hardass
02-04-2003, 04:07 PM
How do you figure out what wires coming from the front USB ports go were on the mobo pins. The wire labels are different then what the manual says. Plus it has a firewire port.

sjohnson
02-04-2003, 05:53 PM
Post your wire and mobo labels, we'd then have a better chance of helping you figure it out :)

Hardass
02-04-2003, 05:57 PM
Mobo is a KD7 case is a Chieftec Server Tower DX-01BLD

Hardass
02-04-2003, 06:02 PM
In the manual for mobo it says. Pin1=VCC0, pin2=VCC1, pin3=Data 0-,pin4=Data 1-, pin5=Data 0+, pin6= Data 1+, pin7=GND, pin8=GND, No Pin9, Pin10=GND. None of the wires coming from front of case match any of these.

Tweaked!
02-04-2003, 06:40 PM
I can't find any kind of online data sheet for the case anywhere's. Did the goolge search, searched Cheitec's website, etc... Let me go look through the basement for the manual for my case (the antec version, but still the same case) and see what it says.:)

Tweaked!
02-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Do you not have a manual for the case? If not I can post mine, it explains it pretty well.

Hardass
02-04-2003, 07:06 PM
Nothing but alittle hardware came with this.

Tweaked!
02-04-2003, 07:13 PM
Usb Connection
Power pins: There are two power pins, one on each row. They are usually marked as Power, Vcc, or +5V. Connect the two +5V connectors to the two power pins (Your Vcc0 and Vcc1). Each connector can go to either one.
Ground pins: There are two ground pins, one on each row. They are usually marked as Ground, or GND. Each connector can go to either pin.
Note: On some mobo's, there may be two grounds on one row, you don't need to use them all. Just make sure to connect one ground to each row.
Data pins: There are two plus data pins, one on each row, and two minus pins, one for each row. They are usually marked as USBD2+, USBD3+, and USBD2-, and USBD3-. In some cases, certain mobo's will list them with a P instead of a D.
a. Connect the 1 +D connector to any of the 2 + data pins. It can go on either of the plus pins.
b. Connect the 1 -D connector to the minus data pin in the same row as the plus data pin that you just connected.
c. rinse and repeat as necessary for the next row;)

For the Ieee firewire, you should have another 6 wires left to connect for that.They should consist of three sets of twisted dual wires labeled TPA, TPB, a VP and a VG.
VP is the power pin.
VG is the ground.
the TPA and TPB should be marked with plus's and minus's. Those should connect up according to those markings.

Let me know if this helps:D

Tweaked!
02-04-2003, 07:18 PM
I'll try to remember to run a copy of this manual off and try to scan it and email it to ya, or send the copies with the next item I mail ya. I just have to get a hold of a scanner somehow, all I have right now is a flatbed copier at work and this Hp officejet 600 which can scan the copies to a file once I've copied them to a regular piece of paper.

But then again, I might be able to pull the staples out of this manual and get it to run through the scanner that way. I'll give it a shot and let you know:cool:

Hardass
02-04-2003, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the help, that should get me hooked up.:toast:

Tweaked!
02-04-2003, 07:29 PM
Well, trying to scan this here at the house wasn't a very productive idea. The manual is 8x11 paper printed as two pages per side, and front and back, for four pages per sheet. It would take me a little while and about 20 different files saved the way my Hp allows me to scan and save. it will only do one side of one page at a time:( I'll see if I have any better luck tomorrow at work with my laser jet 1200, I think it's capacities allow for more.

sjohnson
02-05-2003, 12:50 PM
Sorry I took so long to re-find this thread. Good thing that Tweaked! got you hooked up!