PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to clean and wax your car

cdelatte
03-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Guy's and Gal's,
I'm proud new owner of an 2006 Acura TL. It's me and my wife's first new car ever.:woot: Anyway, since we both have been driving old beaters I no longer know what is the best cleaning solutions (I've always used dish cleaner) and best detailing products such as wax, tire dressing that actually last and interior cleaning. I have leather interior so something on how to take care of that also. Thanks in advance.

amd4me
03-15-2006, 06:30 PM
Dont use dish cleaner, baby shampoo and armorall car wash both work well.
Mr.clean auto dry is bs.
Use a gentle soap and a gentle sponge and you should be fine.
Remember to wax with mothers.
Theya re the shiznit.

mnewxcv
03-15-2006, 06:30 PM
i prefer mothers over anything

f00t
03-16-2006, 08:37 AM
i use a pressure washer

RyderOCZ
03-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Dont use dish cleaner, Mr.clean auto dry is bs.:woot: :clap: :fact:
I like armorall products for tires, they also make a good leather cleaner/conditioner. I can't remember the name at the moment, but I bought some really good leather cleaner/conditioner from a local shop here that specializes in leather goods. You might ask/look there, if you have something like that near you.
Nice soft towels for drying, Newspaper for doing the windows (no streaks), good supply of Q-tips for the dash area and A/C-Heat ducts if you are into that much detail ;)

hixie
03-17-2006, 08:36 PM
www.gtechniq.com
nothing other than them.

Soulburner
03-18-2006, 02:34 AM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1123223&postcount=10

I use a lot of products from Poorboy's (http://www.poorboysworld.com/). Four Star UPP (http://www.autogeek.net/plulpapr.html) is my favorite last step product. Whatever you decide to use, just please never allow your car to roll through those carwashes with the spinning brushes. :eek: Those things need to be banned.
And any towel other than a quality microfiber will do the same thing...most people are scratching it themselves without even knowing...

JasonDTM
03-18-2006, 09:27 AM
I reccomend Zymol and or the clay bar technique

cdelatte
03-18-2006, 04:31 PM
Good stuff. So I need to use a micofiber towel to wash it. Is a shammy good enough to dry it? conrad.maranan what does Four Star UPP sealant actually do? They were trying to sell me some kind of paint protection that does not need waxing and supposedly can defend against red koolaid stains and love bugs <-we get those bad twice a year

freecableguy
03-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Zaino!!!

BTW, I just got a silver 2006 Acura TL w/NAVI and the underbody spoiler kit and decklid spoiler too! Awesome car, I love it so much. I'll post some pics soon...had mine for almost 2 weeks now... :D

cdelatte
03-19-2006, 11:41 AM
Zaino!!!

BTW, I just got a silver 2006 Acura TL w/NAVI and the underbody spoiler kit and decklid spoiler too! Awesome car, I love it so much. I'll post some pics soon...had mine for almost 2 weeks now... :D

We must have gotten ours almost the same time. We bought ours two thursdays ago:banana:

Stewie007
03-19-2006, 05:45 PM
You've gotta keep your chamois nice and soft and dont let it just sit out anywhere. OTherwise it will scratch your car. And if you dont know, you've gotta rinse it well before using it or it'll run and streak your car the first couple of uses. You know, yellow crap runs out of it :p

But anyways, dish soap is harsh on your wax and finish. I'd just get a gentle soap and a soft sponge like the one guy said. And dry with a cham when you're done. When you do wax it... I've found that Mothers, Turtle Wax PRemium, and the Eagle One gel stuff work equally well. The Eagle one actually brought out the metalic finish in my car the best.

Soulburner
03-19-2006, 06:22 PM
I dry my car with a 200mph electric leaf blower.

Celeron Gamer
03-19-2006, 11:12 PM
what does those new drying cloth look like?

nanashi
03-20-2006, 09:44 PM
3M makes very good microfiber cloths I use, they're smaller, but their electronics cloth is big enough for drying, and waffleweave.