PDA

View Full Version : Using the TT Smart Fan 2 Variable Speed Feature

BrainStorm
02-04-2003, 06:10 AM
Ok, to use the variable speed feature, you should just plug the wires with the rheostat on the end of them into the connector and it should work right? Mine does nothing when it's plugged in. I can turn it all the way in either direction and it makes no differnce at all to the fan speed.

Is there something I'm missing? BTW, thanks to TT for such great instructions. Right up there with the SLK-800 instructions. :D

Oh, and btw, my 42.5 cfm Sunon 80mm cools within 1 degree of the TT at full speed and its much quieter! To bad I don't know how many rpms it's running at.

EDIT: I don't have time to test it right now, but it just occurred to me that maybe I need to take the jumper of the connector for the thermistor controlled connector for the variable speed to be able to work. Is that the secret? Or is it just wishful thinking?

DriveEuro
02-04-2003, 07:42 AM
Put the variable speed adjust on the small connector. Don't put that jump on the other connector. BINGO! Simple as that.

BrainStorm
02-04-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by DriveEuro
Put the variable speed adjust on the small connector. Don't put that jump on the other connector. BINGO! Simple as that.

Thanks!