PDA

View Full Version : 2gbhx setup questions

Hassan
03-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Hi I just received my new sticks of mem from newegg... so far i could not get them to post at stock with spd settings but instead of 2-3-2-5 @ddr400, I could get 3-3-2-5 @ DDR501 to mem test and dual superpi 32m stable. I also tried DDR550 but memtest would reboot after launch at any voltage (I tried up to 2.75) and any mem timings. Right now I'm near my max cpu oc (277x10) and I am ok with a 180 divider, but based off of these a64 tweaker screenies do you see anything there that I could use to tweak for further performance... btw I set drive strength and data strength to AUTO. I don't really understand what those settings(7/1, 7/2, 7/3, 8/1) mean or how to determine baseline settings to tweak from... I am happier with this ram than my BH-5 or TCCD as I currently have 2 gigs now as opposed to 1 gig and so far am within .6 secs of my best superpi 1M time. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated... I am going to get back to further stability testing and burn-in, thx in advance

Hassan
03-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Ok so I lowered some of my settings and dropped that gap down to .4sec in superpi 1M, memtest stable and now testing under dual superpi32m, I also set drive strength to 7/2, btw does drive stength affect performance or strictly stability?