PDA

View Full Version : GR Gameplay

DarkWing
02-03-2003, 11:43 AM
Hey guys! I finally made it.
Ok, first I just want to say how much fun I have been having playing with you guys because you all keep me on my toes. Some of the games I get into are ridiculous with the spon camping and just plain bad gaming. It’s just not fun to try to organize some of the players out there into a sensible game plan when all most of them want to do is find the enemy spon site and camp there so they have big numbers at the end of the game. That is just no fun and I play this game for fun. I like getting into a group to work together while knowing the other team is doing the same.

DarkWing
02-03-2003, 11:49 AM
Now then. Something that has just been chapping my ass about the game is:
Does anyone know how the radar works?
-Do you show up because you’re standing or running upright?
-Do you only get the enemy on your radar when you or someone on your team have them in line of site only?
What if you’re lying down?

I have tried to figure this thing out but every time I think I have something figured out I get an exception to the rule.
I will be sneaking up on a guy and know he cant see me but boom dead as soon as I stick my head around the corner. I want to figure this out because a lot of times my strategy is to keep off there radar by taking it slow and keeping to cover to get from A to B.

DarkWing
02-03-2003, 11:51 AM
Oh, I almost forgot how the hell are you shooting around corners CADD!

lysdexic
02-03-2003, 01:10 PM
I haven't figured this out myself. My guess is that a circle will show up on the map if someone on the team has had the person in their field of view, however, maps like the Embassy with its alleys seems to negate this theory.

Does anyone have any clue what the Sensor does?

Edit: Someone recently said that the more Dossier items you have completed the farther you can detect people on the map.

DarkWing
02-03-2003, 01:39 PM
The Sensor is actually really cool. Everyone on your team gets to see the enemy on there radar is they go within like 50 ft of a sensor until the guy with the sensors dies then they have to lay them out again. You get really sucky weapons with the sensor though.

JBELL
02-03-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by DarkWing
Now then. Something that has just been chapping my ass about the game is:
Does anyone know how the radar works?

Yes

-Do you show up because you’re standing or running upright?

No

-Do you only get the enemy on your radar when you or someone on your team have them in line of site only?
Kinda like that.... I think it evens goes as far as type of weapon - and its range of view, and I seen in cases where site was impossible but sound was... and I have found enemies by sound too..

What if you’re lying down?
This can work too

I have tried to figure this thing out but every time I think I have something figured out I get an exception to the rule.
I will be sneaking up on a guy and know he cant see me but boom dead as soon as I stick my head around the corner. I want to figure this out because a lot of times my strategy is to keep off there radar by taking it slow and keeping to cover to get from A to B.
Sometimes other people just know .. could be another teammate tipped them off cuase they didnt have a shot but warned their teammates of your movement... I do this all the time for my team.

Radar vision is also impacted by ## of dosier missions you have completed - the more you play and complete the more ''alert'' you become on the radar map.

JBELL
02-03-2003, 07:30 PM
Oh, I almost forgot how the hell are you shooting around corners CADD!

Sorry can't teach you everything.

JBELL
02-03-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by lysdexic
I haven't figured this out myself. My guess is that a circle will show up on the map if someone on the team has had the person in their field of view, however, maps like the Embassy with its alleys seems to negate this theory.

Does anyone have any clue what the Sensor does?

Edit: Someone recently said that the more Dossier items you have completed the farther you can detect people on the map.

EXACTLY

JBELL
02-03-2003, 07:31 PM
The Sensor is actually really cool. Everyone on your team gets to see the enemy on there radar is they go within like 50 ft of a sensor until the guy with the sensors dies then they have to lay them out again. You get really sucky weapons with the sensor though.

I never use them myself....

refuse to.

DarkWing
02-04-2003, 08:35 AM
I am going to have to spend more time taking care of my missions then. By the way what gun was that you were using last night there JBell? Looked like an AK. I liked how you could shoot two shots and the granade launcher although I saw it wasn't semi auto.

DarkWing
02-04-2003, 08:41 AM
I saw you liked the sensors last night. I just wish it came with a better gun. Have you messed with the claymores yet? I haven't. I don't know how they work much either. I was thinking they would be good in the alleys of the embassy though. It would be useful to funnel the enemy into your fire lane. Although I would imagine they would just keep going there until the mines are all used up.

JBELL
02-04-2003, 09:15 AM
I am going to have to spend more time taking care of my missions then. By the way what gun was that you were using last night there JBell? Looked like an AK. I liked how you could shoot two shots and the granade launcher although I saw it wasn't semi auto.

AN-94

single shot - 2 round burst - full auto
and
5 gernade rounds.

JBELL
02-04-2003, 09:16 AM
I saw you liked the sensors last night. I just wish it came with a better gun. Have you messed with the claymores yet? I haven't. I don't know how they work much either. I was thinking they would be good in the alleys of the embassy though. It would be useful to funnel the enemy into your fire lane. Although I would imagine they would just keep going there until the mines are all used up.

sensors rock!!! and theclaymores - I tried them they are not very efficient.

DarkWing
02-07-2003, 02:47 PM
http://www.wpia.net/users/cickes/index_files/ghostrecon.pdf

Very good information on guns
":^)

lysdexic
02-08-2003, 12:36 AM
OK, here's the GR sites I talked about...

http://www.ghostreconlive.com/
http://clan-xbox.com/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlink&cid=3

We have now found other clans. Let's get the xtreme recon site up and start doing some serious strategy planning...Then we'll be ready for some challenges. Looks like the league is 4 on 4 so we need to come up with a current member list and our A and B teams.

JBELL
02-08-2003, 01:14 AM
OK, here's the GR sites I talked about...

http://www.ghostreconlive.com/
http://clan-xbox.com/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlink&cid=3

We have now found other clans. Let's get the xtreme recon site up and start doing some serious strategy planning...Then we'll be ready for some challenges. Looks like the league is 4 on 4 so we need to come up with a current member list and our A and B teams.

www.xtremerecon.org

lysdexic
02-08-2003, 10:11 AM
Take a look at how some of the other sites are designed. They are clan specific and we need private forums. These other teams are serious. Either we do the same or be prepared to go out there get our asses whooped and just have fun. That's fine with me, but something tells me some of the egos in our clan won't stand for that though... ;)

JBELL
02-08-2003, 03:52 PM
Take a look at how some of the other sites are designed. They are clan specific and we need private forums. These other teams are serious. Either we do the same or be prepared to go out there get our asses whooped and just have fun. That's fine with me, but something tells me some of the egos in our clan won't stand for that though... ;)

EGO ... me???

nah I just dont lose.... PERIOD! :toast: :stick: :stick: :stick:

XtremeKILLER
02-11-2003, 07:29 AM
Hey Cadd, you lost plenty of times yesterday remember? To those kids that were kinda retarded?

XtremeKILLER
02-11-2003, 07:31 AM
i see that i can detecte better with the dossiers completed. i just need 18 more and i got them all. Cadd better watch out i'm comming for you!:smileysex

JBELL
02-11-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by XtremeKILLER
Hey Cadd, you lost plenty of times yesterday remember? To those kids that were kinda retarded?

Yeah I was out gunned...... its all good...

what is your gamer tag?

XtremeKILLER
02-12-2003, 08:08 AM
I have a good idead if we play the POW Camp CADD. I think it will work if the defence is in the inside. I'll tell u on GR if u are going to be on tonight

XtremeKILLER
02-12-2003, 08:14 AM
Looks like Dr.D and i have some troubles on the mission POW Camp on elite. it seems that are pows keep dying before we even get a chance to rescue them. especially for me, cause i'm trying to get that dossier, to complete it using one soldier, freaken hard so far?!

JBELL
02-12-2003, 08:53 AM
xtremekiller - what is your gammer tag.