PDA

View Full Version : TTGI PSU mod

sc0tty8
02-03-2003, 08:45 AM
I currently have my eye set on the TTGI psu from directron. I read the review here, and was pretty impressed, however, I did not find a thread or article on how to adjust the pot. I was just wondering on how to do this w/o getting curly hair.

I have a voltage meter, a small screw driver, just need someone to give me a push:)

TheDude
02-03-2003, 01:06 PM
Simple really....crack it open and give the pot a slight turn to right...check it with your meter. Or the way I did it since I didn't have a meter at the time was to do it running and check it in bios...but be warned BE VERY CAREFUL if you do it this way..don't touch anything but the pot or you will curl more than your hair. There is 1 pot only...for +5 and +12 rail and it usually has a spot of glue on it. The glue on mine popped off with a turn of the pot, but there is a new post I just read about a guy who cannot get the glue off his pot. Turn it up a little higher than you want, it will drop some with a load.... good luck with it. :D

sc0tty8
02-03-2003, 11:16 PM
Well, how does this PSU compare to something like the antec true power 550w? I am looking to get a PSU soon as my rig is kinda suffering under load due to lack of juice...

TheDude
02-04-2003, 12:04 AM
I have never has antec 550...but it beats other antecs I have used (lower than 550). I would have had to actually used both to give honest answer...since I got my first 520 TTGI, I have used nothing else.

sc0tty8
02-04-2003, 12:15 AM
Well right now I am torn between the two, there is about a 30$ differance by the time shipping is all said and done...

What do others use around here?

Dissolved
02-06-2003, 08:29 AM
well id say get the ttgi 520w. best value. its under 100 i believe and has a pot and comes in colors.. what more could u ask for?